Is CovCath on the verge of the Greatest 9th Region Dynasty Ever?

The comment made it sound like Covington Catholic is recruiting kids from Ohio. Not the case at all, these kids are Northern Kentucky's finest getting a first class education and the opportunity to play for a first class programs all with a foundation in the Christian faith.

That was a lot to take in. I just threw up a little in my mouth. Frederick's nephew is coming right? and a possible classmate? Not recruiting just stating a fact. Not opposed to it, nothing wrong with it.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CovCath has 18 active players on their freshmen roster. Two are presently DL and two are moved up. With what's in front of them and with a point guard secure in his position for the next three years, what real future, other than the CovCath crazies do most of these kids have?

I'm tempted to start showing up at CovCath games with brochures and informational handouts.

I think some are misinterpreting the premise of the thread. Don't believe anyone is intending this as a chest thumping, we are the champions type boast. It is taking a look at the facts and stating an opinion.

State champion varsity team in 2013/2014. Undefeated against 9th region competition this season with wins over both of the other major contenders. Best player is still only a sophomore. Emerging star in the junior Flood. Very talented JV squad. Undefeated frosh team with a couple freshmen playing up to JV. Next years frosh class loaded with talent.

Looks like the recipe for a dynasty to me.

Should they win the region? YES! Will they? They can! Yes, anything can happen, but I am sure all of the other schools in the 9th would rather be in CCH's shoes Vs any other team. The 9th has a very good draw for the Sweet 16 as well.

It's too early to tell on any dynasty, but they have all the pieces in place to have a very special run over the next few years. Will coach R stay if they have a nice run this year, or win the Sweet 16 again? (IF). Who knows, but to say that CCH won't be able to afford him anymore? He could have gone to a number of schools instead of CCH and made a lot more money, his family has a business so I am guessing that he will be willing to work with CCH, and would want to work with them. Some people are very happy where they are at and other schools will not be able to offer enough for them to leave.

Having said that. I agree with Wireman, I say NCC! NCC, NCC, NCC, NCC, NCC! Write it down! Lawnboy, I just made reservations for you at the Lex Hyatt. :)

If it's free, it's for me. :lol:

Understood. However, if they don't win the region this year, I still think it'll be viewed as a huge disappointment. Not saying that's fair, but I do think that's how it will be viewed in the Cov Cath community as a whole. Again, just a personal opinion/observation.

I think you we need to be clear. Yes, there will be disappointment should the Colonels not win the region but the vast majority will not look at is an underachievement.

I still say NCC has the same chance of winning the 9th as CCH does.

I think you we need to be clear. Yes, there will be disappointment should the Colonels not win the region but the vast majority will not look at is an underachievement.

I still say NCC has the same chance of winning the 9th as CCH does.

As does a few other schools...