Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Patriots 28 Seahawks 24

Featured Replies

Best meme yet

 

10959418_10153063193482629_652351167921772981_n.jpg?oh=57d0e5cceb0a20b92c99082b5dac1854&oe=55613352

  • Replies 193
  • Views 19k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Told my buddies that the Patriots were going to have to get an interception or a fumble to win the game when the Seahawks got the ball back. After that crazy catch, I thought there was no way they'd pull it out.

 

No dog in the fight, but I'm glad the Patriots won. Great game to watch.

Great game! Carrolls decision to go for the TD before half when 99 percent of coaches in the super bowl would have kicked it gave his team the chance to win. Then his decision to not run Lynch at the end when 99 percent of coaches would have gave it to him lost them the game. One great decision that gave his team a chance to win and then one horrible decision that cost his team.

 

That's how I see it as well. I am not a Seahawks fan, especially having lived in Boston for 10 years, (:banana:), and, I have a lot of respect for some of their talented players, Wilson, Lynch, especially. However, I have seen that team take chance after chance, and they always seem to pan out. It finally came back to bite them...because I was already in my depressed mode after the ridiculous Kearse "catch". AND, I was upset with the Pat player who jumped over Kearse instead of playing the ball.

Dumb play call cost me a lot of money.

I was rooting for Seattle by default, but they are difficult to root for. Just not a lot of likeable characters. More of a "better of two evils" type game.

 

Anyone post any Gronk pictures on twitter?

My take on the game.

 

Brady had trouble throwing down field and was only successful on quick dink and dump passes. It seemed every time he tried to throw down field he really struggled, he also had trouble holding on to the ball, did anyone else notice that?

 

I don't remember them really trying to throw deep very often except on that touchdown to Gronk. With Seattle's secondary it looked to me like the game plan was to throw underneath from the get go. He completed 74% of his passes.

 

I also don't recall him fumbling at all. When did he have trouble holding on to the football. I saw him throw the ball at the ground across the middle when he was under pressure and the route didn't have time to develop but I don't recall him having any trouble holding on to the football.

This game set a record for TV ratings.

 

49/72

 

 

..which I think means 49% of the TVs in the country were watching this game and 72% of TVs that were being watched were watching this game.

 

Someone correct me if I've got that wrong.

I also don't recall him fumbling at all. When did he have trouble holding on to the football. I saw him throw the ball at the ground across the middle when he was under pressure and the route didn't have time to develop but I don't recall him having any trouble holding on to the football.

 

I must have missed that also... Can't think of one instance.

I must have missed that also... Can't think of one instance.

 

The only play I can think of is one where he pretty much threw it straight into the ground (not sure how it didn't get called grounding FWIW) where it looked like it slipped out of his hand, but even on that play I believe Wagner got his hand up at the last second, and Brady was simply trying to pull it back and not make the throw and he couldn't quite hold it back.

The only play I can think of is one where he pretty much threw it straight into the ground (not sure how it didn't get called grounding FWIW) where it looked like it slipped out of his hand, but even on that play I believe Wagner got his hand up at the last second, and Brady was simply trying to pull it back and not make the throw and he couldn't quite hold it back.

 

It looked to me on that one like he get enough time to let the play develop and wanted to throw it away but Wagner closed quicker than he thought and he couldn't get enough on it to make it look like he was trying to hit his receiver. I agree it should have been grounding.

It looked to me on that one like he get enough time to let the play develop and wanted to throw it away but Wagner closed quicker than he thought and he couldn't get enough on it to make it look like he was trying to hit his receiver. I agree it should have been grounding.

 

Doesn't grounding have to be ruled as intentional to avoid a sack? In this case, his receiver fell down, and he tried to stop his throw and it was too late.

You would think if you're going too have two you would least pick one winner. :p
Dallas Cowboys - 5 Super Bowl championships, 10 Conference championships, 22 Division championships, 31 Playoff appearances. I feel pretty good with that. :p
Doesn't grounding have to be ruled as intentional to avoid a sack? In this case, his receiver fell down, and he tried to stop his throw and it was too late.

 

 

Good point. I guess it was just so far off it looked like grounding--especially given he was getting ready to get planted.

Something to think about regarding the "worst play call in NFL history". If it was such a terrible dumb call, why was the Patriots defense completely prepared for it? Don't ya think if it was that far out there, they would've been expecting a run? :idunno:

Something to think about regarding the "worst play call in NFL history". If it was such a terrible dumb call, why was the Patriots defense completely prepared for it? Don't ya think if it was that far out there, they would've been expecting a run? :idunno:

Revis said he was expecting a run. :idunno:Expecting something and prepared for the other are two separate things.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.