February 2, 201511 yr There were two important keys to the game that many have overlooked: 1) At the beginning of the 4th quarter Mrs. Doomer went to bed, so I took over a position on my lucky loveseat. 2) At the end of the game, with a 1 yd. clinching touchdown run by Marshawn Lynch looming, I alllllmost got up from the loveseat thus throwing in the towel...but, I consciously decided to wait until the bitter end. I believe I should be the game MVP.
February 2, 201511 yr Something to think about regarding the "worst play call in NFL history". If it was such a terrible dumb call, why was the Patriots defense completely prepared for it? Don't ya think if it was that far out there, they would've been expecting a run? :idunno: They were expecting the run. Of course the first option is a pick play pass into the teeth of the run defense. Had he looked left and held for one more second he would have seen Lynch open in the flat and would have walked into the end zone because the receiver there had run the defense back into the EZ. And "If ifs and buts were candy and nuts . . ."
February 2, 201511 yr Just read that was the first INT thrown from the one yard line all season. Correct. Sports Center just said that there were 109 pass plays called from the one yard line (including playoffs) and this was the only interception.
February 2, 201511 yr Something to think about regarding the "worst play call in NFL history". If it was such a terrible dumb call, why was the Patriots defense completely prepared for it? Don't ya think if it was that far out there, they would've been expecting a run? :idunno: Worst call in Super Bowl history is a lot different than the worst call in football history. The Patriots were expecting run, that doesn't mean you still don't cover all eligible players. The Patriots had their goal line defense in. If they were expecting pass they wouldn't have had their run defense in. Don't make them out to be smarter than anyone else in that situation. They played run but still had to cover the receivers who were lined up outside. Every team in the NFL does the same.
February 2, 201511 yr Worst call in Super Bowl history is a lot different than the worst call in football history. The Patriots were expecting run, that doesn't mean you still don't cover all eligible players. The Patriots had their goal line defense in. If they were expecting pass they wouldn't have had their run defense in. Don't make them out to be smarter than anyone else in that situation. They played run but still had to cover the receivers who were lined up outside. Every team in the NFL does the same. Butler said before the play, Browner moved him into position because they knew the "pick" play was coming. :idunno:
February 2, 201511 yr I don't remember them really trying to throw deep very often except on that touchdown to Gronk. With Seattle's secondary it looked to me like the game plan was to throw underneath from the get go. He completed 74% of his passes. I also don't recall him fumbling at all. When did he have trouble holding on to the football. I saw him throw the ball at the ground across the middle when he was under pressure and the route didn't have time to develop but I don't recall him having any trouble holding on to the football. It was the play where at first the announcers thought the ball got knocked down at the line, but the replay showed when the D-Lineman jumped up Brady tried to stop the pass and pull it back but the ball came out of his hands anyway and went under the d-linemans arm and hit the turf.
February 2, 201511 yr Butler said before the play, Browner moved him into position because they knew the "pick" play was coming. :idunno: He also said on the radio this morning that they were looking for the run but he was only concerned with his job and Browner the same and that was to cover the receiver because they ran it in practice. Just because a pass is called doesn't mean the defense was looking for the pass. He even said they were thinking run, but he was only concerned with his job which is to cover the receiver. That is how every player should think every play, just about their job. It was an awesome play by him and I am very happy for a guy who you would never expect to be the hero. He didn't even play until half way through the game which was pretty cool also.
February 2, 201511 yr Correct. Sports Center just said that there were 109 pass plays called from the one yard line (including playoffs) and this was the only interception. 66 tds and 1 int total for the year on passes from the 1. 59 tds and 2 fumbles for the year on runs from the 1. Marshawn Personally had run from the 1 five times and scored 1 time.
February 2, 201511 yr Why? One AFC' date=' one NFC. It's what real football fans do. :lol2: [/quote'] No, real fans stick with one team.
February 2, 201511 yr Something to think about regarding the "worst play call in NFL history". If it was such a terrible dumb call' date=' why was the Patriots defense completely prepared for it? Don't ya think if it was that far out there, they would've been expecting a run? :idunno:[/quote'] There's no question it was an awful call. Terrible, awful, stupid call. Pats made a play, for sure, but it was as stupid as it gets.
February 2, 201511 yr There's no question it was an awful call. Terrible, awful, stupid call. Pats made a play, for sure, but it was as stupid as it gets. In the post game, the kid even said that it was one of their goal line packages they'd prepared for and the reason he knew to jump the route. I'd think predictability at the most important time of the season would be out the window. As bad as UKMF wants to deny it, it was the single worst call in NFL history. No question.
February 2, 201511 yr In the post game, the kid even said that it was one of their goal line packages they'd prepared for and the reason he knew to jump the route. I'd think predictability at the most important time of the season would be out the window. As bad as UKMF wants to deny it, it was the single worst call in NFL history. No question. :lol2: I said earlier in the thread I thought it was a terrible call. What more do you want me to say about it?
February 2, 201511 yr :lol2: I said earlier in the thread I thought it was a terrible call. What more do you want me to say about it? I want you to stop retracting that by saying the Pats were prepared for it. I'd guess most of them, even Butler was freakin' shocked at the stupidity of it.
February 2, 201511 yr [ATTACH=CONFIG]48894[/ATTACH] That is the best thing I've seen all day! I love that!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.