Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Patriots 28 Seahawks 24

Featured Replies

I want you to stop retracting that by saying the Pats were prepared for it. I'd guess most of them, even Butler was freakin' shocked at the stupidity of it.

 

I was simply posting what Cowherd was talking about on his show and what Butler said in his interview this morning. They weren't my opinions, just offering up comments from others.

  • Replies 193
  • Views 19k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, real fans stick with one team.
If that makes you feel better....

 

Still so serious.

 

I'll like whomever I please to like, if that's 5 teams, so be it. :D

 

Just to give you a heads up, I'm just joking with you. :p

I was simply posting what Cowherd was talking about on his show and what Butler said in his interview this morning. They weren't my opinions, just offering up comments from others.

 

That is as far as I could get in reading your post, sorry

haha.

I was simply posting what Cowherd was talking about on his show and what Butler said in his interview this morning. They weren't my opinions, just offering up comments from others.

I was listening to Cowherd when he was saying that. Dude was drowning fast with that argument. He was trying to justify the call by using the fact that the Pat's prepared for it in practice. They prepared for it because it's something the Seahawks run. No different then any other play they run. I like Cowherd but dude was way off on that one.

 

I was actually really surprised he was defending the call. I really expected him to be killing them for "trying to out think the room" as he likes to say.

New Super Bowl folklore: The infamous 1/2 yard interception by a 1st year player from West Alabama who probably wasnt on the roster at the beginning of the season. Should lead to a cool 30 for 30 presentation at some point.

New Super Bowl folklore: The infamous 1/2 yard interception by a 1st year player from West Alabama who probably wasnt on the roster at the beginning of the season. Should lead to a cool 30 for 30 presentation at some point.

 

He only played football for 2 years in high school.

Worked at Popeye's after high school, then decided to try to find a school where he could play football and wound up at West Alabama.

 

No matter what team you root for, you have to root for guys like him from ANY team!

How about when Michele Tafoya runs him down in the post game and in the interview used the word "precipice"? Nothing like a Jeopardy question on your first national interview! LOL

Butler was involved in 3 critical plays. His game-sealing interception. Two plays before with the circus catch. And intentionally tripping Lockett on the crossing route that would have given Seattle a first down earlier in the quarter.

Butler was involved in 3 critical plays. His game-sealing interception. Two plays before with the circus catch. And intentionally tripping Lockett on the crossing route that would have given Seattle a first down earlier in the quarter.

 

Didn't see anything like that.:idunno:

Butler was involved in 3 critical plays. His game-sealing interception. Two plays before with the circus catch. And intentionally tripping Lockett on the crossing route that would have given Seattle a first down earlier in the quarter.

 

Didn't see anything like that.:idunno:

 

I did. I don't know if the trip was intentional, but I did see it. No flags, and happened in the middle of the field, could have been accidental, who knows?

I did. I don't know if the trip was intentional, but I did see it. No flags, and happened in the middle of the field, could have been accidental, who knows?

 

I think it just looked accidental because he tripped himself, but I put it at 97% it was intentional. That was Butler wasn't it? It was a heads up play because he was beat.

I'm not a "fan" of either team. I don't have a "team" in the NFL. I just love watching football, good football. I love watching players who play with abandon. So, as that kind of spectator, I was thrilled with last night's game. Both teams played very, very well, in my "not a coach" opinion. I love the call that is being discussed so much because it was a call that was unexpected. It's the Super Bowl, go big or go home. You know that the Patriots are expecting it to go to Lynch. Pick some random dude and let him be "the guy". Try for the element of surprise. Of course, New England has their own element of surprise in Butler that spoils that for them. But if you watch the play, that receiver didn't have an awareness of his coverage. He collided with Butler, causing the ball to go right through his hands. Butler played that very, very well, and love how he hung on to the ball, and his teammate helped push him out of the end zone. I love crazy close games. I love crazy plays. I love crazy endings. This game had it all. I feel bad for Seattle, but not no more than if they'd lost the game by a big margin without that crazy call. Seattle had a 10 point lead going into the fourth quarter. New England was able to overcome that, methodically and in the end, if Seattle had made stops earlier in the 4th, we wouldn't be talking about the goal line play calling. I just don't think it was a terrible call, just a fortunate set of circumstances occurred for the Patriots at the right time...the moons aligned. Haven't we all seen games like that in high school, college and regular season and playoff games? It's football! C'mon August!

If that makes you feel better....

 

Still so serious.

 

I'll like whomever I please to like, if that's 5 teams, so be it. :D

 

Just to give you a heads up, I'm just joking with you. :p

 

So you do or don't like two teams?

I'm not a "fan" of either team. I don't have a "team" in the NFL. I just love watching football, good football. I love watching players who play with abandon. So, as that kind of spectator, I was thrilled with last night's game. Both teams played very, very well, in my "not a coach" opinion. I love the call that is being discussed so much because it was a call that was unexpected. It's the Super Bowl, go big or go home. You know that the Patriots are expecting it to go to Lynch. Pick some random dude and let him be "the guy". Try for the element of surprise. Of course, New England has their own element of surprise in Butler that spoils that for them. But if you watch the play, that receiver didn't have an awareness of his coverage. He collided with Butler, causing the ball to go right through his hands. Butler played that very, very well, and love how he hung on to the ball, and his teammate helped push him out of the end zone. I love crazy close games. I love crazy plays. I love crazy endings. This game had it all. I feel bad for Seattle, but not no more than if they'd lost the game by a big margin without that crazy call. Seattle had a 10 point lead going into the fourth quarter. New England was able to overcome that, methodically and in the end, if Seattle had made stops earlier in the 4th, we wouldn't be talking about the goal line play calling. I just don't think it was a terrible call, just a fortunate set of circumstances occurred for the Patriots at the right time...the moons aligned. Haven't we all seen games like that in high school, college and regular season and playoff games? It's football! C'mon August!

I was fine with them passing the ball, but at least use Lynch as a decoy. Fake it to him or something, just like they did against Green Bay when Wilson ran it in from a couple yards out.

Who coined the saying, "when you pass the ball, only three things can happen, and two of them are bad?"

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.