By The Numbers

Andy Dalton and the Playoffs.

Dalton has been pathetic and keep all the excuses out of this because none hold water.

In 4 Playoff Games in the last 4 years Andy Dalton's numbers are the following:

W - L

0 - 4

Pass Att Completions Yds Yds/Att Compl % TD INT QB Rating

158 88 873 5.5 55 1 6 57

Numbers don't lie

Nobody is going to argue that Dalton has been great in the playoffs. But it's tough to blame him for yesterday's debacle.

He didn't play as well as needed, but even if Dalton was a little better, the Colts still win.

If Dalton played good yesterday I wouldn't be hounding him like I am. Colts didn't play that great yesterday and kept the Bengals in the game. Remember they were only down 3 at halftime and getting the ball after halftime.

We let Hill run the ball a total of 3 times in the 2nd half which means the game was on Dalton's shoulders the entire 2nd half and couldn't come close to keeping the game in reach. Dalton was horrible. when you can't complete a 10 yard pass and go 0-9 in that stat in the game, then that is horrible. None of the receivers on those 9 passes of 10 or more yards dropped the ball either, the in-completions were all on Dalton.

57 QB Rating in 4 games is pathetic and no defending. If Dalton would of played good yesterday then we would have had a shot at winning, once the 2nd half started we had no shot. Dalton couldn't even get a 1st down in the 2nd half until there was 10 minutes left in the game.

And the Bengals were playoff regulars before Dalton showed up in Cincinati, right?

Dalton was not the reason they made the playoffs these last 4 years and to think he was the reason then you haven't watched this team.

You ever heard the saying that great QB's make their WR's look good? Carson for instance with TJ and Chad etc. Well AJ has made Dalton look really good, not the other way around.

You'd hound him regardless. We get it, you don't like Dalton and think he's holding the Bengals back. Most of us agree, at least on some level.

Not true. Look at my posts during the first 3 weeks of the season. I even said they looked like they could win it all this year from those games and gave Dalton all the credit he deserved for the great games he had then.

If he plays good I give him all the credit. The problem is it is so far and few between that you aren't used to him getting praise.

Not true. Look at my posts during the first 3 weeks of the season. I even said they looked like they could win it all this year from those games and gave Dalton all the credit he deserved for the great games he had then.

If he plays good I give him all the credit. The problem is it is so far and few between that you aren't used to him getting praise.

The problem Hellbird is that you are not equitable in the fervor of your praise vs. criticism. And that is what people see. He has a good game you acknowledge it in a thread. Anything less than a good game is a social media crusade with devoted threads pointing out his, or Marvin's, ineptness.

And no, I do not believe in Dalton and I believe Marvin should be gone.

Dalton was not the reason they made the playoffs these last 4 years and to think he was the reason then you haven't watched this team.

You ever heard the saying that great QB's make their WR's look good? Carson for instance with TJ and Chad etc. Well AJ has made Dalton look really good, not the other way around.

I'm not going to argue with you about that. But you and a lot of other Bengals fans seem to think good QBs and good NFL coaches grow on trees. You've got a coach that gets you to the playoffs and you want him fired. OK.

Who's the awesome quarterback out there that you're looking for? You know how many franchises are chasing a quarterback at any given point? At least half, right?

Dalton being understood as middling at best and there being an outstanding QB out there to go pluck are two different things.

Playoff teams over the last 4 years.

AFC

New England - 4

Denver -4

Cincinnati - 4

Baltimore - 3

Indianapolis - 3

Pittsburgh - 2

Houston - 2

K.C. - 1

San Diego - 1

NFC

Green Bay - 4

San Fran - 3

Seattle - 3

New Orleans - 2

Carolina - 2

Detroit - 2

Atlanta - 2

Philadelphia - 1

Arizona - 1

Dallas - 1

Minnesota - 1

Washington - 1

NYG - 1

Hopefully I didn't make any mistakes.

Getslow nailed it, although I think at any one time there's way more than half the league chasing QB's. People say draft a QB. Easy, right? I would recommend those people reviewing the past 4 drafts since AD was drafted and look at the results. Sobering to say the least.

Getslow nailed it, although I think at any one time there's way more than half the league chasing QB's. People say draft a QB. Easy, right? I would recommend those people reviewing the past 4 drafts since AD was drafted and look at the results. Sobering to say the least.

Has any team that has drafted a QB after Dalton was drafted won any playoff games? Oh crap, the answer is yes, and won super bowl also.

Hey I get it more than most. I'm a Minnesota Vikings fan. They've been chasing a franchise QB basically since Fran Tarkenton retired in 1978.

Playoff teams over the last 4 years.

AFC

New England - 4

Denver -4

Cincinnati - 4

Baltimore - 3

Indianapolis - 3

Pittsburgh - 2

Houston - 2

K.C. - 1

San Diego - 1

NFC

Green Bay - 4

San Fran - 3

Seattle - 3

New Orleans - 2

Carolina - 2

Detroit - 2

Atlanta - 2

Philadelphia - 1

Arizona - 1

Dallas - 1

Minnesota - 1

Washington - 1

NYG - 1

Hopefully I didn't make any mistakes.

Not sure what this is, can you explain? If it's playoff loses by those teams, why don't you also show playoff wins? Would be really interested in the teams that have at least 3 playoff losses, how many of those teams have 0 wins in that same time span.

Here is a NFL list also

Bengals

That is the complete list in the entire history of the NFL of all the teams that have lost 4 straight wildcard games.