Boyle County 69 Covington Catholic 58

One big consideration on this stat would be how many of those were shot in the 4th when CCH was having to foul to try and get back in the game. fT stats do not always represent officiating, if that is what is being implied here. Heard that Boyle controlled most of the game.

Wasn't implying anything honestly but that Boyle was awesome from the foul line. I was very impressed with their FT accuracy.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I saw Boyle was just a better team with better players/athletes across the board. Unless you shoot the lights out it's hard to compete when that happens.

Agreed,,after watching Boyle on Friday, this did not come as a surprise..

The Colonels are obviously missing a few key ingredients that propelled them to greatness last season.

They do now have a formidable group that's capable, but haven't quite yet found themselves, or are yet living up to their full potential.

Now with 3 seasons of varsity experience, Bo Schuh has hinted at greatness, but the time has come to see him step it up to play with more dominance. Not sure how the transformation from man to monster is to happen, but it sure would make a profound difference if it were to happen.

Theobald and CVH have been largely consistent and reliable, and I expect them to continue to be so.

Flood's game is a nice addition, and has proven to be an exciting reliable option. So far he's earned his right to be in the starting 5, and certainly can be more than key for the Colonel's success.

I like the confidence that Grant Romes plays with as displayed in the Boyle game with his pole to pole drive to the hoop, as well as all the other workhorse attributes that he brings to the game that can sometimes go unnoticed.

Heppler is loaded with a bit of untapped potential that hopefully will prove to be displayed as he gains more varsity experience.

Would love to see Shumate show what he's made of and develop a more confident approach, for it he could get into his zone, he'd be lights out. A bit disappointed that we've yet to see that consistency, and hope that once and for all he could lose all of his mental timidity and go ahead and step it up. I feel that he's on the brink, and hope that the fire within ignites.

Massie and Sweeney have shown decent enough reliable minutes giving a spark off the bench while others take a brief breath.

A couple of others off the bench might have a promising future, but really don't seem to be ready for prime time, and really wouldn't at all be needed if some of the prime time players could live up to their full potential and step it up.

Good coaching, and the loaded potential of the Colonels could ultimately show us something more awesome come February and March. Hopefully it proves to be as I've no doubt that the possibilities are more than there. Hopefully it all comes together for the Colonels, and they show us before season's end what greatest they can achieve by living up to their full potential. Rome wasn't built in a day. Hopefully the remainder of the season is ample enough time for them to pull it all together.

Hopefully too last season's success can be a great motivator, and not just a shadow to live under.

The Colonels are obviously missing a few key ingredients that propelled them to greatness last season.

Biggest one is Nick Ruthsatz and I said in the beginning of the season that even though CovCath would be a good team, they would be nowhere close to last year's team because they have no one in that school currently that comes remotely close to replacing what Ruthsatz gave them, no one...