December 27, 201411 yr Thats what worries me the most, it appears we are headed in the wrong direction.
December 27, 201411 yr Did a search after reading yours post. Sadly, found this: People Upset Jet Blue Is Helping Police Get To Funerals | The Daily Caller Wow, reading those posts after the article will make your blood boil. Jet Blue is doing a great thing here and will get much more positive PR than negative. The people upset about this are a very vocal but small minority. Many more people are happy about Jet Blue doing this than are upset by it.
December 27, 201411 yr Things you don't disrespect: the dead. Goes for both sides of the debate. I despise funeral protests. When someone goes out of their way to help someone get to a funeral, then I'm probably not going to speak out against them regardless of how I feel. Classy move by Jet Blue and while people have a right to protest, I think their protests show a real lack of class and speaks volumes about their character. I agree. Sadly I feel a lot of people lacking that character don't have a clue what it even is.
December 27, 201411 yr Jet Blue flew in 670 officers for the funeral. Flew them for free. Will the protesters now protest or boycott Jet Blue for this? I read something like that somewhere today...many were upset at JetBlue for this. Did a search after reading yours post. Sadly, found this: People Upset Jet Blue Is Helping Police Get To Funerals | The Daily Caller Jet Blue received a bomb threat over this. Bomb threat delays plane bound for ABIA | KXAN.com
December 27, 201411 yr Author Jet Blue received a bomb threat over this. Bomb threat delays plane bound for ABIA | KXAN.com [ATTACH=CONFIG]48359[/ATTACH] Idiots!
December 27, 201411 yr Jet Blue received a bomb threat over this. Bomb threat delays plane bound for ABIA | KXAN.com [ATTACH=CONFIG]48359[/ATTACH] They just opened a whole can of worms. This goes under Homeland Security type crimes. They can keep you detained basically as long as they want. Hope they find these morons and put them away.
December 27, 201411 yr Akai Gurley by all accounts I've read was a tragic accident, not murder. Negligence was probably involved, but it's different and there's really no reason to discuss it here. Your comparison is ignorant anyway. The discussion regarding funerals is about respect. Obama sent representatives to the funeral of a man who tried to injure/kill a police officer. It would be nice if for once, his office pretended to care when someone dies in service of their city, state, and their country. Most pepole have a problem with him sending reps to Brown's funeral and barely mentioning the murders of two (three in 24 hrs) police officers. As for your comment about turning their backs...the NYPD turned their backs on the Mayor. I don't blame them. They feel like he threw then under the bus and backed over them. I doubt anyone will be thinking about that at the funeral of their dead coworker, friend, husband, dad etc. And yet they did turn their backs today when the mayor got up to speak during Officer Ramos eulogy. I would imagine that the family had to okay the Mayor speaking at the funeral. It was in poor taste in my opinion to use the man's funeral to make a political statement. Hundreds Turn Their Back on de Blasio at NYPD Officer's Funeral - ABC News
December 27, 201411 yr And yet they did turn their backs today when the mayor got up to speak during Officer Ramos eulogy. I would imagine that the family had to okay the Mayor speaking at the funeral. It was in poor taste in my opinion to use the man's funeral to make a political statement. Hundreds Turn Their Back on de Blasio at NYPD Officer's Funeral - ABC News While I'm not sure it was the right venue. They did protest without obstructing or making noise. Most the officers were outside the church as well. It still doesn't change the fact that they have a legitimate gripe. The mayor was 100% attacking the police force during his election and during the protests. Now that these assassinations have occurred he is trying to back track.
December 27, 201411 yr The police who turned their back on the mayor are selfish. They decided they were there to make a point first and foremost when it should have been 100% about supporting two families.
December 27, 201411 yr While I'm not sure it was the right venue. They did protest without obstructing or making noise. Most the officers were outside the church as well. It still doesn't change the fact that they have a legitimate gripe. The mayor was 100% attacking the police force during his election and during the protests. Now that these assassinations have occurred he is trying to back track. But as I said the family obviously had to okay the mayor speaking or he wouldn't have been up there delivering a eulogy. If that is what the family wished it is inappropriate to make a political statement at that point. Very disrespectful to the family that they were supposed to be there supporting.
December 28, 201411 yr But as I said the family obviously had to okay the mayor speaking or he wouldn't have been up there delivering a eulogy. If that is what the family wished it is inappropriate to make a political statement at that point. Very disrespectful to the family that they were supposed to be there supporting. They can support the family and show their displeasure with the Mayor at the same time. I'm sure the family understands and probably supports their Brothers in Blue regardless if they OK'd the Mayor speaking. What you don't understand is how being a LEO. firefighter, EMS worker, etc. is a lifestyle not just a job. You spend as much time with your brothers/sisters as you do your family at home. Brotherhood isn't just a word, it's what you live. I know, I've been part of the family for over 28 years.
December 28, 201411 yr They can support the family and show their displeasure with the Mayor at the same time. I'm sure the family understands and probably supports their Brothers in Blue regardless if they OK'd the Mayor speaking. What you don't understand is how being a LEO. firefighter' date=' EMS worker, etc. is a lifestyle not just a job. You spend as much time with your brothers/sisters as you do your family at home. Brotherhood isn't just a word, it's what you live. I know, I've been part of the family for over 28 years.[/quote'] They made the story about them. Not appropriate. Plenty of time to after the funeral to show displeasure.
December 28, 201411 yr They can support the family and show their displeasure with the Mayor at the same time. I'm sure the family understands and probably supports their Brothers in Blue regardless if they OK'd the Mayor speaking. What you don't understand is how being a LEO. firefighter, EMS worker, etc. is a lifestyle not just a job. You spend as much time with your brothers/sisters as you do your family at home. Brotherhood isn't just a word, it's what you live. I know, I've been part of the family for over 28 years. Oh I understand how jobs like that go. I've been worth the railroad for 20 years. You spend 12-16 hours a day, 6-7 days a week with the same people often away from home on weekends, holidays, birthdays etc. The last 9 years I've traveled 100+ days a year worth the same group of people. They do become like family. LEOs and first responders aren't the only ones who have difficult, time consuming jobs that the entire country depends on. I would just never use the funeral of a co-worker and friend to make a political statement against someone that the family of the deceased chose to have speak at their funeral. Their cause may be noble. The timing and setting was inappropriate.
December 28, 201411 yr And yet they did turn their backs today when the mayor got up to speak during Officer Ramos eulogy. I would imagine that the family had to okay the Mayor speaking at the funeral. It was in poor taste in my opinion to use the man's funeral to make a political statement. Hundreds Turn Their Back on de Blasio at NYPD Officer's Funeral - ABC News I'd imagine they wouldn't care what you think. Some of you all are the worst of the worst when it comes to MMQBing other peoples decisions...or should I say police officers decisions.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.