Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Two NYC Police Officers Killed in Ambush

Featured Replies

No way we can hold organizers of rallies responsible for actions of a small sample size. I also do not hold lawmakers that attend such rallies responsible for those people.

 

I'd say there's no reason to hold police responsible for the actions or perceived wrong doing of a small sample size...but unfortunately a lot of people do.

  • Replies 458
  • Views 36.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd say there's no reason to hold police responsible for the actions or perceived wrong doing of a small sample size...but unfortunately a lot of people do.

 

Same principle as people holding others accountable for members of a protest, another race, etc.

 

I really think that one of the biggest goods and common grounds that's emerged from all of these BGP discussions is that both sides are starting to realize that more often than not.

 

It's no secret that there's a "pro-police" and "anti-police" corner (at least on some levels) in most of these debates, but you don't see any "pro-police" who are defending officers who clearly, without question mess up and you don't see any "anti-police" who are defending things like protestors who are chanting things like "kill police", etc.

I present the TEA Party rallies as an example of something that attracts SOME who are on the fringe and do not represent what the majority of the party think. When a guy shows up with signs about blacks and breeding with animals I do NOT blame Sen Cruz for attending nor the politicians who sponsored the event and have railed against immigrants and welfare. They, too, have created an environment that SOME will use as an excuse for their actions.

 

It all comes down to an individual's actions.

 

Comparing the tea party to Al Sharpton is intellectually dishonest. How many tea party events had riots destruction of property and violence. There was definitely an attempt by the media to paint that picture but when facts don't match up its a false equivalency.

Comparing the tea party to Al Sharpton is intellectually dishonest. How many tea party events had riots destruction of property and violence. There was definitely an attempt by the media to paint that picture but when facts don't match up its a false equivalency.

 

Are you saying that there were no TP events where people espoused racist views?

 

You're too smart to not know the analogy is strictly with the actions of the few not being blamed on the organizer of the event/protest.

 

Same principle as people holding others accountable for members of a protest, another race, etc.

 

Yeah...that was my point.

Are you saying that there were no TP events where people espoused racist views?

 

You're too smart to not know the analogy is strictly with the actions of the few not being blamed on the organizer of the event/protest.

 

Again false equivalency. That's exactly what I'm saying . How many tea party protestors were arrested.?What type of violence was there ? Did we have riots in the street ? Did they disrupt other people's lives? False equilvancy.

 

U.S. Attorney in Illinois: We?ve Gotten Intel ISIS Reaching Out to Ferguson Criminals | Mediaite

 

I'm sure terrorist groups were reaching out to tea party groups to destroy America as well I'll be waiting on that evidence.

Again false equivalency. That's exactly what I'm saying . How many tea party protestors were arrested.?What type of violence was there ? Did we have riots in the street ? Did they disrupt other people's lives? False equilvancy.

 

U.S. Attorney in Illinois: We?ve Gotten Intel ISIS Reaching Out to Ferguson Criminals | Mediaite

 

I'm sure terrorist groups were reaching out to tea party groups to destroy America as well I'll be waiting on that evidence.

 

And I say, again, you're not getting the analogy. I'm STRICTLY talking about how the leader of ANY organized event with large numbers of people cannot be responsible for the actions (or words or signs) of the few. We can debate the actions taken and try to make distinctions all day. Irrelevant to the point I am making. You CANNOT blame Sharpton, the mayor, or the POTUS for the actions of a very small % of the people in the streets.

And I say, again, you're not getting the analogy. I'm STRICTLY talking about how the leader of ANY organized event with large numbers of people cannot be responsible for the actions (or words or signs) of the few. We can debate the actions taken and try to make distinctions all day. Irrelevant to the point I am making. You CANNOT blame Sharpton, the mayor, or the POTUS for the actions of a very small % of the people in the streets.

 

And I say, again, you're not getting the analogy. I'm STRICTLY talking about how the leader of ANY organized event with large numbers of people cannot be responsible for the actions (or words or signs) of the few. We can debate the actions taken and try to make distinctions all day. Irrelevant to the point I am making. You CANNOT blame Sharpton, the mayor, or the POTUS for the actions of a very small % of the people in the streets.

 

When they paint a picture of corrupt police officers and departments who make decisions based on race they are feeding into a culture of hate and anger. They have fed the storyline that feeds the anger of people chanting for cops to be murdered.

And I say, again, you're not getting the analogy. I'm STRICTLY talking about how the leader of ANY organized event with large numbers of people cannot be responsible for the actions (or words or signs) of the few. We can debate the actions taken and try to make distinctions all day. Irrelevant to the point I am making. You CANNOT blame Sharpton, the mayor, or the POTUS for the actions of a very small % of the people in the streets.

 

Also I get your analogy just because I don't agree with it doesn't mean I don't get it. I just simply think you are wrong.

Yeah...that was my point.

 

Sometimes we speak different languages and are saying the same thing, we just don't always know it I guess, hahaha.

Also I get your analogy just because I don't agree with it doesn't mean I don't get it. I just simply think you are wrong.

 

Sharpton holds a rally

10,000 people show up

20 people chant to kill cops

 

You say Sharpton is responsible.

 

You hold a rally

10,000 people show up

20 people chant to kill cops

 

By your logic, you support killing cops. Fair assumption about your position?

 

All Clizzy is saying is that how are you going to hold the organizer responsible for the actions/words of so few. I don't think you support killing cops but if you held a rally and atleast one person supports it, you are saying you support it (by your logic).

Sharpton holds a rally

10,000 people show up

20 people chant to kill cops

 

You say Sharpton is responsible.

 

You hold a rally

10,000 people show up

20 people chant to kill cops

 

By your logic, you support killing cops. Fair assumption about your position?

 

All Clizzy is saying is that how are you going to hold the organizer responsible for the actions/words of so few. I don't think you support killing cops but if you held a rally and atleast one person supports it, you are saying you support it (by your logic).

 

By your statement your trying to make believe only 20 people out of 10 thousand chant hateful things and cause violence and mayhem. So your point is invalid from the start.

Quinapac did a poll on Sharpton. He has a 69% approval rating with black Americans and 80% feel he is a positive force.

 

If you can't see how that is a negative on this discussion this will go no where.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.