Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Two NYC Police Officers Killed in Ambush

Featured Replies

 

Some of his statements are tongue-in-cheek, such as the MSNBC line. The others are statements that depend upon your point of view, open for debate, like you say your a 'funny guy'.

  • Replies 458
  • Views 36.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Obama can invite him all he wants. Sharpton still doesn't speak for me. And just because Sharpton is a race-baiting opportunist doesn't mean that he is an idiot. I'd say Sharpton is a pretty smart fella and I guarantee what he says behind closed doors is ever repeated publicly. I'm not a Sharpton fan and I never have been but I can see how he is of some value to Obama. Sharpton has his followers just like O'Reilly, Hannity and Rush do.

 

Don't follow any of the three. Rush is an blowhard. Hannity is a right wing zealot. O'Reilly thinks too highly of himself.

 

I think what you are missing is that while Sharpton doesn't speak for you he does for millions. That's not good for any of us. He is a racist just like David Duke is. How would you have reacted if Bush or Clinton had invited him to the White House?

 

The only value he is to Obama is giving Obama credibility with the millions that Shaprton speaks for. Ends justify the means I guess. I'm just not made that way.

Some of his statements are tongue-in-cheek, such as the MSNBC line. The others are statements that depend upon your point of view, open for debate, like you say your a 'funny guy'.

 

And while I would love to see race relations improve in this country, we're so much better off than most.

 

Ain't it great living in a country where I can state that Rush Limbaugh is a total waste and feel offended that somewhere a tree is producing oxygen for him to breathe? You can state that he is truthful and factual (well, to be specific; you said that he knows the definition of truth and fact; not that he was truthful and factual - a subtle but significant difference).

 

And neither of us will spend our golden years in the Gulag as a result!

And while I would love to see race relations improve in this country, we're so much better off than most.

 

Ain't it great living in a country where I can state that Rush Limbaugh is a total waste and feel offended that somewhere a tree is producing oxygen for him to breathe? You can state that he is truthful and factual (well, to be specific; you said that he knows the definition of truth and fact; not that he was truthful and factual - a subtle but significant difference).

 

And neither of us will spend our golden years in the Gulag as a result!

 

Not yet anyway. The Obama regime still has 2 more years of executive orders to make that happen. :ylsuper:

Not yet anyway. The Obama regime still has 2 more years of executive orders to make that happen. :ylsuper:

 

Now, that was funny!

 

​(see, everybody?)

Don't follow any of the three. Rush is an blowhard. Hannity is a right wing zealot. O'Reilly thinks too highly of himself.

 

I think what you are missing is that while Sharpton doesn't speak for you he does for millions. That's not good for any of us. He is a racist just like David Duke is. How would you have reacted if Bush or Clinton had invited him to the White House?

 

The only value he is to Obama is giving Obama credibility with the millions that Shaprton speaks for. Ends justify the means I guess. I'm just not made that way.

 

Do you seriously think that Clinton or Bush haven't entertained white people in the White House who absolutely cannot stand black people? Come on man, I know you're not that naive to believe that Reagan, Bush I, Clinton and Bush II haven't entertained racists in the White House at least once.

 

We all know people who are racist. I'd say we all have at least one family member who is racist. You really want me to believe that none of those rich, white POTUSes didn't have racist friends or receive campaign money from someone who wasn't racist? Really?

Do you seriously think that Clinton or Bush haven't entertained white people in the White House who absolutely cannot stand black people? Come on man, I know you're not that naive to believe that Reagan, Bush I, Clinton and Bush II haven't entertained racists in the White House at least once.

 

We all know people who are racist. I'd say we all have at least one family member who is racist. You really want me to believe that none of those rich, white POTUSes didn't have racist friends or receive campaign money from someone who wasn't racist? Really?

 

Here's an even easier test: Al Sharpton was invited to the White House by the last two presidents and I don't remember reading many posts about how George Bush (or Bill Clinton) were subverting white people and setting back race relations. Clinton was called the "first black president," and despite the ridiculousness of that moniker, it was meant to connote that he was receptive to many issues in the black community. I have never read anything about Clinton's legacy, and there's been plenty written, that insinuates he set race relations back because of it.

 

Obama does it and now you would think we are teetering on the edge of some kind of race war.

Here's an even easier test: Al Sharpton was invited to the White House by the last two presidents and I don't remember reading many posts about how George Bush (or Bill Clinton) were subverting white people and setting back race relations. Clinton was called the "first black president," and despite the ridiculousness of that moniker, it was meant to connote that he was receptive to many issues in the black community. I have never read anything about Clinton's legacy, and there's been plenty written, that insinuates he set race relations back because of it.

 

Obama does it and now you would think we are teetering on the edge of some kind of race war.

 

The current President can't win. He's kind of a hybrid.

So you and others have never said the issue is not gun control but, rather, mental health when people screamed for gun control?
When they blame the gun? Heck yes! Tell me how it's ever the guns fault.
I speculated also. It wasn't until we had to wait a month later to get Officer Wilson to finally get his stroy straight before we found out the "truth". But sure, go ahead and condemn folks for acting on the only known "facts" at the time. I ask again what did Obama say about the grand jury's choice to not indict?
They weren't facts. You're a smart guy, I don't need to tell you why running with or believing the first thing said by a guy that was already part of the problem to begin with is a poor decision. Do I?

 

Where did I say Obama said anything about the grand jury's choice to not indict?

Good. Make sure you never do. They are getting worse and it is because of social media not the POTUS.
Why would I?

 

Social media is definitely a huge part of the problem, I agree completely. Comments made by the president were also part of the problem. That's all some people need is for someone in power to jump to conclusions like he did ramp up their fervor.

Why would I?

 

Social media is definitely a huge part of the problem, I agree completely. Comments made by the president were also part of the problem. That's all some people need is for someone in power to jump to conclusions like he did ramp up their fervor.

 

Again, I'll ask, what exactly did he say? No one has told me yet.

Again, I'll ask, what exactly did he say? No one has told me yet.
Comments like “the death of Michael Brown awakened our nation to a reality that black citizens already understood".

“In too many communities around the country, a gulf of mistrust exists between local residents and law enforcement”.

"The shooting death of a black teen by a white police officer last month in Ferguson, Missouri, exposed the racial divide in the American justice system that stains the heart of black children”.

 

I already know what your answer is to this, so you don't have to bother if you don't want to.

 

In a time when people are enraged already, these kind of statements do nothing to help the situation and, like HB20 said, is sounds like he sides against the police. Fuel for the fire.

Do you seriously think that Clinton or Bush haven't entertained white people in the White House who absolutely cannot stand black people? Come on man, I know you're not that naive to believe that Reagan, Bush I, Clinton and Bush II haven't entertained racists in the White House at least once.

 

We all know people who are racist. I'd say we all have at least one family member who is racist. You really want me to believe that none of those rich, white POTUSes didn't have racist friends or receive campaign money from someone who wasn't racist? Really?

 

I would say they probably have. Don't remember them parading them out to speak out against black people.

 

Obama gives him a public platform next to the most powerful man in the world. That is not good for any of us.

 

I am far from naive nor am I blind to what Sharpton brings to the table. He is no different than David Duke in my opinion. That's why I can't understand how he is so widely accepted.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.