Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Two NYC Police Officers Killed in Ambush

Featured Replies

???

 

Dude whatever, I live in freaking Texas of all places and you assume I'm a 'liberal'. Good job, Mr. Jump To Conclusions.

 

I came back to Kentucky for the holidays, so I guess I should feel back at home with the someone hearing or reading something they disagree with and immediately jumping to the 'liberal' crap.

 

I don't think there's any point in continuing a discussion with you, so think whatever you want, I really don't care.

 

Now you have gone and done it. You have gone from head deep to shoulder deep to the top of your legs deep. There are liberals in TX, some wasted their vote for governor on Wendy Davis.

  • Replies 458
  • Views 36.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's funny and sad at the same time. It's also yet another sign that people just don't get it. Worrying about Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and paying attention to any of their words and actions is synonymous with black people worrying about Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh. It's a waste of time and energy. All 5 of them are stupid.

 

At least Hannity, O'Reilly and Limbaugh know the definition of truth and fact, in addition they know the how to define honor and integrity, four things that Sharpton, Jackson, Biden, Pelosi, Reid and Obama know nothing about.

The President gives him credence when he aligns himself with him.

 

I may not agree with Obama's policies and think he is not a good leader but I still respect him because he is the President. He doesn't do anyone any favors aligning with Sharpton.

This ^^^^^^^

 

This is exactly what some on here are refusing to address. Instead of saying "What in his speech did he say that was so wrong" How about his actions? I keep reading on here over and over about if Malik is murdered and a White POTUS doesn't send representatives to his funeral blah blah blah....We aren't talking about made up Malik are we? We are talking about a proven thug and criminal Michael Brown and that continues to be ignored by some on here.

 

Still waiting for the reasoning to send representatives to his funeral. Haven't heard any reason and everytime it is asked the few on here that defend the POTUS' actions continue to refuse to answer.

This ^^^^^^^

 

This is exactly what some on here are refusing to address. Instead of saying "What in his speech did he say that was so wrong" How about his actions? I keep reading on here over and over about if Malik is murdered and a White POTUS doesn't send representatives to his funeral blah blah blah....We aren't talking about made up Malik are we? We are talking about a proven thug and criminal Michael Brown and that continues to be ignored by some on here.

 

Still waiting for the reasoning to send representatives to his funeral. Haven't heard any reason and everytime it is asked the few on here that defend the POTUS' actions continue to refuse to answer.

 

I'll probably get flamed for this, but here goes. Knowing who was sent lends some insight as to why they were sent. The reps Obama sent were from the Office Of Public Engagement. "The Office of Public Engagement helps open the two-way dialogue, ensuring that the issues impacting our nation’s proud and diverse communities have a receptive team dedicated to making their voices heard within the Administration, and even more importantly helping their concerns be translated into action by the appropriate bodies of the Federal Government." I don't think these reps were sent in support of Michael Brown specifically. I think they were sent in support of the community of Ferguson, a community that right or wrong, believed one of their own was murdered by police. That belief and many of the resulting problems and events would have taken place regardless of what Obama said.....he didn't create that belief. I believe this reps were there to show the people of Ferguson that the government cares, that they have a voice and it will be listened to in an attempt to ease race relations. Maybe it helped, maybe it didn't. But again, Rather than ignore the situation, Obama does something, (and in this case, it was to insure the questions that were asked by the community were at least answered and ultimately show some understanding from the government) he gets blasted. Obama didn't create this mess, a mess everyone agrees exists. But yet people hate him for even mentioning it exists, let alone trying to address it.

I'll probably get flamed for this, but here goes. Knowing who was sent lends some insight as to why they were sent. The reps Obama sent were from the Office Of Public Engagement. "The Office of Public Engagement helps open the two-way dialogue, ensuring that the issues impacting our nation’s proud and diverse communities have a receptive team dedicated to making their voices heard within the Administration, and even more importantly helping their concerns be translated into action by the appropriate bodies of the Federal Government." I don't think these reps were sent in support of Michael Brown specifically. I think they were sent in support of the community of Ferguson, a community that right or wrong, believed one of their own was murdered by police. That belief and many of the resulting problems and events would have taken place regardless of what Obama said.....he didn't create that belief. I believe this reps were there to show the people of Ferguson that the government cares, that they have a voice and it will be listened to in an attempt to ease race relations. Maybe it helped, maybe it didn't. But again, Rather than ignore the situation, Obama does something, (and in this case, it was to insure the questions that were asked by the community were at least answered and ultimately show some understanding from the government) he gets blasted.

 

So why not send reps to all the people killed in Chicago every weekend? Did he send reps to the kids funeral that was killed in Cleveland? How about Eric Garner? Any reps there? How about the poor girl burned alive in Mississippi that appears to be gang related?

 

Obama is selective in when he send his reps in. That's my problem. Do it for all or do it for none. Don't make it appear you are picking a side.

So why not send reps to all the people killed in Chicago every weekend? Did he send reps to the kids funeral that was killed in Cleveland? How about Eric Garner? Any reps there? How about the poor girl burned alive in Mississippi that appears to be gang related?

 

Obama is selective in when he send his reps in. That's my problem. Do it for all or do it for none. Don't make it appear you are picking a side.

 

That's a fair point. But to answer that point, The situation in Feeguson was different. For whatever reason, this situation carried with it a lot of community unrest and outrage. They were calling for action because they felt an individual had been unjustly murdered by a person in position of power. They wanted answers, and more importantly someone to listen. I don't remember the same feeling coming out of the other situations you mention. Again, I don't think this was about supporting Michael Brown. His funeral became a touch point for the community. That's why I think the reps from that particular office were there.

I'll probably get flamed for this, but here goes. Knowing who was sent lends some insight as to why they were sent. The reps Obama sent were from the Office Of Public Engagement. "The Office of Public Engagement helps open the two-way dialogue, ensuring that the issues impacting our nation’s proud and diverse communities have a receptive team dedicated to making their voices heard within the Administration, and even more importantly helping their concerns be translated into action by the appropriate bodies of the Federal Government." I don't think these reps were sent in support of Michael Brown specifically. I think they were sent in support of the community of Ferguson, a community that right or wrong, believed one of their own was murdered by police. That belief and many of the resulting problems and events would have taken place regardless of what Obama said.....he didn't create that belief. I believe this reps were there to show the people of Ferguson that the government cares, that they have a voice and it will be listened to in an attempt to ease race relations. Maybe it helped, maybe it didn't. But again, Rather than ignore the situation, Obama does something, (and in this case, it was to insure the questions that were asked by the community were at least answered and ultimately show some understanding from the government) he gets blasted. Obama didn't create this mess, a mess everyone agrees exists. But yet people hate him for even mentioning it exists, let alone trying to address it.

Here is the problem I have with that. If you are going to send those representatives to try and open dialogue between the police dept. and the community then send them to the police dept. or city council meeting or something similar. Don't send them to the funeral of a known criminal because that sends the wrong message.

 

If you want to open communication with the community and the police department, then don't choose an incident that had nothing to do with race and make it look as if it did and also making the punk a martyr in the process.

I know everyone here is saying that Sharpton does not speak for them and tries to distance themselves from him but let me say why I bring him into this. He is always linked to the family s. He speaks at the rally's. He appears with the family's. He has close talks with the family. He is a close friend and adviser to Obama( how many times this year has he been in meetings with Obama at the White House?) Look a the article below. See why anyone would not think he is a point man for the events?

 

Sharpton: Our city is hurting from murder of NYPD officers - NY Daily News

 

IF he is not speaking for the Black Community then someone needs to tell him and Obama.

I'm not sure your example is apples to apples with what it seems happened with President Obama's handling of recent events.

In your example, if said POTUS sent a representative to show support for the murderer and said little to nothing to support the victim, would you agree that it would hurt relations with the black community?

 

 

In my example I am not talking about relations in the community. I am speaking about my own personal feelings. I can't control what other people choose to think about incidents and how they are handled. I'm simply saying that I don't look into things such as who is at whose funeral as deeply as a lot of others do. I don't understand why people are bothered about who was sent to what funeral.

The President gives him credence when he aligns himself with him.

 

I may not agree with Obama's policies and think he is not a good leader but I still respect him because he is the President. He doesn't do anyone any favors aligning with Sharpton.

 

 

Credence to who? Last I saw Obama doesn't have any respect from anyone so how can he give credence to Al Sharpton? You guys give Sharpton way more credence than anyone when you discuss his latest race-baiting attention grabbing speech.

I know everyone here is saying that Sharpton does not speak for them and tries to distance themselves from him but let me say why I bring him into this. He is always linked to the family s. He speaks at the rally's. He appears with the family's. He has close talks with the family. He is a close friend and adviser to Obama( how many times this year has he been in meetings with Obama at the White House?) Look a the article below. See why anyone would not think he is a point man for the events?

 

Sharpton: Our city is hurting from murder of NYPD officers - NY Daily News

 

IF he is not speaking for the Black Community then someone needs to tell him and Obama.

 

 

If I show up at an event and can weasel my way onto camera and make a speech does that make me the new point man?

If you show up at the White House ALOT, are with the familys of both alot, issue statements for them sometimes?

Better question is if Sharpton is not the face of the Black Community then who is or is there someone? I understand there may not be.

I think they were sent in support of the community of Ferguson, a community that right or wrong, believed one of their own was murdered by police.

 

And therein lies the problem...one of them anyway. The community WRONGLY believed one of their own was "murdered". And hey, given the very first eye "witness" account and the lies he told, I can understand that sentiment. However, once the facts started to surface and we all found out Brown wasn't just some innocent bystander gunned down in cold blood as many would have you believe or many had come to believe, the sentiment of the Ferguson public didn't change to mirror the actual event. That has to change and in my opinion they should be held accountable for their criminal actions during the protests (the ones who were involved and insighted rioting).

And therein lies the problem...one of them anyway. The community WRONGLY believed one of their own was "murdered". And hey, given the very first eye "witness" account and the lies he told, I can understand that sentiment. However, once the facts started to surface and we all found out Brown wasn't just some innocent bystander gunned down in cold blood as many would have you believe or many had come to believe, the sentiment of the Ferguson public didn't change to mirror the actual event. That has to change and in my opinion they should be held accountable for their criminal actions during the protests (the ones who were involved and insighted rioting).

 

And that I don't disagree with. There is no excuse for looting, rioting or violence. Ever. But because , for whatever reason, a large part of that community felt wronged, and hold a huge lack of trust for government and law enforcement. And the POTUS created the Office of Public Engagement to deal specifically to deal with issues of diversity, and disenfranchisement.....to allow those voices to be heard and issues discussed. I have no problems with sending those reps to the funeral. Again, he's not nor ever has supported Micael Brown or what he did. He just promised to listen, and make sure these issues and concerns were fairly addressed. He's never supported Brown or what he did.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.