Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Two NYC Police Officers Killed in Ambush

Featured Replies

No one is denying it.

 

Good. Make sure you never do. They are getting worse and it is because of social media not the POTUS.

  • Replies 458
  • Views 36.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On a side note, I lost it laughing when a black friend of mine posted on Facebook saying, "I can tell how out of touch people are with the black community based on how much control they think Al Sharpton has over how I think".

 

It's funny and sad at the same time. It's also yet another sign that people just don't get it. Worrying about Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and paying attention to any of their words and actions is synonymous with black people worrying about Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh. It's a waste of time and energy. All 5 of them are stupid.

PP I was just stating this cause I watched alot of hours of this and there were alot of bad things said about the police and white people. I am also saying that whats going on now runs much deeper than the events that has happened lately, which I know you agree. I just think its headed the wrong way not the way thats best for our country.

 

I couldn't agree more.

It's funny and sad at the same time. It's also yet another sign that people just don't get it. Worrying about Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and paying attention to any of their words and actions is synonymous with black people worrying about Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh. It's a waste of time and energy. All 5 of them are stupid.

People get it wrong still about Sharpton etc.

Any sane person knows he is not the voice for black people. The problem I have is the fact that the media gives him a voice and unfortunately there are idiots who look for any excuse to go out and protest and riot and will allow what the media is feeding them as an excuse to do their bidding and guess who is leading the misfits in that? Sharpton and the like.

 

It's funny and sad at the same time. It's also yet another sign that people just don't get it. Worrying about Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and paying attention to any of their words and actions is synonymous with black people worrying about Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh. It's a waste of time and energy. All 5 of them are stupid.

 

I don't think I've heard anything racist from the last 3...Why are they the same as Al and Jesse?

On a side note' date=' I lost it laughing when a black friend of mine posted on Facebook saying, "I can tell how out of touch people are with the black community based on how much control they think Al Sharpton has over how I think".[/quote']

 

It certainly seems has some pull in the community considering all marches he organizes. He also gave the eulogy at Michael Brown's funeral right?

 

So you and others have never said the issue is not gun control but, rather, mental health when people screamed for gun control?

 

The guy was clearly a lunatic...What more do you want people to say?

Good. Make sure you never do. They are getting worse and it is because of social media not the POTUS.

 

I think all of the people in here saying that Obama is the catalyst for worsening race relations are saying that a black president should not comment on race or acknowledge that race still affects this country (which is obvious to most anyone). Any mention of race from a black president is de facto considered antagonistic toward white people (unless he is implicating black people as the problem, then he is doing good). Of course, "black" is a necessary qualifier, because white presidents have freely opined on the issue without such blowback - LBJ was far more forceful and assertive on the race issue than Obama has been, Nixon and Reagan were far more antagonistic on the issue than Obama could ever hope to be.

 

Obama has been about as milquetoast on the race issue as one could be. And I don't blame him either. Look at the vitriol in this thread (and others) in response to what Obama has actually said or done, to the point that people can't even cite it, they are just vaguely angry that Obama has acknowledged a black perspective on some events. It just doesn't remotely match. Obama was probably the last notable public figure to make any comment on some of these national stories, yet there are several in here absolutely convinced they only became national stories because Obama demanded it.

 

I won't add anything else. PP92 has put it as straightforwardly as it could be.

I don't think I've heard anything racist from the last 3...Why are they the same as Al and Jesse?

 

Their agendas are all self serving and they cater to a certain sect of society. O'Reilly, Hannity and Limbaugh have all been racist at different points just as Al and Jesse have.

I think all of the people in here saying that Obama is the catalyst for worsening race relations are saying that a black president should not comment on race or acknowledge that race still affects this country (which is obvious to most anyone). Any mention of race from a black president is de facto considered antagonistic toward white people (unless he is implicating black people as the problem, then he is doing good). Of course, "black" is a necessary qualifier, because white presidents have freely opined on the issue without such blowback - LBJ was far more forceful and assertive on the race issue than Obama has been, Nixon and Reagan were far more antagonistic on the issue than Obama could ever hope to be.

 

Obama has been about as milquetoast on the race issue as one could be. And I don't blame him either. Look at the vitriol in this thread (and others) in response to what Obama has actually said or done, to the point that people can't even cite it, they are just vaguely angry that Obama has acknowledged a black perspective on some events. It just doesn't remotely match. Obama was probably the last notable public figure to make any comment on some of these national stories, yet there are several in here absolutely convinced they only became national stories because Obama demanded it.

 

I won't add anything else. PP92 has put it as straightforwardly as it could be.

 

Thank you. I love when you post. I always appreciate it and you always hit the nail on the head.

 

Their agendas are all self serving and they cater to a certain sect of society. O'Reilly, Hannity and Limbaugh have all been racist at different points just as Al and Jesse have.

 

Got any proof of those statements? Clyde demanded proof of Sharptons racism, even though he knew about it. Perhaps you could show us some proof?

It certainly seems has some pull in the community considering all marches he organizes. He also gave the eulogy at Michael Brown's funeral right?

 

I won't disagree with that, but would still also think it's pretty safe to say that there is quite a significant number of black people who are just tired of him too.

I don't think I've heard anything racist from the last 3...Why are they the same as Al and Jesse?

 

Rush Limbaugh:

"Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it."

 

 

•"Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?"

 

•"Take that bone out of your nose and call me back."

 

 

 

•"I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They're interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there's a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn't deserve."

 

He was asked to resign from his Monday Night Football gig for the last one.

Got any proof of those statements? Clyde demanded proof of Sharptons racism, even though he knew about it. Perhaps you could show us some proof?

 

As soon as SOMEONE provides me with Obama's full inflammatory statements about Michael Brown and the grand jury decision that have ruined race relations in America for my lifetime.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.