December 21, 201411 yr So no one else finds it interesting that mental health has not been mentioned like it always is? Just me? Instead we have seen the President, Rev Al, the mayor, and protesters blamed for this shooting. Did the guy shoot his girlfriend because of those people? Maybe it's just me. I think it's fair to question his mental state. But it is also fair to question whether these protests and Rev AL inspired a lunatic to do something crazy.
December 21, 201411 yr Yet no one has. I don't understand your point. So your criticizing people's points they are making . We don't know his mental state yet. All we have is his social media postings which show how he was influenced by the protests. He probably was looney tunes but I have limited information at my disposal. So let's he was a lunatic how does that change the points being made ?
December 21, 201411 yr What I also find interesting reading Twitter, FB, and other news accounts is the undercurrent of the "blacks should apologize for this" thinking. Note: Please don't waste KBs on Guru's server with "not me" posts. No one is openly saying it. It's certainly there though. As PP92 has always said , we aren't anywhere NEAR good race relations like many try to claim. It's ALWAYS an issue and ALWAYS will be. Denying that is futile.
December 21, 201411 yr Yet no one has.No offense, Clyde, but it's pretty well known to virtually everyone on earth that to execute someone (unprovoked) your mental state is not all there to begin with. Not sure that needs to be clarified in this case. But to answer your question, the dude was crazy.
December 21, 201411 yr What I also find interesting reading Twitter, FB, and other news accounts is the undercurrent of the "blacks should apologize for this" thinking. Note: Please don't waste KBs on Guru's server with "not me" posts. No one is openly saying it. It's certainly there though. As PP92 has always said , we aren't anywhere NEAR good race relations like many try to claim. It's ALWAYS an issue and ALWAYS will be. Denying that is futile. Who's denying that ? Are race relations better than the 1970s? Of course. Could they be better ? Obviously. I think people are openly saying the protestors who motivated this man to kill two cops should apologize. I'm not bashful about saying that. I don't think anyone is saying all black people should apologize and I don't know anyone saying that so you will have to prove that is an overwhelming feeling because I call Oscar Mayer Bologna. When we have people at protests chanting no justice no peace or a rally Al Sharpton is leading where a large contingent are chanting about killing cops. Then we have two cops executed who the killer by all indications was motivated by these types of rallies it going to spark anger and right fully so. Edited December 21, 201411 yr by mcpapa
December 21, 201411 yr No offense, Clyde, but it's pretty well known to virtually everyone on earth that to execute someone (unprovoked) your mental state is not all there to begin with. Not sure that needs to be clarified in this case. . Yet many quickly mention mental health when gun control is suggested. That's my point. It's only mentioned when it suits many (NOT ALL) agendas.
December 21, 201411 yr Author Yet no one has. Well in most of the mass shootings that have happened evidence of Mental Health issues didn't come out right away in all those cases,when it was it was talked about. I've haven't read a whole lot about this guy, if he has mental health issues then they are part of the equation as well. But I don't think based on his Instagram that he didn't know who he was going to target and why he was targeting them. Anyone that commits a crime like this has mental issues IMO, what is particular issues are I don't know. Was he on psychotropic drugs like the Colorado Movie Killer, Columbine Shooters or Sandyhook Shooters? But the selecting of NYPD officers as a target seems to have more to do with recent events as these were not random shootings.
December 21, 201411 yr Yet many quickly mention mental health when gun control is suggested. That's my point. It's only mentioned when it suits many (NOT ALL) agendas. What agenda ? I still don't understand your point ?
December 21, 201411 yr Author Yet many quickly mention mental health when gun control is suggested. That's my point. It's only mentioned when it suits many (NOT ALL) agendas. I bring up mental health all of the time when discussing gun control. That's the #1 loophole in the system IMO. Not sure what that has to do with this incident though.
December 21, 201411 yr Video of the chaos. http://nypost.com/2014/12/21/video-the-frantic-aftermath-of-an-nypd-execution/
December 21, 201411 yr So no one else finds it interesting that mental health has not been mentioned like it always is? Just me? Instead we have seen the President, Rev Al, the mayor, and protesters blamed for this shooting. Did the guy shoot his girlfriend because of those people? Maybe it's just me. Mental health is always bright up? Every time?
December 21, 201411 yr Yet many quickly mention mental health when gun control is suggested. That's my point. It's only mentioned when it suits many (NOT ALL) agendas. Race seems to be mentioned to fit agendas a lot as well. Does that bother you? How was the Wilson/Brown case about race, ever? No facts ever suggested it was about race but a lot of people wanted it to be.
December 21, 201411 yr Well in most of the mass shootings that have happened evidence of Mental Health issues didn't come out right away in all those cases,when it was it was talked about. I've haven't read a whole lot about this guy, if he has mental health issues then they are part of the equation as well. But I don't think based on his Instagram that he didn't know who he was going to target and why he was targeting them. Anyone that commits a crime like this has mental issues IMO, what is particular issues are I don't know. Was he on psychotropic drugs like the Colorado Movie Killer, Columbine Shooters or Sandyhook Shooters? But the selecting of NYPD officers as a target seems to have more to do with recent events as these were not random shootings. Good point. He had distinct targets. Most mass shooters aren't picking out specific people just easy targets.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.