Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Two NYC Police Officers Killed in Ambush

Featured Replies

It's almost like you had these stored away just waiting to post them :lol2:.

 

I'm not a fan of O'Reilly, Hannity, Limbaugh, Sharpton or Jackson. I think they're all pretty bad human beings. They weren't hard to find.

  • Replies 458
  • Views 36.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the record, in 6 years when an unarmed Malik Walker is shot by the cops for whatever reason and our then white POTUS doesn't send White House reps to the funeral I 1.) won't be mad or bothered at all and 2.) I won't blame that white POTUS for ruining race relations by not sending White House reps to his funeral. I'll understand completely.

 

If an innocent young man is brutally executed in the streets of the U.S. by police for no reason what so ever, by all means, send someone to the funeral.

 

When someone robs a convenience store, assaults a police officer and tries to take that Officer's gun? It's disrespectful to that Officer who had to fight for his life and it's disrespectful to the Police, Firefighters, and Military that have died serving their country all while the President doesn't even so much as make a comment about it.

I'm not a fan of O'Reilly, Hannity, Limbaugh, Sharpton or Jackson. I think they're all pretty bad human beings. They weren't hard to find.

 

I didn't see Hannity's examples. You have more work.

I didn't see Hannity's examples. You have more work.

 

Hannity is more careful than the other two. He generally just brings people with racist views on his show and gives them a platform while not speaking out against their vitriol. Here's a bunch of examples: (Warning bad language)

 

Primetime Racism on Fox ? FAIR

 

There's a ton of racist comments out there from Sharpton and Jackson as well.

Edited by AverageJoesGym

If an innocent young man is brutally executed in the streets of the U.S. by police for no reason what so ever, by all means, send someone to the funeral.

 

When someone robs a convenience store, assaults a police officer and tries to take that Officer's gun? It's disrespectful to that Officer who had to fight for his life and it's disrespectful to the Police, Firefighters, and Military that have died serving their country all while the President doesn't even so much as make a comment about it.

 

Let me rephrase then. If an innocent young black male, Malik Walker, is brutally murdered in the streets of the US for no reason and our white POTUS doesn't send White House reps to the funeral I 1.) won't be mad or bothered at all and 2.) I won't blame the white POTUS for ruining race relations in our country.

 

In the CNN video you linked Obama did say that LEOs have a very difficult job and they have every right to return home safely. You miss that part?

Hannity is more careful than the other two. He generally just brings people with racist views on his show and gives them a platform while not speaking out against their vitriol. Here's a bunch of examples: (Warning bad language)

 

Primetime Racism on Fox ? FAIR

 

There's a ton of racist comments out their from Sharpton and Jackson as well.

 

None saved from Hannity huh? :lol2:

Let me rephrase then. If an innocent young black male, Malik Walker, is brutally murdered in the streets of the US for no reason and our white POTUS doesn't send White House reps to the funeral I 1.) won't be mad or bothered at all and 2.) I won't blame the white POTUS for ruining race relations in our country.

 

In the CNN video you linked Obama did say that LEOs have a very difficult job and they have every right to return home safely. You miss that part?

 

I didn't say I disagreed with everything he said, did I?

Hannity is more careful than the other two. He generally just brings people with racist views on his show and gives them a platform while not speaking out against their vitriol. Here's a bunch of examples: (Warning bad language)

 

Primetime Racism on Fox ? FAIR

 

There's a ton of racist comments out their from Sharpton and Jackson as well.

 

Hannity uses the code much like Sharpton and Jackson do. They all use mental gymnastics to get their views out there. It doesn't take long to listen to any of the three and understand the point they are trying to make and that they are speaking to their core audience.

I didn't say I disagreed with everything he said, did I?

 

Nothing he said implicated any LEOs of wrong doing. He didn't crap on the police and if anything he empathized with them and spoke on how to solve the lack of trust between the community and the LEOs. What did he say that you did disagree with?

That's one. I figured he'd be the easiest.

 

Definitely so. Rush makes it easy, which is a shame because I think he's actually an intelligent person on a lot of levels. Not someone I agree with on all fronts, but you can tell that he's a smart guy, which kind of makes it hurt worse.

 

When I talk to people who've grown up in households where things like that are common or something similar, I can at least have more empathy for them because you can understand how they got to that point. With Rush, it's kind of like, if you aren't doing this to be controversial and sell your show, I really wonder if you are just a horrible person.

Yet many quickly mention mental health when gun control is suggested. That's my point. It's only mentioned when it suits many (NOT ALL) agendas.

 

Did you see the NAACP's press release regarding the shootings last night? They made mention of how gun violence is still an on going issue within NY. That they hoped to help work with others to fight gun crime. Didn't mention the fallen officers at all.

I must add this has been quite educational for me reading all this. It's great we can all disagree and put our opinion out there so we all can better understand.

Did you see the NAACP's press release regarding the shootings last night? They made mention of how gun violence is still an on going issue within NY. That they hoped to help work with others to fight gun crime. Didn't mention the fallen officers at all.

 

That's not a good look at all. Mentioning the officers and denouncing the shootings should have been the first thing they did. That could have then led into the gun violence conversation.

Let me rephrase then. If an innocent young black male, Malik Walker, is brutally murdered in the streets of the US for no reason and our white POTUS doesn't send White House reps to the funeral I 1.) won't be mad or bothered at all and 2.) I won't blame the white POTUS for ruining race relations in our country.

 

In the CNN video you linked Obama did say that LEOs have a very difficult job and they have every right to return home safely. You miss that part?

 

I'm not sure your example is apples to apples with what it seems happened with President Obama's handling of recent events.

In your example, if said POTUS sent a representative to show support for the murderer and said little to nothing to support the victim, would you agree that it would hurt relations with the black community?

It's funny and sad at the same time. It's also yet another sign that people just don't get it. Worrying about Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and paying attention to any of their words and actions is synonymous with black people worrying about Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh. It's a waste of time and energy. All 5 of them are stupid.

 

The President gives him credence when he aligns himself with him.

 

I may not agree with Obama's policies and think he is not a good leader but I still respect him because he is the President. He doesn't do anyone any favors aligning with Sharpton.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.