Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Two NYC Police Officers Killed in Ambush

Featured Replies

And the timing of the statements were extremely bad. I argue that it only helps enrage already enraged people even more.

 

If Obama cared so much for the police, maybe he would send representatives to a at least a few of the funerals of slain police officers like he did for a guy that attacked a police officer. That alone could seem like a message to some.

 

 

Why would he send representatives from The Office of Public Engagement to a slain officer's funeral?

  • Replies 458
  • Views 36.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems to me that if Obama has said anything inflammatory it would have came after the grand jury decision.
To be honest, I was surprised he didn't. :lol2:
Why would he send representatives from The Office of Public Engagement to a slain officer's funeral?
Not saying they should be representatives from The Office of Public Engagement.
To be honest, I was surprised he didn't. :lol2:

 

:lol2:

 

Hell, I'm glad he didn't. :lol2:

Not saying they should be representatives from The Office of Public Engagement.

 

Who would be the proper people to send if he doesn't attend in person? It's been stated that the people at the Brown funeral were government employees that were working. I think it would be a great gesture to send representatives to slain officer's funerals. Just not sure who they should be. Eric Holder?

Who would be the proper people to send if he doesn't attend in person? It's been stated that the people at the Brown funeral were government employees that were working. I think it would be a great gesture to send representatives to slain officer's funerals. Just not sure who they should be. Eric Holder?
I'm not sure what official representatives would be correct but I agree it would be a great gesture.
  • Author

Holder would be appropriate since he is the highest ranking Law Enforcement person in the country.

And if he does send someone and they turn their backs on them or ask them to leave?

 

When does the blame game stop and people start working together? Did the police send representatives to Akai Gurley’s funeral?

  • Author

FWIW I don't think the family cares if anyone comes or not.

 

The President denounced the killings in very strong terms, IMO that is all that he needed to do.

And if he does send someone and they turn their backs on them or ask them to leave?

 

When does the blame game stop and people start working together? Did the police send representatives to Akai Gurley’s funeral?

Not there, obviously. :lol2:
But yet people still blame the gun when it's a mass shooting' date=' don't they? And, really? Anti-govt feelings from right-wing vocal minority, NRA, gun laws(driven by NRA) , these are why you think there are mass shootings or people shooting spouses, etc.?[/quote']

 

Read it again. I said those are factors people cite. They are as irrational as blaming these murders on any person or law other than the shooter.

Before the grand jury acquittal of the officer in the Michel Brown shooting' date=' he was already organizing protests across the country in major cities such as LA, NY etc. Reverend Al Sharpton: Activists ready for Michael Brown decision in Ferguson | 7online.com Sharpton's National Action Network has plans in place for vigils and protests in at least two dozen cities no matter what decision is announced, he said. Demonstrators will gather outside U.S. government buildings to demand federal prosecutors take over the case. You wanted proof of his indirect cause, there you go.

 

Organizing vigils and protests stretches the definition of "indirect."

Read it again. I said those are factors people cite. They are as irrational as blaming these murders on any person or law other than the shooter.
Gotcha. Although, I disagree somewhat. If someone is enraged about something, they can very easily be pushed to a violent act by comments they find provoking. And yes, I agree that someone that is unstable to begin with would be more easily pushed to that degree.
And if he does send someone and they turn their backs on them or ask them to leave?

 

When does the blame game stop and people start working together? Did the police send representatives to Akai Gurley’s funeral?

 

Akai Gurley by all accounts I've read was a tragic accident, not murder. Negligence was probably involved, but it's different and there's really no reason to discuss it here.

 

Your comparison is ignorant anyway. The discussion regarding funerals is about respect. Obama sent representatives to the funeral of a man who tried to injure/kill a police officer. It would be nice if for once, his office pretended to care when someone dies in service of their city, state, and their country. Most pepole have a problem with him sending reps to Brown's funeral and barely mentioning the murders of two (three in 24 hrs) police officers.

 

As for your comment about turning their backs...the NYPD turned their backs on the Mayor. I don't blame them. They feel like he threw then under the bus and backed over them. I doubt anyone will be thinking about that at the funeral of their dead coworker, friend, husband, dad etc.

Thank you. I love when you post. I always appreciate it and you always hit the nail on the head.
Don't forget, "he always makes me go for my dictionary". Right now I'm trying to figure out what milquetoast is and if it's tasty....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.