Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Two NYC Police Officers Killed in Ambush

Featured Replies

I went to NYC this summer to see the Reds play over a long weekend. I felt pretty safe there. I would not want any part of going to NYC now. New Year's Eve should be interesting there this year too. Tourism is definitely going to take a hit if this stuff keeps up....

  • Replies 458
  • Views 36.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"in the 1970’s when Police Officers were ambushed and executed on a regular basis."

 

:scared:

 

It is also naive to believe that by his actions and words in the Martin, Brown and Garner matters he has not hurt relations. When you start having Sharpton stand with you, you have gone down the wrong path.

 

Then we are screwed. But we already knew that anyways. He hasn't said anything inflammatory in any of those cases but if his perspective as a black man is inflammatory and ruins race relations then......

Man I was out celebrating Christmas and ignored the news . Wake up to this news . Sad day . What kind of world do we live in when any human would do this to a police officer. Sad day indeed.

 

 

I do agree with those blaming the protests. Like I said they were occupy wall street nut jobs inciting violence again.

I think most realize it's been bad since...well....forever. I think that what most people are saying is the president adds fuel to the fire when he only speaks about the injustice for one side. This from a man, mind you, that is of both races. He will speak about Trayvon Martin, Eric Garner and Michael Brown but not any officer killed in the line of duty. He doesn't send any representatives to police officers funerals, but does for Michael Brown. He meets with people like Al Sharpton, a well know race baiter, on race issues. He makes comments like "There’s no black male my age, who’s a professional, who hasn’t come out of a restaurant and is waiting for their car and somebody didn’t hand them their car keys" which by the way, I call bull crap. We have the First Lady claiming racism because a woman her to help her take something off a shelf. She claims "because she didn’t see me as the first lady, she saw me as someone who could help her". This is a time right now where we need some leadership, not fanning of racial flames. Guess what the two of them are currently doing.

 

Yeah keep your head in the sand then. I've been mistaken for a valet twice. Once at the Hyatt in downtown Cincy. Oops. I guess I'm fanning the racial relations now.

 

The worst thing that could have happened to this country was a black man being elected president. It's clear that as a country none of us were ready.

Yeah keep your head in the sand then. I've been mistaken for a valet twice. Once at the Hyatt in downtown Cincy. Oops. I guess I'm fanning the racial relations now.

 

The worst thing that could have happened to this country was a black man being elected president. It's clear that as a country none of us were ready.

 

Serious question is being mistaken for a valet racist ? I don't even understand racism anymore. In my lifetime I've been mistaken as a worker at Kroger Walmart and target . I didn't take it as a sign of disrespect. I just took it that a customer was confused.

 

Was the person thinking you were a valet rude ?

Really really sad news. Prayers to the families of ALL who died.

 

With all this race relations crap, I really think the majority of it has more to do with the way people were brought up and whether or not they were taught morals. In any race, gender, or any category of the country the #1 problem is fatherlessness. Maybe Obama can have a roll in race relations, but if he does i doubt he can help or hurt the cause drastically. It comes down to the way people were raised. Jmo.

Serious question is being mistaken for a valet racist ? I don't even understand racism anymore. In my lifetime I've been mistaken as a worker at Kroger Walmart and target . I didn't take it as a sign of disrespect. I just took it that a customer was confused.

 

Was the person thinking you were a valet rude ?

 

No. Neither time was either of them rude and both were embarrassed when they realized they made the mistake. It didn't make me mad, I laughed and tried to put everyone at ease in an awkward situation. When things like that happen to blacks our first thought of question is "would that have happened if I was white?" It's entirely possible that it could have but after decades of racism and enduring it that will always be the first thing we think as blacks in this society whether it is right or wrong. It's just the way it is. According to some people when we speak on it we are ruining racial relations and that message comes across to blacks as "shut the hell up, nobody is being racist to you."

 

Just the the way it is.

Then we are screwed. But we already knew that anyways. He hasn't said anything inflammatory in any of those cases but if his perspective as a black man is inflammatory and ruins race relations then......

 

The biggest issue I have with him in regards to everything since the day Michael Brown was shot, is he publicly seemed to come to Brown's defense before knowing the facts. And to my knowledge he never came back and said he was wrong, jumped to conclusions, etc. I think this basically led to a rallying cry. I think protestors felt the president was on their side and that they could take matters into their own hands without fear of reprocussions. So now, it appears it's open season on cops and thus far, the ones trying and succeeding hurting cops do not appear to be being punished. If they are, it's not being reported by the media, which in turn sends the message to cop haters, "people are hurting cops and getting away with it, so I can too". The only thing being reported at all at this point is ANY incident involving white officers and black citizens. The media is fanning the flames right now and are single handidly turning everyone against each other.

This whole thread is very maddening and sad. Good grief folks get a grip or we are gonna explode. Breathe....

At some point, rational thinkers on both sides of this issue need to step up and take control. Regardless of whether I think specific incidents indicate excessive action by law enforcement officials, there is absolutely no way one can condone the senseless killing of police for no other reason than they are wearing a uniform. NO WAY!

The biggest issue I have with him in regards to everything since the day Michael Brown was shot, is he publicly seemed to come to Brown's defense before knowing the facts. And to my knowledge he never came back and said he was wrong, jumped to conclusions, etc. I think this basically led to a rallying cry. I think protestors felt the president was on their side and that they could take matters into their own hands without fear of reprocussions. So now, it appears it's open season on cops and thus far, the ones trying and succeeding hurting cops do not appear to be being punished. If they are, it's not being reported by the media, which in turn sends the message to cop haters, "people are hurting cops and getting away with it, so I can too". The only thing being reported at all at this point is ANY incident involving white officers and black citizens. The media is fanning the flames right now and are single handidly turning everyone against each other.

 

What did he say that was so bad? Maybe I am looking in the wrong places but I can't find anything anywhere he has said anything inflammatory in the Michael Brown situation. I can't even find anything where he came to Brown's defense. Everything I have seen is him saying an invesitgation will be done and how as a society we have to get to a point to where communities and law enforcement officers can close the gap of mistrust before it is too late.

 

 

He had condemned the guy who shot the cops in NYC. That should be noted.

This whole thread is very maddening and sad. Good grief folks get a grip or we are gonna explode. Breathe....

 

Too late.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.