December 21, 201411 yr The country is extremely divided right now. I've been appalled by comments made by protestors and people protesting the protestors. These comments may be the worst of what I've read over the last several months. One little spark and it could get very ugly. Our leaders (the president, mayor of NYC) have not helped the situation at all. We saw Obama speak quickly on the Trayvon Martin, Eric Garner and Michael Brown cases. He sent representatives to Michael Brown's funeral. Will he comment about these murders? Has he commented on any of the murders of police officers this year? Will he send representatives of the White House to these Officer's funerals? I doubt it. The Mayor of NYC is a joke. NYPD officers turned their back on him tonight as he walked in for the press conference. I wonder if the fallen officers signed the petition telling him not to attend their funerals? If so, I wonder if he will honor it?
December 21, 201411 yr I'm no fan of Sharpton but he did speak out against the shooting: Sharpton, NYC officials outraged by NYPD shootings Too little, too late from him.
December 21, 201411 yr The country is extremely divided right now. I've been appalled by comments made by protestors and people protesting the protestors. These comments may be the worst of what I've read over the last several months. One little spark and it could get very ugly. And I blame the leaders of thi country that made the tension what it is. When the President of the United states continually comes out immediately after incidents before learning the facts and makes it all about race is sickening. Starting from the Boston cop and the beer summit to Trayvon Martin to Micahel Brown all of which he made them all about race before learning the facts. It's sickening that we have a President that has made the tension only bigger because of HIS actions more so than the actions of the actual parties involved in the incidents.
December 21, 201411 yr I'm no fan of Sharpton but he did speak out against the shooting: Sharpton, NYC officials outraged by NYPD shootings Screw Sharpton. You can't lead chants saying kill cops and then speak against it when it happens. He is a disgusting opportunist.
December 21, 201411 yr I shouldnt be surprised about these tweets. ?Can they breathe?? Execution-style killing of two NYPD officers celebrated; ?Salute the shooter? | Twitchy My God that's disturbing.
December 21, 201411 yr Say what you will the protesters got exactly what they were chanting. Have you not read the tweets from this today that halfback posted? This is tragic and I agree anyone with any brains at all would not want anything like this to happen to anyone. Just so happens there are alot of NO BRAINS out there now. Im tired of this stuff. Protests are fine. But this race baiting from Sharpton and the others as well as the targeting of police who had nothing to do with this has got to stop. You don't think that the crap that these people are spewing that basically police have oppressed everyone has no part in this stuff today? Are you telling me that this guy that shot those two policemen today had not heard this? Did you look at the instagram and facebook posts? Some how some common sense has to prevail or bullets will. There I just said what everyone else is thinking. I understand that. My point was that every person at a protest or wearing a shirt that said "Black Lives Matter" wasn't chanting that and find the murder of the officers in cold blood to be nothing but heinous. That's all I was trying to say, nothing more. I think that if this were as correlated as people want to make it, that it's at least somewhat weird that he didn't target officers who, based on what you could gather about their heritage based on their last names, probably aren't white. It seems that if this were a direct response, it'd have been the whitest officers he could have found. I'm not saying that the events were totally uncorrelated or anything like that, I'm just saying that this guy seemed like someone who had some serious issues and probably didn't have restrict the senseless violence he inflicted onto a single race.
December 21, 201411 yr What are you talking about? I blame Obama for not doing anything about condemning acts of violence like this like he did the Michael Brown incident etc. he has done absolutley nothing when it comes to police being murdered left and right lately. I thinks he iis as shameless as Sharpton and I could care less if anyone disagrees. He is as much of a race baiter as Sharpton in my book. Let me know when he makes a speech about race with this incident. It won't happen. he sure makes it a point when it's white on black though. Always has always will and that my friend is pathetic. Now tell me when a white president in the last 20 or so years has made speeches about black on white crime as you are telling me they have. Let me know or give me the links of those national press conferences. Show me the speeches of white Presidents who have inciting race hatred and dividing the incidents into black and white as Obama has done. So please tell me how Bush, Reagan, Clinton, shoot any president in our lifetime have made race tensions what you claim they have done. Oh, so before Obama there weren't any racial tensions? We were all singing kumbayah before Obama and then he ruined them? I must have missed that.
December 21, 201411 yr Oh, so before Obama there weren't any racial tensions? We were all singing kumbayah before Obama and then he ruined them? I must have missed that. Did I say there wasn't racial tension before Obama? No what I said was Obama has done nothing but make racial tension worse and a member made the inference that white presidents made racial tensions even worse which I am waiting for proof of that from white presidents in our lifetime. Actually I think white presidents such as Kennedy etc has done more to ease racial tensions than Obama has done.
December 21, 201411 yr Did I say there wasn't racial tension before Obama? No what I said was Obama has done nothing but make racial tension worse and a member made the inference that white presidents made racial tensions even worse which I am waiting for proof of that from white presidents in our lifetime. Actually I think white presidents such as Kennedy etc has done more to ease racial tensions than Obama has done. It's not Obama's job to make racial tensions better. Just like it wasn't Reagan's, both Bush's, Clinton's, Carter's. I guess this is what my father always meant when he told me that I'll have to work twice as hard as a white man to make it in this world. You want Obama to do more than what is required of him and if he expresses an opinion or feeling different than yours then he is in your opinion "making racial tensions worse". Just tells me that my dad was right once again.
December 21, 201411 yr It's not Obama's job to make racial tensions better. Just like it wasn't Reagan's, both Bush's, Clinton's, Carter's. I guess this is what my father always meant when he told me that I'll have to work twice as hard as a white man to make it in this world. You want Obama to do more than what is required of him and if he expresses an opinion or feeling different than yours then he is in your opinion "making racial tensions worse". Just tells me that my dad was right once again. You totally misunderstood everything I said. Show me where I ever said it was Obama's job to make things better. What I said is he in his actions have made things worse. He would have been better off by not making his speeches after Ferguson and making it a racial issue when it had nothing to do with race at all etc. don't you get it? Yea PP92, us "white men" have it so easy, we attend our white men meetings and get all our free gifts each month simp,y because we are white. I never had to lift a finger and have been given everything in my life because I'm white. Seriously, stop with the garbage woe is me act. Maybe the problem is that some people just have no clue about what it is actually like to be a man and earn what you have no matter what co,or your skin is. Obamas job may notone to make race relations better, but it sure in the heck isn't to make them worse which he has gone out of his way to do.
December 21, 201411 yr Oh, so before Obama there weren't any racial tensions? We were all singing kumbayah before Obama and then he ruined them? I must have missed that. No, not at all, but it was nothing like this. This country is headed to hell in a handcart...
December 21, 201411 yr The country is extremely divided right now. I've been appalled by comments made by protestors and people protesting the protestors. These comments may be the worst of what I've read over the last several months. One little spark and it could get very ugly. It's so frustrating to read and hear negative remarks about law enforcement. People are publicly saying, kill cops, their families, etc. Yet 1 cop speaks too openly voicing his frustration and probably out of anger, basically saying, come after him and his family and he'll handle it, and 15k sign up calling for his job. Should he have posted that? No. But if someone comes to do harm to he and his family, he has a right to defend them. His wording lacked tact, that's for sure. What does America want? People openly saying and acting on killing cops,then celebrating their murders, and get mad when the cops aren't taking it with a smile on their face and a gag in their mouths? Believe it or not, cops are people. They love their families and friends and they aren't going to just stand by while their lives and family members lives are threatened and taken.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.