Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Two NYC Police Officers Killed in Ambush

Featured Replies

They made the story about them. Not appropriate. Plenty of time to after the funeral to show displeasure.

 

The story is partly about a mayor who disrespected his police force over and over and now is trying to act like he didn't help incite negativty toward them. Some can bury their heads in the sand but everyone knew it was coming.

  • Replies 458
  • Views 36.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd imagine they wouldn't care what you think. Some of you all are the worst of the worst when it comes to MMQBing other peoples decisions...or should I say police officers decisions.

 

Every one is fair game.

The story is partly about a mayor who disrespected his police force over and over and now is trying to act like he didn't help incite negativty toward them. Some can bury their heads in the sand but everyone knew it was coming.

 

Doesn't matter. They can be 1000% correct in their disgust with the mayor. It is selfish. The families of the deceased want the funeral to be a remembrance and celebration of the life lived.

 

It is NOT the place to make political statements.

I'd imagine they wouldn't care what you think. Some of you all are the worst of the worst when it comes to MMQBing other peoples decisions...or should I say police officers decisions.

 

I just found it ironic that you made a production of saying that they would be too concerned with the funeral to make a political statement...and that is exactly what they did.

Doesn't matter. They can be 1000% correct in their disgust with the mayor. It is selfish. The families of the deceased want the funeral to be a remembrance and celebration of the life lived.

 

It is NOT the place to make political statements.

 

This.

The story is partly about a mayor who disrespected his police force over and over and now is trying to act like he didn't help incite negativty toward them. Some can bury their heads in the sand but everyone knew it was coming.

 

And that the family had to okay speaking at the funeral. If they were okay with him delivering a eulogy why should the officers continue to exhibit their disrespect for him? Couldn't they have given it a break until after the funeral? If we are ever going to try and heal some of these wounds it is going to take an effort from everyone. The officer's family obviously had forgiven the Mayor enough to allow him to speak--the officers should have done the same in that setting.

And that the family had to okay speaking at the funeral. If they were okay with him delivering a eulogy why should the officers continue to exhibit their disrespect for him? Couldn't they have given it a break until after the funeral? If we are ever going to try and heal some of these wounds it is going to take an effort from everyone. The officer's family obviously had forgiven the Mayor enough to allow him to speak--the officers should have done the same in that setting.

 

I honestly don't think you care about the feelings of the fallen Officers family. Maybe I'm wrong...but it feels more like you just wanted to jump at another opportunity to criticize the decision a group of police officers made.

I honestly don't think you care about the feelings of the fallen Officers family. Maybe I'm wrong...but it feels more like you just wanted to jump at another opportunity to criticize the decision a group of police officers made.

 

Don't be THAT guy.

I honestly don't think you care about the feelings of the fallen Officers family. Maybe I'm wrong...but it feels more like you just wanted to jump at another opportunity to criticize the decision a group of police officers made.

 

You are correct. You have absolutely no idea how I feel. I don't care who was doing the protesting. I feel like it is disrespectful to the family of the deceased to use a funeral to make a political statement against someone that the family had asked to speak. I do not care of it were police officers, Al Sharpton, the KKK, the Westboro people or the deceased person's bowling team. If you ate there to pay your respects to the deceased and their family you do not make it about you. That is not the time nor the place. If you can't control yourself better than that you should respect the family and stay home.

Doesn't matter. They can be 1000% correct in their disgust with the mayor. It is selfish. The families of the deceased want the funeral to be a remembrance and celebration of the life lived.

 

It is NOT the place to make political statements.

 

Did they make any noise or disrupt the ceremony ? Did the family come out and say they didn't support what the police did ?

 

Nope...... just a bunch of the same people criticizing the officers finding another reason to criticize.

 

Like I said I'm not sure it was the right police. But I or anyone else in this thread don't know the level of disrespect they feel .

 

Also average joe keeps saying the family had to give approval for the mayor to be there. If we are making that assumption couldn't we assume the police gave family heads up on the protest ?

Did they make any noise or disrupt the ceremony ? Did the family come out and say they didn't support what the police did ? Nope...... just a bunch of the same people criticizing the officers finding another reason to criticize. Like I said I'm not sure it was the right police. But I or anyone else in this thread don't know the level of disrespect they feel . Also average joe keeps saying the family had to give approval for the mayor to be there. If we are making that assumption couldn't we assume the police gave family heads up on the protest ?

 

Noise? That is irrelevant. What if they flew the bird instead?

 

The way they protested is irrelevant.

Doesn't matter. They can be 1000% correct in their disgust with the mayor. It is selfish. The families of the deceased want the funeral to be a remembrance and celebration of the life lived.

 

It is NOT the place to make political statements.

 

They are 100% correct in their disgust of this despicable human being of mayor. I am not sure I agree with them doing it at the funeral. However, I will not blame them because of how this mayor has totally thrown them under the bus. If I was in their shoes, I may be doing the same thing.

Noise? That is irrelevant. What if they flew the bird instead?

 

The way they protested is irrelevant.

 

Could not disagree more. If they are chanting things to try to drown him out, that is one thing. Standing in a way to make their point known is quite another.

This feels like "freedom to do or say what you want when you want is fine as long as I agree with it."

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.