Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Two NYC Police Officers Killed in Ambush

Featured Replies

I heard Biden gave a fantastic speech. Did anyone watch?

  • Replies 458
  • Views 36.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I happened to watch a good part of the service on CNN today and when I was watching little was mentioned about the officers turning their backs.

 

I actually see both sides of this... but unless the family is upset then it doesn't bother me. If the family is upset then I would have an issue with these actions.

If I was a member of the family I guess I would have to ask myself what the man laying in the casket would think.

Tom Coughlin is wearing a NYPD hat today.

Several Giants players wore NYPD hats and "Peace" shirts before the game. The Giants also had a NYPD Officer with them at the coin toss.

They made the story about them. Not appropriate. Plenty of time to after the funeral to show displeasure.

 

That's in your mind. In theirs they were showing support for their fallen brothers.

That's in your mind. In theirs they were showing support for their fallen brothers.

 

I know what they were thinking. Someone should thought it through. Emotional decisions are often bad decisions.

I know what they were thinking. Someone should thought it through. Emotional decisions are often bad decisions.

 

How in the world do you know what they were thinking? That's a ridiculous statement.

 

You think it's a bad decision, that's your opinion. You are certainly entitled to it. It doesn't make it correct, however.

How in the world do you know what they were thinking? That's a ridiculous statement. You think it's a bad decision' date=' that's your opinion. You are certainly entitled to it. It doesn't make it correct, however.[/quote']

 

Of course that's what they were thinking.

Not the place for a protest of any kind. There are plenty of opportunities to voice your displeasure besides at the funeral of a fallen officer.

Of course that's what they were thinking.

 

Glad you are a mind reader. Can I have the lottery numbers please?

Glad you are a mind reader. Can I have the lottery numbers please?

 

Just a post our so above his didn't typy tell him what they were thinking?

Just a post our so above his didn't typy tell him what they were thinking?

 

I was giving my opinion.

Peaceful protest. Isn't that how it is supposed to be done?

Maybe not the best place, but I'm not going to beat them up for making a statement peacefully with minimal disturbance in the event. Other protestors should be so considerate.

I know what they were thinking. Someone should thought it through. Emotional decisions are often bad decisions.

I agree with you. Regardless of what the officers feel or think, it's a FUNERAL! They are not showing support for the fallen officer, they are making a scene so the funeral is about them and not the officer in the casket. The family had to either ask or give the okay for the mayor to speak, by their actions they just slapped the grieving family in the face. If I am a family member at a funeral, anyone in attendance will be respected, if you can't do that, then don't show up yourself. And if I or my family ask someone to speak, or approve someone to speak, it's the same deal, treat them with respect at the funeral, there is plenty of time afterwards if there are any differences to show displeasure. To me, this is no different that someone coming to a funeral and causing a disturbance, you see those at times, where arguments and fights break out, a total lack of respect for the person in the casket, and the grieving family.

 

I don't see why more people don't see your way of thinking Clyde, there is plenty of time after the funeral to displeasure.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.