Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Two NYC Police Officers Killed in Ambush

Featured Replies

Could not disagree more. If they are chanting things to try to drown him out' date=' that is one thing. Standing in a way to make their point known is quite another.[/quote']

 

Not in the big picture. They made it about them.

  • Replies 458
  • Views 36.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only you know how you feel... (in response to Clydes "this feels like")...

Doesn't matter. They can be 1000% correct in their disgust with the mayor. It is selfish. The families of the deceased want the funeral to be a remembrance and celebration of the life lived.

 

It is NOT the place to make political statements.

 

I see your point Clyde but how do you know that's what the family wanted? Have they came out and said so? They may have allowed the Mayor to speak just to give the officers that opportunity. If those officers signed the petition then it would've been wrong not to turn their backs IMO.

Noise? That is irrelevant. What if they flew the bird instead?

 

The way they protested is irrelevant.

 

Of course it's relevant

This feels like "freedom to do or say what you want when you want is fine as long as I agree with it."

 

Then I would say you need to re read the posts. The only problem I have had with current protests is how they go out of their way to disrupt everyone else's lives.

 

I'm 100% supportive of protesting as long as you don't infringe on others.

The story is partly about a mayor who disrespected his police force over and over and now is trying to act like he didn't help incite negativty toward them. Some can bury their heads in the sand but everyone knew it was coming.

 

Am I confusing this with another incident or wasn't this shooter determined to be mentally unstable?

Not in the big picture. They made it about them.

 

I disagree. They kept the focus on the mayor and how his words have led to a lot of the unrest in the city. Since day one when this mayor started his election process he has ran against and away from the NYPD . In their minds he indirectly can be blamed for the death of a fallen officer.

Did they make any noise or disrupt the ceremony ? Did the family come out and say they didn't support what the police did ?

 

Nope...... just a bunch of the same people criticizing the officers finding another reason to criticize.

 

Like I said I'm not sure it was the right police. But I or anyone else in this thread don't know the level of disrespect they feel .

 

Also average joe keeps saying the family had to give approval for the mayor to be there. If we are making that assumption couldn't we assume the police gave family heads up on the protest ?

 

 

 

It would seem fairly disingenuous of the family to allow the Mayor to speak while giving the officers the okay to protest wouldn't it? If they felt strongly enough against the Mayor to okay a disrespectful display against him then why allow him to speak? Doesn't make sense at all. It makes a lot more sense that the officers took it upon themselves to stage a silent protest.

The mayor has bad mouthed the NYPD for over a year and now because his words are hurting him in the polls he doesn't expect backlash. In the words of Bunk ......Sheeeeeeeit

It would seem fairly disingenuous of the family to allow the Mayor to speak while giving the officers the okay to protest wouldn't it? If they felt strongly enough against the Mayor to okay a disrespectful display against him then why allow him to speak? Doesn't make sense at all. It makes a lot more sense that the officers took it upon themselves to stage a silent protest.

 

Do you know this for a fact ?

It would seem fairly disingenuous of the family to allow the Mayor to speak while giving the officers the okay to protest wouldn't it? If they felt strongly enough against the Mayor to okay a disrespectful display against him then why allow him to speak? Doesn't make sense at all. It makes a lot more sense that the officers took it upon themselves to stage a silent protest.

 

I agree with the bolded...the key part being the last two words. They did not throw eggs or tomatoes at him, they did not yell or try to drown him out when he talked, they did not hold up signs calling him what he is (to the best of my knowledge). They simply turned around...a very simple yet powerful way of showing how they feel about DeBlasio.

Do you know this for a fact ?

 

It seems a lot more likely than the family inviting him to speak and then okaying a protest against him speaking doesn't it? Even Patrick Lynch, the head of the city's police union, doesn't seem like he had prior knowledge of the protest given these remarks afterwards:After Saturday's funeral, Lynch declined to comment directly about the officers' about-face. "The feeling is real, but today is about mourning; tomorrow is about debate," he said.

 

When asked what he would tell those protesting officers, Lynch stated: "We have to understand the betrayal that they feel, but today we also come to bow our head in mourning, and tomorrow we'll debate."

  • Author

I happened to watch a good part of the service on CNN today and when I was watching little was mentioned about the officers turning their backs.

 

I actually see both sides of this... but unless the family is upset then it doesn't bother me. If the family is upset then I would have an issue with these actions.

Instead of turning their backs they should have just went a looted and burned a bunch of stores in protest since it's ok to do that.

I happened to watch a good part of the service on CNN today and when I was watching little was mentioned about the officers turning their backs.

 

I actually see both sides of this... but unless the family is upset then it doesn't bother me. If the family is upset then I would have an issue with these actions.

 

I will second this.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.