Conner 79 St Henry 74

St.Henry let this one get away from them at the end. Led 69-62 with little over 2 min to go and took bad shots and turned it over. Credit Conner for not giving up and making it happen. Hemmerich played well for Conner. Had 18 I believe. Nice looking sophomore.

The Cru has to be committed to getting the ball to Kunstek. Way too many trips where they didn't score where he didn't touch the ball. Posts up hard. Comes from block to block hard. Not enough touches. He'll get other people shots if it comes through him. Too many wasted possessions.

His footwork is so much better than it's been. Strong player.

St.Henry let this one get away from them at the end. Led 69-62 with little over 2 min to go and took bad shots and turned it over. Credit Conner for not giving up and making it happen. Hemmerich played well for Conner. Had 18 I believe. Nice looking sophomore.

Spencer is Sam Hemmerich with maybe a little more bounce. There are a lot of kids that can "make 3s." There aren't a lot that can "get 3s." Spencer can.

I was impressed with entire SOPH class for Conner. Their JV boys play hard, are long, and they can score.

I really enjoyed watching Conner get after it. They have more depth than I thought.

Scott got off to hot start and then cooled. Conner got up by at least 10 in the 2nd qtr only to see the Cru come back and take the lead before half. Hemmerich and Garnett took over a lot o the scoring.

I like the new kid in the middle. Nice build for a JR big man. Really good minutes for Rabe off the bench. Blocked a shot, got boards, hustled, nice moves with the ball. All he missed tonight was finishing the moves.

Spencer is Sam Hemmerich with maybe a little more bounce. There are a lot of kids that can "make 3s." There aren't a lot that can "get 3s." Spencer can.

I was impressed with entire SOPH class for Conner. Their JV boys play hard, are long, and they can score.

Agree. Lots of athleticism in that group.

Does anybody have a box on the varsity and a JV score?

Conner won easily something like 66-36.

Lot of nice players on the jv team for Conner. Gambrel looked good. #40 shot the ball well. Had some decent size inside (couple kids throwing them down in warmups).

Conner won easily something like 66-36. Lot of nice players on the jv team for Conner. Gambrel looked good. #40 shot the ball well. Had some decent size inside (couple kids throwing them down in warmups).

Clyde and Just Jim thanks I recall that they are all long and a good group.

Clyde and Just Jim thanks I recall that they are all long and a good group.

44 is really long and athletic. Nice touch. Keeps the ball high instead of bringing it down. BLOCKS shots. #30 is similar. 3rd kid whose number escapes me (35? ) has a nice stroke. Frosh Craddock just needs size. Gambrell is a long PG.

Then you've got Hemmerich.

Nice group.

Sidenote: Let me give a shoutout to Dave for hiring Jordan Griffin to run the JV team. Every kid in that program should know his story. I had him in 8th grade and he was a good player. Not nearly our best player but ALWAYS played hard and was extremely coachable. Skinny. Semi-athletic.

Went to St Henry and did OK. I know he got some minutes at varsity in his career but certainly isn't going to be in the Cru HOF. Kept working on his game. Went to Coastal Carolina where he walked on. Kept growing and getting physically stronger and worked his way into the CC rotation. Hit a game-winner against LSU his senior year and was a key contributor to a good team.

Good cat. One of my favorite players that I had the chance to help. He gets that JV ball is about getting ready for varsity.