Gallatin County 73 Williamstown 72

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final from Williamstown. Gallatin led by 19 at the half, but held on behind 39 points from Autumn Bowen.

Wow! Bowen filling it up! Was anyone guarding her....or better yet, COULD anyone guard her?

What's the story as to how Wtown was able to get back in the game in the second half?

I was told that Hannah Dossett was in foul trouble and limited to 12 points. She did hit 2 FT near the end to push the lead to 73-69.

That would certainly make a difference with Hannah off the court. Great job by Bowen! Her back will probably be sore tomorrow....sounds like she carried the team. :lol2:

Bowen stepped up big tonight, her career high helped Gallatin hold off a furious Williamstown rally. Kudos to Williamstown for not laying down when down early, and kudos to Williamstown's Michaela Kennedy for shooting lights out. It was not a well played game, but it was entertaining.

Doesn't sound like any team really played well defensively. It has an all star game type feel.

Talking to a Gallatin parent about the game this morning. As FBD stated, Dossett was on the bench a bunch with foul trouble. Especially in the second half as she picked up her 4th early in the third.

Williamstown was without Montgomery, so definitely kudos to them for finding a way back in the game.

Also, another interesting thing happened at the half. A Gallatin player was fouled at the end of play before halftime and got to shoot free throws with time expired at the half. The Williamstown band started playing as they normally would, thinking it was halftime, however, the Gallatin player was shooting free throws. She missed all three, but got to shoot two of them again due to the band playing while she was shooting. She made one of those two. Seems like the ref's would have caught that, and had the band stop before they let the Gallatin player shoot. I wouldn't fault the band...they are there to play music. From what I was told, it was the Gallatin coaching staff that pressed the issue and got the refs to discuss it and ultimately get two of the free throws attempted again. Great heads up by Gallatin coaches. The one free throw ended up making a difference.

Talking to a Gallatin parent about the game this morning. As FBD stated, Dossett was on the bench a bunch with foul trouble. Especially in the second half as she picked up her 4th early in the third.

Williamstown was without Montgomery, so definitely kudos to them for finding a way back in the game.

Also, another interesting thing happened at the half. A Gallatin player was fouled at the end of play before halftime and got to shoot free throws with time expired at the half. The Williamstown band started playing as they normally would, thinking it was halftime, however, the Gallatin player was shooting free throws. She missed all three, but got to shoot two of them again due to the band playing while she was shooting. She made one of those two. Seems like the ref's would have caught that, and had the band stop before they let the Gallatin player shoot. I wouldn't fault the band...they are there to play music. From what I was told, it was the Gallatin coaching staff that pressed the issue and got the refs to discuss it and ultimately get two of the free throws attempted again. Great heads up by Gallatin coaches. The one free throw ended up making a difference.

Wow! Great coaching move. I believe the rule is that the band is not allowed to play while live play is happening. My guess is the refs shouldn't have administered the original free throws until the band had stopped. If I were Wtown, I would consider some type of protest for she was given 2 extra free throws for no violation of the Wtown bench or court personnel. Maybe Clyde can help us out.

Everything happened exactly as you explained it. The officials were definitely not in mid season form.

Wow! Great coaching move. I believe the rule is that the band is not allowed to play while live play is happening. My guess is the refs shouldn't have administered the original free throws until the band had stopped. If I were Wtown' date=' I would consider some type of protest for she was given 2 extra free throws for no violation of the Wtown bench or court personnel. Maybe Clyde can help us out.[/quote']

Wasn't handled well. I would have to find something in the casebook to support their handling of this.