Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity versus Dixie Heights: Who wins and Why?

Trinity vs Dixie Heights: Who wins and why? 119 members have voted

  1. 1. Trinity vs Dixie Heights: Who wins and why?

    • Trinity Shamrocks
      65%
    • Dixie Heights Colonels
      34%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Here are Dixie's results this season: 13-1 record

Aug 30, 14.....CovCath.............(L)...07-41

Sep 05, 14.....Beechwood.........(W)..48-21

Sep 12, 14.....Turpin (Cin),OH...(W)..27-19

Sep 20, 14.....NewCath............(W)...34-13

Sep 26, 14.....Boone County......(W)..38-07

Oct 03, 14......Tates Creek........(W)...43-06

Oct 10, 14......Campbell County.(W)...43-00

Oct 17, 14......Simon Kenton.....(W)...36-10

Oct 24, 14......Ryle...................(W)...35-24

Oct 30, 14......Cooper................(W)...38-08

Nov 07, 14.....Tates Creek.........(W)...46-18

Nov 14, 14.....Ryle...................(W)...46-21

Nov 21, 14.....Simon Kenton......(W)...24-00

Nov 28, 14.....Ballard................(W)...48-21

 

 

In my opinion, I do not feel the Colonels' schedule has prepared them for Trinity. I feel the Shamrocks will take this one 28-7 in Bowling Green. The Rocks defense is playing very well and the offense has come around during the playoffs under the guidance of Class of '15 QB Ryan Young.

 

Buy photos of your son from the game: Photos of your son or daughter, we will be at all 6 state final games taking pictures

  • Replies 263
  • Views 37.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dixie is a team of destiny this year!

This will be the best O-LINE that T has faced from up here in the playoffs since Boone's in the late 80s. Moore is as fast as anyone that T has faced this year. The question becomes, did the calculated risk to not work on the passing game during the year hinder Dixie for this exact moment? Trinity's front 7 are awesome. Extremely strong. I think that with the threat of the pass, Moore would give them headaches bc they aren't great in the secondary, but you can't beat T with only one offensive dimension. Another concern for me is Dixie's depth. Their defensive stars play both ways. It will be interesting. Dixie has home run hitters.

Hoping I'm wrong, but have said all season that no one beats T, X or Scott in the title game. DH just doesn't have the passing game to score enough points to beat Trinity. Defense is stout but will have to cover athletes like they haven't seen all season.

Sticking with the Rocks. They are firing on all cylinders.

I think last year our schedule pretty much beat us down being such a young ballclub but this year with everyone back & a vereran team that could handle it, I think the schedule has made us stronger & completely battle tested. The offense is now clicking on all cylinders & w/ our secondary completely healthy, it's gonna be awful tough to score on us. Can't wait, Go Rocks!!

It looks like Dixie can score but have they played a defense like the Rocks? Not from what I am reading above. And don't underestimate the Rocks secondary as they are healthy and getting better each week. The offense is clicking and what amazed me last night was how much time Ryan Young had to throw. It looked like at times he had too much time -- no one even threatened to get near him. Meade could stop the run early but could not get past the o-line to put any pressure on the QB. I believe the Rocks o-line is a difference maker and is protecting the QB and opening holes for the backs as good as anyone. Can Dixie defend the run and put pressure on the QB. Don't think anyone can slow down the Rocks at this point. Trinity wins 31-7.

Here are Dixie's results this season: 13-1 record

Aug 30, 14.....CovCath.............(L)...07-41

Sep 05, 14.....Beechwood.........(W)..48-21

Sep 12, 14.....Turpin (Cin),OH...(W)..27-19

Sep 20, 14.....NewCath............(W)...34-13

Sep 26, 14.....Boone County......(W)..38-07

Oct 03, 14......Tates Creek........(W)...43-06

Oct 10, 14......Campbell County.(W)...43-00

Oct 17, 14......Simon Kenton.....(W)...36-10

Oct 24, 14......Ryle...................(W)...35-24

Oct 30, 14......Cooper................(W)...38-08

Nov 07, 14.....Tates Creek.........(W)...46-18

Nov 14, 14.....Ryle...................(W)...46-21

Nov 21, 14.....Simon Kenton......(W)...24-00

Nov 28, 14.....Ballard................(W)...48-21

 

 

In my opinion, I do not feel the Colonels' schedule has prepared them for Trinity. I feel the Shamrocks will take this one 28-7 in Bowling Green. The Rocks defense is playing very well and the offense has come around during the playoffs under the guidance of Class of '15 QB Ryan Young.

 

This is probably true. Dixie doesn't have the financial luxury to travel around multistates for games. These kids are well coached and have tons of heart and talent. It may take a near perfect injury free game to have a chance to keep up with the Rocks, but it has been done. I'll be there, Almighty willing, to cheer my guys on and no matter what happens I'll give them a standing ovation. The Dixie Heights Colonels earned this trip. Don't take them lightly.

Go Dixie!!!!!!!

This is probably true. Dixie doesn't have the financial luxury to travel around multistates for games. These kids are well coached and have tons of heart and talent. It may take a near perfect injury free game to keep up with the Rocks, but it has been done. I'll be there, Almighty willing, to cheer my guys on and no matter what happens I'll give them a standing ovation. The Dixie Heights Colonels earned this trip. Don't take them lightly.

 

Now it's a luxury???

 

Trinity hasn't adopted their scheduling because they want to, they've adopted it because they've had to. Part of the reason they've done it is because the Northern KY 6A teams that aspire to greatness won't even consider playing them. A quick perusal of Dixie's schedule shows me that they only played 1 6A non-district opponent. Has every coach up there adopted the SEC scheduling philosophy?

Very tough to beat a team with the talent of T being one dimensional. Yes, Dixie's defense is very good, but you can't be on the field most of the game and be able to win. Dixie is going to have to dig deep in the play book, and throw everything they can at Trinity's D to sustain drives. Going to be tough sledding to run conventionally at them.

I will be rooting for Dixie big time but I think T takes this one.

 

Go Colonels!!!!

I really don't know what to make of this game. Yes, Dixie's schedule is not as tough as Trinity's, but Dixie has handled every tough team they have faced with such ease you have to ask how good are they? They will find out in this one. Moore has shown he is capable in the passing game - he is just inconsistent. If he is on, then Dixie can make plays in the passing game. But if I am Dixie, I go to the passing game as little as possible. They have run the ball on everyone. That is who they are. Go with your best. Run it, run it and run it some more. Down 21-0? Run it. Use the pass game if you must to help the run and then run it some more. This is another one of those games that no one can truly know what will happen until we see these teams match up on the field.

Now it's a luxury???

 

Trinity hasn't adopted their scheduling because they want to, they've adopted it because they've had to. Part of the reason they've done it is because the Northern KY 6A teams that aspire to greatness won't even consider playing them. A quick perusal of Dixie's schedule shows me that they only played 1 6A non-district opponent. Has every coach up there adopted the SEC scheduling philosophy?

 

Yes, I think so. But I will agree with you about not scheduling the non-district big dogs. I know I'm off topic here, but you really hate the SEC don't you?

Hoping I'm wrong, but have said all season that no one beats T, X or Scott in the title game. DH just doesn't have the passing game to score enough points to beat Trinity. Defense is stout but will have to cover athletes like they haven't seen all season.

 

With Dixie's offense, I don't think this matters too much. They run the midline option and can throw off the run enough to keep people honest. I think the key for Dixie will be to stay the course when T gets multiple stops in a row. I think this will be an extremely low scoring game. Like 14-7 or 7-0 one way or the other.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.