Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity versus Dixie Heights: Who wins and Why?

Trinity vs Dixie Heights: Who wins and why? 119 members have voted

  1. 1. Trinity vs Dixie Heights: Who wins and why?

    • Trinity Shamrocks
      65%
    • Dixie Heights Colonels
      34%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Dixie is not a team who is carried by a single great player like a Travis Elliott, Miles Simpson, or even Shaun Alexander. The lack of depth of those teams was quickly exposed by super district teams. This Dixie team is much different, and better, than those teams. Their OL/DL may be good on a historic level.

 

I don't think a team from NKY 6A has got to the title game with an O/D line this good. Add in Moore and anything can happen.

  • Replies 263
  • Views 37.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a much better game than some think. I think everyone realizes that Trinity is very good; not sure if many outside of NKY realize that Dixie is really good. IMO, Dixie has the best team out of NKY 6A in quite some time.

 

For Dixie to win, they definitely need to pass the ball. Moore and Zajac are really good, but can't see them running all game.

Being Dixie this week is like being a Lieutenant in the Navy. If they lose, we will say, well he tried hard but he's just a Lieutenant. If they win, we will say, wow did you see what the Lieutenant did? Relax. Enjoy yourselves. You've earned the trip. You're not expected to win, so play loose. Make memories. All the pressure is on Trinity, not you. Put in some trick plays. Scream like Confederate battle troops. See what you can do.

 

I'm going to take Dixie in the upset, 27-24.

 

I'm with Hearsay on this one. Dixie Heights is dangerous because of the history, tradition, expectations, and arrogance in the T camp. The pressure is all on the rocks. The Colonels will metaphorically punch T in the mouth all game and leave it all on the field. The Colonels have all to gain in this one!

 

22 very good athletes will battle one play at a time, and I'll be believing in the Dixie Heights Colonels success. :thumb:

I'm with Hearsay on this one. Dixie Heights is dangerous because of the history, tradition, expectations, and arrogance in the T camp. The pressure is all on the rocks. The Colonels will metaphorically punch T in the mouth all game and leave it all on the field. The Colonels have all to gain in this one!

 

22 very good athletes will battle one play at a time, and I'll be believing in the Dixie Heights Colonels success. :thumb:

 

Believe me, there is ZERO arrogance with the players & coaches on T as far as overlooking opponents. They prepared all week for Meade County like they were the Seattle Seahawks. And they will not be taking DH lightly either. This is not the type of T team that can just walk out there & win a ballgame against a good opponent without playing their "A" game. They prepare & work their tails off for every single opponent, can't afford to do otherwise. So for anyone that thinks T is going to overlook DH, think again.

I'll take the Colonels in an upset. Everyone is saying Dixie can't win without throwing the ball but that's been said about them all year and yet they've continued to win. The running attack of Dixie is very, very good and probably something Trinity hasn't seen this year.

 

The Dixie defense is tough, hard-hitting, and smart. I expect the coaches to put together a solid game plan to keep T in check.

 

Trinity may be Trinity but the Colonels are the Colonels and they're coming.

Sounds to me like Trinity respondents are underestimating Dixie's offensive and defensive lines. I hope their football team does the same.

I'll take the Colonels in an upset. Everyone is saying Dixie can't win without throwing the ball but that's been said about them all year and yet they've continued to win. The running attack of Dixie is very, very good and probably something Trinity hasn't seen this year.

 

The Dixie defense is tough, hard-hitting, and smart. I expect the coaches to put together a solid game plan to keep T in check.

 

Trinity may be Trinity but the Colonels are the Colonels and they're coming.

 

They have played almost no one all season, they will finally face a real defense next Saturday. If they can't pass effectively they will lose.

I'll take the Colonels in an upset. Everyone is saying Dixie can't win without throwing the ball but that's been said about them all year and yet they've continued to win. The running attack of Dixie is very, very good and probably something Trinity hasn't seen this year.

 

The Dixie defense is tough, hard-hitting, and smart. I expect the coaches to put together a solid game plan to keep T in check.

 

Trinity may be Trinity but the Colonels are the Colonels and they're coming.

 

Where have I seen this comment before? :ohbrother:

Where have I seen this comment before? :ohbrother:

 

With all due respect, this isn't SK you are playing. I've been following HS football for 20 years in NKy is this is the best OL/DL I have seen. Many are elite wrestlers.

 

If Trinity does handle this Dixie team like most T supporters expect, then we need to build a bunch more High Schools up here so we can get to 5A!

I will be traveling down with some starved former Dixie players who are on cloud 9. I'm pretty familiar with them and have heard their spin on why they will win the game. All I know about Trinity is that they are Trinity. What should I look for as the strengths of the team. I realize every position is probably a strength but where do they really shine? Unlike some teams who have had the opportunity to play Trinity deep in the playoffs in the past and say we made it this far, and that's good enough, Dixie will not do that. There entire group of contributors are virtually Seniors, and they want this bad.

 

I'm going down with a car load of 04' players too.

I am sure Dixie is a fine team, but they (and anyone else on that side of the bracket) have been the beneficiaries of a fortuitous playoff setup. It would be nice if Dixie can prove me wrong, but I have a hunch the top 4 teams in 6A at the end of the day were in the same district. Maybe Dixie can prove me wrong. I highly doubt it though.

 

This is because anything good in football must come from louisville right? I remember you guys not giving us a chance the last two times we played. The first was in doubt for a long time. The second, well I'm sure you remember. We walked into your house and snapped your unbeaten at home streak. We won. People doubted then, they doubt now. The Colonels don't. We believe.

...then we need to build a bunch more High Schools up here so we can get to 5A!

 

Dixie will be in 5A next season... along with both Highlands and CovCath.

I think Dixie is going to see what the roadblock to 6A title is this week, like so many others have... Trinity wins

 

Just like we did in '04? .... Please

 

This is because anything good in football must come from louisville right? I remember you guys not giving us a chance the last two times we played. The first was in doubt for a long time. The second, well I'm sure you remember. We walked into your house and snapped your unbeaten at home streak. We won. People doubted then, they doubt now. The Colonels don't. We believe.

 

You can live a decade ago all you want, has no bearing on this. The best team Dixie played all season was CovCath and they lost that one. Trinity isn't Ballard or SK, the Rocks will stuff the run. If Dixie can't pass they will walk away with a runner up trophy.

 

Just like we did in '04? .... Please

 

And you all proceeded to choke immediately after that. If you had done anything after beating the most disappointing and maligned team of the Beatty era you'd have some room to gloat.

 

As it is you beat a team that almost all the Trinity supporters will tell you was one of the least cohesive the school had in a long time. Go ahead and hang your hat on that one, maybe that will make the drive back from BG more soothing after the loss.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.