Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity versus Dixie Heights: Who wins and Why?

Trinity vs Dixie Heights: Who wins and why? 119 members have voted

  1. 1. Trinity vs Dixie Heights: Who wins and why?

    • Trinity Shamrocks
      65%
    • Dixie Heights Colonels
      34%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Yes, I think so. But I will agree with you about not scheduling the non-district big dogs. I know I'm off topic here, but you really hate the SEC don't you?

 

Not a big fan no

  • Replies 263
  • Views 37.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Dixie only had one game where they did a great job of passing the pig and that was against Ryle in the 35-24 win. Moore was 16-18 and the receivers made some amazing grabs. They will definitely have to connect on a decent amount of passes to pull the upset as run-run-run does not get it done vs T. Dixie is in a great situation with a very fine senior-led team that believes, an outstanding QB and RB, some good receivers and strong lines on both sides of the ball. They have not played anyone close to T's caliber, so hopefully Rock-Shock will not be a factor early. I hope Dixie can force a few TO's and make it a nail-biter as I feel they must win the TO battle to succeed. I really believe Dixie is the second best team in KY here at championship week. Play to win and enjoy every minute of the experience. Go Red Colonels and we will be pulling for you up north. It's fun watching you play the game.

T wins. Super district teams are on another level this season in 6A.

Now it's a luxury???

 

Trinity hasn't adopted their scheduling because they want to, they've adopted it because they've had to. Part of the reason they've done it is because the Northern KY 6A teams that aspire to greatness won't even consider playing them. A quick perusal of Dixie's schedule shows me that they only played 1 6A non-district opponent. Has every coach up there adopted the SEC scheduling philosophy?

 

I guess that's what happens when your local schools will still play you. Good luck to the Trinity athletes.

Being Dixie this week is like being a Lieutenant in the Navy. If they lose, we will say, well he tried hard but he's just a Lieutenant. If they win, we will say, wow did you see what the Lieutenant did? Relax. Enjoy yourselves. You've earned the trip. You're not expected to win, so play loose. Make memories. All the pressure is on Trinity, not you. Put in some trick plays. Scream like Confederate battle troops. See what you can do.

 

I'm going to take Dixie in the upset, 27-24.

 

Now it's a luxury???

 

Trinity hasn't adopted their scheduling because they want to, they've adopted it because they've had to. Part of the reason they've done it is because the Northern KY 6A teams that aspire to greatness won't even consider playing them. A quick perusal of Dixie's schedule shows me that they only played 1 6A non-district opponent. Has every coach up there adopted the SEC scheduling philosophy?

 

Just without the quality of SEC football.

I really don't know what to make of this game. Yes' date=' Dixie's schedule is not as tough as Trinity's, but Dixie has handled every tough team they have faced with such ease you have to ask how good are they? They will find out in this one. Moore has shown he is capable in the passing game - he is just inconsistent. If he is on, then Dixie can make plays in the passing game. But if I am Dixie, I go to the passing game as little as possible. They have run the ball on everyone. That is who they are. Go with your best. Run it, run it and run it some more. Down 21-0? Run it. Use the pass game if you must to help the run and then run it some more. This is another one of those games that no one can truly know what will happen until we see these teams match up on the field.[/quote']

 

If thet try to focus on running then I don't forsee it going well for Dixie.

No predictions. just observations and curiosity.

 

Conventional wisdom says you cannot win in 6A with two way players and unbalanced offense. Dixie is on the the threshold of defying both of those conventions.

 

Meade County trampled over their competition, then the Rocks made them look like a jv squad. Will the Rocks deliver another humiliating public program beat down, or will Dixie hold their own or even win?

 

How will the Rocks handle Dixie's stunts and twists? So far, no one has found an effective adjustment. Will T go with a two back set? Will they go with a game plan of short passes? Will they be complacent and assume the game is theirs before they even take the field?

I may be wrong but I feel that Trinity is going to destroy Dixie Heights. I'd say by at least four touchdowns. Good luck to both teams!

I will be traveling down with some starved former Dixie players who are on cloud 9. I'm pretty familiar with them and have heard their spin on why they will win the game. All I know about Trinity is that they are Trinity. What should I look for as the strengths of the team. I realize every position is probably a strength but where do they really shine? Unlike some teams who have had the opportunity to play Trinity deep in the playoffs in the past and say we made it this far, and that's good enough, Dixie will not do that. There entire group of contributors are virtually Seniors, and they want this bad.

I will be rooting for Dixie but I think it's going to be ugly. I will go T 42 -14

No predictions. just observations and curiosity.

 

Conventional wisdom says you cannot win in 6A with two way players and unbalanced offense. Dixie is on the the threshold of defying both of those conventions.

 

Meade County trampled over their competition, then the Rocks made them look like a jv squad. Will the Rocks deliver another humiliating public program beat down, or will Dixie hold their own or even win?

 

How will the Rocks handle Dixie's stunts and twists? So far, no one has found an effective adjustment. Will T go with a two back set? Will they go with a game plan of short passes? Will they be complacent and assume the game is theirs before they even take the field?

 

I am sure Dixie is a fine team, but they (and anyone else on that side of the bracket) have been the beneficiaries of a fortuitous playoff setup. It would be nice if Dixie can prove me wrong, but I have a hunch the top 4 teams in 6A at the end of the day were in the same district. Maybe Dixie can prove me wrong. I highly doubt it though.

I would love to see Dixie shock the world. I'm just kinda in agreement with many others. I think the schedule and being one-dimensional catch up to them this week. Like I have said and someone on here...I wish they would have forced themselves to work on the passing game more to prepare themselves for this very game.

 

But what a ride either way!! I agree with one of the other posters...you have NOTHING to lose. Play like that. This is an experience you will remember the rest of your lives. Don't come home and look in the mirror and say shoulda, coulda and woulda. You know who Trinity is. You know what you're up against, get that out of your head and just play football. If the majority of your guys can find a way to beat the guy over you the majority of the time, you can win. Do your job, trust your teammates and forget about "who" is on the other side of the ball. He's just a football player...just like you.

 

Go Colonels!!!!

I am sure Dixie is a fine team, but they (and anyone else on that side of the bracket) have been the beneficiaries of a fortuitous playoff setup. It would be nice if Dixie can prove me wrong, but I have a hunch the top 4 teams in 6A at the end of the day were in the same district. Maybe Dixie can prove me wrong. I highly doubt it though.

 

Dixie is not a team who is carried by a single great player like a Travis Elliott, Miles Simpson, or even Shaun Alexander. The lack of depth of those teams was quickly exposed by super district teams. This Dixie team is much different, and better, than those teams. Their OL/DL may be good on a historic level.

I think Dixie is going to see what the roadblock to 6A title is this week, like so many others have... Trinity wins

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.