BGP Fantasy Football League ~ Week Nine

Godot

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what prevents someone from trading all their top draft picks for next year to make a strong run at the championship and then just not come back next year because they don't have any picks and their team will be terrible?

Granted most of our "owners" are here for the long haul but I think being able to trade future draft picks is a dangers precedent to set for a league that is free. Especially when the majority of us have never met each other. Just something to consider. Would hate to see that mess with how great our league is.

Definitely something we should put on the list for discussion.

Individual defensive players are a waste of time but if they are added it's no big deal. They offer no strategic value to the game.

I'm not looking to change this league.

I thought it might be interesting to experiment with different options in another league.

So what prevents someone from trading all their top draft picks for next year to make a strong run at the championship and then just not come back next year because they don't have any picks and their team will be terrible?

Granted most of our "owners" are here for the long haul but I think being able to trade future draft picks is a dangers precedent to set for a league that is free. Especially when the majority of us have never met each other. Just something to consider. Would hate to see that mess with how great our league is.

Right now the only protection is the rules say the commish can put a trade to a league vote. Id had no problem if our trade went to that process.

Individual defensive players are a waste of time but if they are added it's no big deal. They offer no strategic value to the game.

I hate individual defensive players. I am in a league where we have 10 individual defensive players each week. I don't like it at all.

It is a dynasty league.

For the record, I feel about the same way about individual defensive players as I do about decimals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Forum Runner

The Sunday Morning Line

(Game point spread is in parentheses)

Auxier RiverRats * at Latonia Thoroughbreds (-18.0)

Kalamazoo Wings at Brush Creek Rusty Ankles (-30.0)

Florence Fighters (-6.0) at Huggs Thuggs *

Ga. St. Prison Mean Machine ** at Pikeville High Risers (-17.0)

Boyle County Belt Collectors at Stanton Bums (-25.0)

Grant Green Thumbers (-24.1) at Shamrock City Diesel

Sunfish SubVet at West Kentucky Rams (-8.0)

Possum Trot WarHogs at Northern Kentucky Colonels (-9.0)

Hebron Hobbos ® at Northern Kentucky Golden Domers (-9.0)

Atwood Fighting' Amish * at Northern Kentucky Blazers * (-7.0)

Jungle Junkies at West Paducah Rabbit Fists * (-28.0)

Shelby Cardinals (-4.0) at Maysville Mud Hens ®

Junction City Jailcats * at Big Creek Moonshiners (-6.0)

Johnsville Riverhawks (-25.0) at Mauk Ridge Maniacs

Maysville Split Ends at Bushwood Country Club Gophers (-19.2)

Jabez Sasquatch at Sawville GymShoes (Even)

I hate individual defensive players. I am in a league where we have 10 individual defensive players each week. I don't like it at all.

It is a dynasty league.

I thnk we have about 8 players in ours. It's a keeper league and noone keeps defensive players. I dropped Clay Matthews today because he was on a bye. Defensive players are like kickers. You just need a body in the lineup every week and you'll get points. It's stupid.