Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cordia 2014/2015

Featured Replies

I think they will end up playing KHSAA games.

 

Hazard, Perry Central, and June Buchanon all have new players/transfers.

  • Replies 136
  • Views 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they will end up playing KHSAA games.

 

Hazard, Perry Central, and June Buchanon all have new players/transfers.

 

What I've noticed on the Riherds is they still have some games listed for this season.

I was under the impression they were suspended from postseason play, not necessarily regular season play. Did I read it wrong?

I was under the impression they were suspended from postseason play, not necessarily regular season play. Did I read it wrong?

 

My understanding is that they don't have a KHSAA boy's basketball program this year. Period.

Cordia has appealed the ruling. I dont know how long that takes but I dont see them at this point being able to put a schedule together. Most teams already have their schedule filled. I guess it wouldnt be impossible.

Edited by True blue (and gold)

Cordia has appealed the ruling. I dont know how long that takes but I dont see them at this point being able to put a schedule together. Most teams already have their schedule filled. I guess it wouldnt be impossible.

 

I wonder if they are appealing in hopes of being able to play a JV/Frosh schedule?

Edited by True blue (and gold)

I think the Board of Control is having a special meeting next week to hear the Cordia appeal. I doubt the appeal will be successful. Cordia can then pursue litigation and attempt to get an injunction to stop the enforcement of the suspension Order. It will be interesting to see if they go that route (they previously vowed to do so).

I was told by a coach in the 14th that the appeal is to play this year. He thought that khsaa would stick them with having to forfeit all last years games and pay the fine. He thought they would be able to play. I talked to this coach about the same time they filed the appeal but I am now wondering if they could get a schedule together this late. They would atleast have to play their district schedule. I think their district is seeded.

I was told by a coach in the 14th that the appeal is to play this year. He thought that khsaa would stick them with having to forfeit all last years games and pay the fine. He thought they would be able to play. I talked to this coach about the same time they filed the appeal but I am now wondering if they could get a schedule together this late. They would atleast have to play their district schedule. I think their district is seeded.

 

 

Schedule isn't a problem, you can always find games.

 

 

If they get to play this year, KHSAA might as well fold and get renamed, as they are done.

Everyone laugh at Joker. Everyone make fun of Joker for saying he thought Cordia had a chance of playing next season. Everyone call Joker crazy for telling everyone they shouldn't be so quick to dismiss Cordia's appeal as a formality. Go ahead, laugh now.

 

I'm not saying that their appeal will be a complete success on all counts, or that there won't be some penalties, but given that Rhodes and the kids are still there, it's been 3 months since the initial penalties were announced and there's still been no resolution of their appeal by the Board of Control, do I look so crazy for saying that this wouldn't be rubber stamped? Think about it, if this were the slam dunk people were acting like it was, don't you think we'd have had a quick and swift resolution that'd been made public?

Riherds Schedule:

 

Dec 16, 14 Letcher County Central home 7:30 PM

Jan 13, 15 Jackson City 7:30 PM 14th Region All "A" Classic

Jan 20, 15 Letcher County Central away 7:30 PM

Everyone laugh at Joker. Everyone make fun of Joker for saying he thought Cordia had a chance of playing next season. Everyone call Joker crazy for telling everyone they shouldn't be so quick to dismiss Cordia's appeal as a formality. Go ahead, laugh now.

 

I'm not saying that their appeal will be a complete success on all counts, or that there won't be some penalties, but given that Rhodes and the kids are still there, it's been 3 months since the initial penalties were announced and there's still been no resolution of their appeal by the Board of Control, do I look so crazy for saying that this wouldn't be rubber stamped? Think about it, if this were the slam dunk people were acting like it was, don't you think we'd have had a quick and swift resolution that'd been made public?

 

Heck Joker, I was calling you crazy, making fun and laughing at you well BEFORE I had ever heard the name Cordia.:)

Serious question.

 

Where do you expect Rhodes to go? Who would hire him?

Serious question.

 

Where do you expect Rhodes to go? Who would hire him?

 

In KY? Not a soul. Not for a couple of years anyway.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.