Garrard County 28 Lincoln County 14

GC_Lions

Sounds like this one went down to the wire just like it's seemed to have done ever since the rivalry was renewed. Jerry Perry and crew roll on. Everybody in Stanford needs to stay behind Travis Leffew, his staff and most importantly the boys...things will get going there.

Sounds like this one went down to the wire just like it's seemed to have done ever since the rivalry was renewed. Jerry Perry and crew roll on. Everybody in Stanford needs to stay behind Travis Leffew, his staff and most importantly the boys...things will get going there.

Agreed, Harry. I thought Lincoln looked very well prepared. Their players were physical and strong, too. Losing Godbey to the ejection really put them behind the 8-ball.

I was told in the preseason that Garrard expected to win out the 1st 4 games. I thought this was a little off base. I guess the coaches knew what they were talking about. I expected 1-3 possibly 2-2. If they hadnt stubbed there toe at Danville, the Lions would be right there. Congrats on win, and good luck in district play.

I was told in the preseason that Garrard expected to win out the 1st 4 games. I thought this was a little off base. I guess the coaches knew what they were talking about. I expected 1-3 possibly 2-2. If they hadnt stubbed there toe at Danville, the Lions would be right there. Congrats on win, and good luck in district play.

I think most people around town would have been happy with 3-1 after the first four games, and rightfully so. And like you said, the loss at Danville could just as easily went the other way. I, too, think this team's best football is ahead of them.