Rank The Top 10 Teams In The 6th & 7th

1. Trinity (head and shoulders above the rest)

2. Eastern

3. Bullitt East

4. Ballard

5. Male

6. Manual

7. Doss

8. PRP

9. St. Xavier

10. DeSales

Completely agree with the top 10. I think Bullitt East will be the 2 though. Nobody will touch Trinity this season.

Looks like people are very high on Eastern. I hadn't thought of them in my top 5. What am I missing?

In truth, it's as much a default as anything. I think the Seventh is down across the board, with the exception of Trinity. A couple years ago, it felt like there was strength all over the place. Looking at this year, a lot of the long-time contributors and leaders are departed at places like Ballard and St. X and there are a lot of questions to answer.

Eastern has a couple talented senior leaders in Cameron Reed and Trey Moses and a state title winner as a coach. He's finally getting the players he likes into the system he runs. They'll be tough for anyone in the Seventh this year.

I believe Manual will be a contender in the 7th this coming season. They return 6 seniors (Chris West Jr., Jake Chilton, Ja'Kory Freeman, TyRon Horton, Jarrett Harness, and Waynie Sutton) who all saw significant playing time last season. Manual is led by one of the top players in the state, Dwayne "Waynie" Sutton who recently committed to UNC Asheville. He averaged 21 pts and 11 rebounds for the Crimson's last season. The other Seniors are all quality players that should approach double figure averages this coming season.

The Crimson's will have to fill the shoes of recent graduate Trey Boyd. Trey averaged 12 pts and 5 rebounds for the team last season. Marquis McClendon is a junior who I expect could be called on to fill that position. Other Juniors expected to make contributions this season will be Stevie Gordon, Jo Aunn Rivers, Omari Alexander and Eric Niemann. Another Junior, who was a key contributor last season was Tim Comstock Jr. Tim is the starting quarterback on the football team this year and may elect to concentrate on football this season.

The Crimson's went 20-11 last season. They played 6 overtime games losing 4 of the 6 overtime games. Free-throw shooting was Manual's Achilles heel last season. If they can improve their free-throw shooting to closeout games, I truly believe they will be right in the thick of the regional race.

7th

1. Trinity- Loaded Sr class led by best player in the state

2. Ballard- Still Ballard and have plenty of talent

3. Manual- Sutton might be the second best player in the region and this team won 20 games last year

4. ST. X- Lost Robert Shaw a 4 year starter at PG his leadership will have to be replaced by Burgess

5. Eastern- Looks to make it back to 7th region elite

6. Waggener- Most talent in 7th outside trinity, lose starting PG Wells (transferred to central) but got two transfers. This team comes down to coaching.

7. Male- will be led by parker

8. KCD- Mathis and McCray two very skilled players won a game in the LIT last year

6th

The 6th region is down this year and will have a lot of team all right there, might be the widest open it’s been in years.

1. Bullitt East

2. Doss- new coach how fast will players adapt

3. PRP- they play into the system better than anyone

4. Desale led by 6’5 shooter chase spilmen

5. Jtown-

7th

1. Trinity- Loaded Sr class led by best player in the state

2. Ballard- Still Ballard and have plenty of talent

3. Manual- Sutton might be the second best player in the region and this team won 20 games last year

4. ST. X- Lost Robert Shaw a 4 year starter at PG his leadership will have to be replaced by Burgess

5. Eastern- Looks to make it back to 7th region elite

6. Waggener- Most talent in 7th outside trinity, lose starting PG Wells (transferred to central) but got two transfers. This team comes down to coaching.

7. Male- will be led by parker

8. KCD- Mathis and McCray two very skilled players won a game in the LIT last year

6th

The 6th region is down this year and will have a lot of team all right there, might be the widest open it’s been in years.

1. Bullitt East

2. Doss- new coach how fast will players adapt

3. PRP- they play into the system better than anyone

4. Desale led by 6’5 shooter chase spilmen

5. Jtown-

As a Jtown follower, Jtown has gone down hill fast. Only 2 real players on the team Brandon Johnson (Sr) & Dominick Lewis (So). So I don't really see top 25 anytime this year.

As a Jtown follower, Jtown has gone down hill fast. Only 2 real players on the team Brandon Johnson (Sr) & Dominick Lewis (So). So I don't really see top 25 anytime this year.

I dont think top 25 i just think the 6th is really down and Jtown has a really good player that can carrier them.

Freshman PG Gerald Gray, senior post player Drew Glass, senior wing Greg Davidson, and junior shooter Brandon Cranford gives PRP 7 good players (along with excellent and experienced and talented players like Gaines, Stevenson, and Raheem); not the same talent level they have had over the past five years, but they will be plenty good and should be there at the end battling for a regional title.

• 5 months later...