North Laurel 59 Bell Co 50

I know this "whose gonna upset" South horse has been beaten to death but this next game could be it. Obviously the odds are slim that it happens but ya can't never tell. Us fans hoping they do can only hope for an upset even though we probably will be in for a let down.

I know this "whose gonna upset" South horse has been beaten to death but this next game could be it. Obviously the odds are slim that it happens but ya can't never tell. Us fans hoping they do can only hope for an upset even though we probably will be in for a let down.

I agree. South has beaten them 2 times already this season and will be a heavy favorite to 3-peat. I am hoping for a good game. South was up on Lynn Camp by 38 at the half and the Cards seem to be rolling. North has a good team, it is a matter if Conway can get them to play the entire game and not just 1 solid half. If they bring a full 4 quarters, South could have their hands full.

Well, the hottest team in the region (Bell) got cooled down by a mediocre North team that had a losing record. The mediocre Jags also outrebounded Bell 40-16 and the mediocre Jags' Shawn Asher had 15 rebounds.

I guess the weak schedule Bell played caught up with them.

South rolls by North...wait and see. I've seen South beat North five and four times in one season. Three times is nothing. Maybe some wishful thinking from some people.

Well, the hottest team in the region (Bell) got cooled down by a mediocre North team that had a losing record. The mediocre Jags also outrebounded Bell 40-16 and the mediocre Jags' Shawn Asher had 15 rebounds.

Totally agree.

I think if any team is going to upset SL it will be NL. However, I dont see that happening. It may be a good game though.

This game was a perfect example of why — while rolling up a flashy record looks good at first glance — it does no good to fatten up against your weak sisters, and it usually costs you come tourney time. This game, and the whole 13th Region tournament for that matter, should get the message out to 13th Region teams that they need to hit the road and play some tough teams.

I expect Barbourville to be the next team to learn this lesson the hard way. Why they haven't already is beyond me.

This game was a perfect example of why — while rolling up a flashy record looks good at first glance — it does no good to fatten up against your weak sisters, and it usually costs you come tourney time. This game, and the whole 13th Region tournament for that matter, should get the message out to 13th Region teams that they need to hit the road and play some tough teams.

I expect Barbourville to be the next team to learn this lesson the hard way. Why they haven't already is beyond me.

Usually Coach Whitaker will try to schedule better competition if he feels like we have a good team. If we have a weaker team he will play a little lighter schedule. With expectations not being high Bell didn't really play anyone. When I was in highschool we played a lot of good competition, particularly my senior season.

As for this season for Bell. They played really well for the most part and worked hard. The team never got healthy. As soon as Bell got Ryan Whitaker back from an ankle injury, which he was out 2 months, they lost Trey Goins, who had a really good season.

This also marks the end of Jeremy Sander's career. He was a 4 year starter and a great player. He really kept things together this season so to speak. As a freshman he hit back to back game winning shots, to win a district against Redbird and to upset Clay County in the region. As a sophomore he went toe to toe basically with Aaron Cash before fouling out and losing.

He is also an exceptional kid. I have loved playing pickup games with him and watching him play the last few years. Hes a great player, but an awesome person.