Preseason predictions

stick1

Lawrence Co will meet up with Belfry undefeated with a legit shot at finally knocking off the giant. Belfry's king of the region until somebody does it but I think this is LC's best shot at the carpet since 1997 (2010 loaded but Bell was different level than road this year). Major athletic depth+good size up front. Soph Timmy Dalton might end up going the Gerad Parker route. 1 of the top basketball players in school history that ends up being a D1 WR.

Paintsville will be the best story in KY. The program finished the season 2 years ago with about 15 players dressed. In shambles. They now have a tremendous amount of size/speed combo in skill spots. Jr QB Kash Daniels might be the best secret in KY. 6'3-6'4 300+ bencher can run+big arm. TB Belcher 300+ bencher, slot Cody Charles 300+ bencher, slot Luke Trimble 150yds Recirving+80 yd kick return vs Fairview as a Frosh 3 yr starter, WR Peyton smith 3-4 yr starter plus good skill depth. Pikeville/hazard/wburg all tough but I expect the district championship to come down to battle w Raceland.

Sleeper Star Johnson Central TE Truman Salyers. 6'5 240ish. Nice basketball player so can move. With work I think he's got nice D1 potential.

Anxious to watch Baker/Long duo at Ashland both around 4.4 speed.

Pikeville/Pburg game of the night in the mountains. Both with a ton of talent.

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up! That should be an outstanding game.

Any other sleeper predictions. Teams/players to watch. I'm not affiliated w the teams I mentioned. I know they'll focus 1 game at a time. Speaking as a fan on teams/kids to watch. Messer at Raceland is another!

• 2 months later...

How's that for a preseason prediction. LC was undefeated and battled into 4th quarter w Belfry for District now Regional Championship. Paintsville played Raceland for the District championship. Paintsville went from a program with 15 kids to the biggest turnaround in state history tonight! Unfortunately Salyers tore his knee but at 6'5 240lb TE willing to beef up he's going to make a nice college prospect if anybody has college connections.

How's that for a preseason prediction. LC was undefeated and battled into 4th quarter w Belfry for District now Regional Championship. Paintsville played Raceland for the District championship. Paintsville went from a program with 15 kids to the biggest turnaround in state history tonight! Unfortunately Salyers tore his knee but at 6'5 240lb TE willing to beef up he's going to make a nice college prospect if anybody has college connections.

Did Paintsville really have only 15 players at the beginning of the season? If so, what happened? Not trying to say that I don't believe this, but if really true is an incredible story and maybe one that plenty of other teams could become motivated by.

2 years ago that's what they finished the season with. The sky was falling, there were talks of could they keep a football program with such a small enrollment. They had to play a bunch of Freshman that got the hell beat out of them physically and mentally. I remember after Fairview drilled them talking to my nephew who was a Freshman starting both ways. I told him to lock those memories away because in 2 years they won't play anybody with more varsity experience than those young kids that got beat to death. Tonight he ran back an 80+yd TD on def. Coach Cherrico took the job and they haven't looked back. He is one of the very best men I've met in coaching. Stud safety for Marshall he has a group of young men that have bought into his "we not me" philosophy! Can't say enough good things about him or the group of kids he has!