Are the Reds buyers or sellers?

No. I think if you get them for 2015 that's a solid change.

I really believe Cingrani would get either (with maybe a throw in lower level prospect) if the Reds want them, especially Zobrist.

The Double-A pitchers I'd be very hesitant to part with, unless it was a nice controllable haul.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this team needs too much to overpay for 1 guy. Getting Zobrist helps for this season, but does nothing for 1B or LF and those spots will be a mess for the rest of the year. Beginning to worry about SS as well. Will Cozart ever hit?

Is there any possibility of moving Hamilton back to his SS position and packaging Cozart with Bailey and maybe Winkler or Stephenson from the minors for some power in the LF and CF positions. I honestly can't see who the Reds would trade or other teams would want to get the power you need from the outfield postions, maybe Chapman or Broxton would bring a name in but with the way Reds attendance has been this season paying to watch this crap why would Jocketty make any kind of a move, just add a few more bobble head nights

^I'd say the chances are less than 0. Hamilton is as good as it gets defensively in the outfield, and struggled mightily defensively at SS. Winkler is the only minor league bat they have in the organization that's worth a darn, so there's almost no chance they trade him.

^I'd say the chances are less than 0. Hamilton is as good as it gets defensively in the outfield, and struggled mightily defensively at SS. Winkler is the only minor league bat they have in the organization that's worth a darn, so there's almost no chance they trade him.

Agreed about Winker, he's one of the few promising position players in the organization. I don't see him being in any of these talks.

Saw in trade rumors that the Reds are reviewing the option of adding Uggla from the Braves. Since he was released, should be relatively cheap. He's a veteran bat that would be an adequate, low cost rental. The Uggla move allows you to spend resources on 1B and LF if you choose.

Yes, btw, I know Uggla has underwhelmed this season. Is he better than Skip or Santiago? Who knows.