Anti-coal, Anti-gun liberal Senator to campaign in KY for ALG

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard a commercial for ALG yesterday. At the end she is talking about how she will fight for KY coal jobs and something to the effect that she will call the President out about it if elected.

Which she will. I'll talk to her about this when I return. But I guess when your host is holding the party to raise funds, you don't really get a chance to call them out on it, not proper I guess

I cannot understand why Allison Lundergan Grimes would want to be seen anywhere near Senator Warren. She just gave a HUGE gift to Mitch. This really is not helping her convince anyone she won't be rubber stamper for the Democratic leadership. Really can't understand what she could have been thinking allowing herself to be associated with Senator Warren.

If Lundergan Grimes wants to be associated with celebrity Democrats, she should have just looked across the river to Evan Bayh. Very popular moderate governor who you would think she would want KY voters to associate her to. Like I said, I think she just gave Mitch a gift.

I cannot understand why Allison Lundergan Grimes would want to be seen anywhere near Senator Warren. She just gave a HUGE gift to Mitch. This really is not helping her convince anyone she won't be rubber stamper for the Democratic leadership. Really can't understand what she could have been thinking allowing herself to be associated with Senator Warren.

If Lundergan Grimes wants to be associated with celebrity Democrats, she should have just looked across the river to Evan Bayh. Very popular moderate governor who you would think she would want KY voters to associate her to. Like I said, I think she just gave Mitch a gift.

Elizabeth Warren is a bulldog for consumer rights.

Elizabeth Warren is a bulldog for consumer rights.

Its been my experience that advocating for consumer rights actually means advocating for excessive unneeded regulation. If that is the case, please Ms. Warren, stay out of KY, don't corrupt ALG in case she does win.

When I worked in the cable industry, it used to amaze me at the amount of attorneys we had to have just to stay on top of the regulations. Some of the regulation made sense, most of it was just a waste of money which cable companies passed on to subscribers so in the long run, consumers were hurt, not protected.

Never understood why the cable industry needed so much "consumer protection". Cable is not a life line like water, electricity, etc.. If a cable company is charging too much or providing awful service, within 24 hours you could have a dish installed. So stupid.

I also thought it was interesting the studies by Nobel Laureate for Economic Milton Friedman in the 70's/80's were he found most regulation touted as consumer protection actually protected the businesses because the regulation ACTUALLY stifled competition in the industry which would decrease prices and increase innovation in the industry.

Its been my experience that advocating for consumer rights actually means advocating for excessive unneeded regulation. If that is the case, please Ms. Warren, stay out of KY, don't corrupt ALG in case she does win.

When I worked in the cable industry, it used to amaze me at the amount of attorneys we had to have just to stay on top of the regulations. Some of the regulation made sense, most of it was just a waste of money which cable companies passed on to subscribers so in the long run, consumers were hurt, not protected.

Never understood why the cable industry needed so much "consumer protection". Cable is not a life line like water, electricity, etc.. If a cable company is charging too much or providing awful service, within 24 hours you could have a dish installed. So stupid.

I also thought it was interesting the studies by Nobel Laureate for Economic Milton Friedman in the 70's/80's were he found most regulation touted as consumer protection actually protected the businesses because the regulation ACTUALLY stifled competition in the industry which would decrease prices and increase innovation in the industry.

This ain't Mayberry 1958 anymore. Consumer protection didn't spring up on its own without a need to rein in predatory practices or scam artists.

This is a blunder by Grimes. Elizabeth Warren will appeal only to Grimes' most liberal supporters, who already know how they will vote. If she needed campaigners from outside the state, then she should have enlisted the help of the most moderate Democrats that she could find.

CFPB was her baby.

:lol::lol::lol: You mean the agency that was established under Dodd-Frank?

Say no more.

If you want to be a protector of consumers, sponsor the Audit the Fed bill, demand oversight of the Federal Reserve. The CFPB is nothing more than an extension of the Fed that, just like the Federal Reserve, has zero accountability.

The CFPB is plagued with controversy at the moment.

"lack of accountability for workplace diversity was 'pervasive across CFPB,' and said the bureau 'primarily recruits and hires individuals with Ivy League backgrounds."

Two new whistleblowers surface, are subpoenaed in CFPB controversy on employee discrimination | WashingtonExaminer.com

Also, it's costing taxpayers a lot of money.

"Since the CFPB is funded by taxpayer money, this means you’re paying for the privilege of waiting to have your complaint answered. How much? The CFPB has annual salaries of over $100,000 for 60 percent of its 1,200-employee workforce. That buys a lot of mortgage complaint responses."

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Is Plagued By Internal Problems - Forbes

Don't pretend to be for consumer rights and then charade around patting yourself on the back for making the greedy capitalists on Wall St. (who aren't capitalists in any sense of the word) pay for what they did, as you create and lobby for an organization that is paying it's employees hundreds of thousands of dollars all on the taxpayers dime.

The CFPB was made to have accountability on Wall St. yet has zero of it's own.

It cost taxpayers more than a half a BILLION dollars in 2013 alone.

What's worse is the President nor Congress have any say in it's funding. Its funding comes directly from the Federal Reserve.

Warren is many a things -- but a consumers Superman, she is not.

:lol::lol::lol: You mean the agency that was established under Dodd-Frank?

Say no more.

If you want to be a protector of consumers, sponsor the Audit the Fed bill, demand oversight of the Federal Reserve. The CFPB is nothing more than an extension of the Fed that, just like the Federal Reserve, has zero accountability.

The CFPB is plagued with controversy at the moment.

"lack of accountability for workplace diversity was 'pervasive across CFPB,' and said the bureau 'primarily recruits and hires individuals with Ivy League backgrounds."

Two new whistleblowers surface, are subpoenaed in CFPB controversy on employee discrimination | WashingtonExaminer.com

Also, it's costing taxpayers a lot of money.

"Since the CFPB is funded by taxpayer money, this means you’re paying for the privilege of waiting to have your complaint answered. How much? The CFPB has annual salaries of over $100,000 for 60 percent of its 1,200-employee workforce. That buys a lot of mortgage complaint responses."

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Is Plagued By Internal Problems - Forbes

Don't pretend to be for consumer rights and then charade around patting yourself on the back for making the greedy capitalists on Wall St. (who aren't capitalists in any sense of the word) pay for what they did, as you create and lobby for an organization that is paying it's employees hundreds of thousands of dollars all on the taxpayers dime.

The CFPB was made to have accountability on Wall St. yet has zero of it's own.

It cost taxpayers more than a half a BILLION dollars in 2013 alone.

What's worse is the President nor Congress have any say in it's funding. Its funding comes directly from the Federal Reserve.

Warren is many a things -- but a consumers Superman, she is not.

If Mitch wants to take on the senior senator from Massachusetts, he better put on his big boy pants.