Franklin County coaching job open

Derrick King is coaching the team for the remainder of the summer. He was the freshmen coach under Tommy Johnson last season at FC. He will not be a candidate for the job. From what I have been told the position will be filled after the summer season ends. The administration wants to take its time and make a good hire. I can't say for certain who has or who has not applied but I have heard some names thrown around. Jason Holland, Tim Glenn, Tony Wise, and Wes Scarberry just to name a few. I can't confirm or deny 100% on any of those names, just rumors. Should be interesting to see how it goes. FC is a good job, usually a heavy favorite to make the region every year out of that district. Best of luck to them.

Thanks for the updates. For those unfamiliar, I think that each coach's current or former positions are:

Jason Holland - former Montgomery County Coach

Tim Glenn - Scott County Assistant & JV Coach

Tony Wise - former Frankfort High Head Coach

Wes Scarberry - current Model Laboratory Head Coach

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I know they have interviewed a few canidates. I cant confirm who, but was told by one person Tony Wise was one of the folks interviewed.

I hope that is true, and personally hope Tony gets it, not only because he is a friend of mine, but having watched many of his teams play here in Florida when he coached here, I can tell you he can flat out coach!