TheDeuce

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What reputation?

At the end of the day he tweeted what be 'heard' not what be 'knew'. If D'Antoni gets fired we'll see if what Rex 'heard' was true. I don't trust any of them.

You're right, it's not like he's some credible journalist.

I don't trust any of them.

Nor do I. As soon as the Memphis plane landed the year Tyreke Evans' team lost in the tourney, Memphis reporters stuck microphones in Cal's face & he lied to all of them. All of these coaches lie about stuff like this, but it's hard to blame them. What are they supposed to say?

I'm not surprised if Cal ends up leaving & I'm not surprised if he ends up staying. If I had to pick, I say he stays for at least one more year (because Brad will be a senior, I believe).

As for Rex, he's my second favorite UK player of all time & that hasn't changed. I don't believe he did anything wrong with his tweet, but I do believe he was really dumb for putting it out there just shortly before game time. It was an attention grab & he succeeded at that, but sort of threw his alma mater under the bus in the process.

Pitino told UK fans he wasn't going anywhere in 97.

Pitino also told his recruits he wasn't going anywhere. He lied to Michael Bradley & Bradley's father, then tried to make it up to him when Bradley left school early for the NBA.

As a coach, it's a tough spot to be in. You have a job to do, but you don't want to risk personal relationships.

Nothing or no one beat U.K. tonight but the UConn Huskies and U.K. not making plays down the stretch, beng out rebounded, missing 11 ft's ! Bottom Line, WE (U.K.) Got Our Butts Kicked, NO Excuses.

NOW....If in fact Rex Chapman actually tweeted Cal to the Lakers one hour before the NC game this showed a terrible lack of class. He was a great player, but should Cal stays Rex is dealing with the wrong crowd if he makes the BBN angry. Talk about a twitter account blowing up for all the wrong (or maybe the right if true :D) reasons !!

I also refuse to believe that Brad Calipari having one more year of high school will make a difference in the decision. Show me a kid who wouldn't want to move to LA and have unlimited access to NBA players for his senior year. I'd have to see it to believe it.

We didn't, I did...top 10 is on me not anyone else. I just think unless 6 or 7 go to the NBA we'll be a pretty good team next season. Just say I'm basing it on a gut feeling that there may be a surprise or two left.

Dickie V just said on Mike and Mike that he has UK as preseason number 1 next year......

@ESPNAndyKatz

Kentucky coach John Calipari just told ESPN's Jeannine Edwards during post interview that he will be back at Kentucky next season.

I told my buddy that I'd believe it when I saw someone like Andy Katz tweeted about it. Few hours later, we get this from Katz.

Can't say I blame Rex Chapman. Not sure I would tweet it, if I were in his position, even if I believed it was 100% true. I'm not sure what he stands to gain by being the first. Be different if he was a journalist/columnist.

I really hope Cal stays, but if he doesn't I want to thank him for an exciting 5 year run.

I will say one thing though. Rooting for UK is exhausting at times lol. I hate having to learn an entire new team each year and there is no player to grow connected with anymore. I miss that in sports anymore.

Like the first sentence.

For as much as you can feel connected to someone that you've never met in person, I still feel connected to guys like MKG, Noel, Harrison, Young, Randle. Most UK fans dive into college bball much more than the average fan of other teams and know the players in and out. So, nothing wrong with you feeling that way, but I just don't feel the same.

I also refuse to believe that Brad Calipari having one more year of high school will make a difference in the decision. Show me a kid who wouldn't want to move to LA and have unlimited access to NBA players for his senior year. I'd have to see it to believe it.

Brad loves the New England area and no kid, none, wants to move before their senior year. I doubt he even would. Cals family in general is setup for the east coast, his daughters are also in the eastern time zone.

Obviously the Lakers historically are the greatest or 2nd greatest franchise. But barring LBJ going there how do they compete in the next few years with Kobe's contract and health issues?