Cal to the Lakers?

TheDeuce

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's the bottom line, he's not taking the Lakers job until he knows Lebron is for sure going there IMO. That's not going to happen for a few months so this isn't going away anytime soon.

I am convinced this is the situation and now I am doing a complete 180 on the situation. Cal to the Lakers!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

If the number were actually 10-12 million to have to keep him? Stranger things have happened I guess, but I'd say no way would that happen.

I could see UK doing that pretty easily honestly. I also don't think he is going to be the Lakers coach nor would they offer him that much money either.

I just don't see this as a good job for Calipari. The Lakers have lots of roster issues, an aging superstar who has missed much of the last two seasons, who also doesn't play nice with his coaches. They'll be expected to win immediately with Cal there, and that ain't gonna happen. Kentucky is a pretty plum gig, although the fans were close to turning on him late in the season when they were struggling. Of course the good run in the NCAA's turned that around.

I could see UK doing that pretty easily honestly. I also don't think he is going to be the Lakers coach nor would they offer him that much money either.

Have to look at it his way. I'm not saying I buy the story but this is the scenario. If Cal/WWW can land Lebron then Cal is worth every penny. Lebron will be the most underpaid player in the NBA no matter how big his contract is the next time. Paying Cal to land Lebron is a good ROI.

Now I don't buy that Cal can land Lebron. But if it were true if I'm the Lakers I'm opening up the bank account.

Have to look at it his way. I'm not saying I buy the story but this is the scenario. If Cal/WWW can land Lebron then Cal is worth every penny. Lebron will be the most underpaid player in the NBA no matter how big his contract is the next time. Paying Cal to land Lebron is a good ROI.

Now I don't buy that Cal can land Lebron. But if it were true if I'm the Lakers I'm opening up the bank account.

I don't doubt that all. LeBron is the most underpaid professional in all of sports in terms of everything he brings to a franchise. However, there is no way LeBron has made the decision (no pun intended) to go to LA with the playoffs right around the corner. Not to mention, him and DWade are best friends and of course close with Bosh too. I just don't see any way that all these moving parts have been figured out.

Now, could it happen? Sure, it could. But, I think it is a lot of speculation and people trying to make things stick right now.

The sad part is that the Laker organization is deteriorating rapidly before our eyes and would likely turn down a Cal/Lebron /Lakers scenario.

The sad part is that the Laker organization is deteriorating rapidly before our eyes and would likely turn down a Cal/Lebron /Lakers scenario.

That is the other reason I don't buy the rumor. I think the current Laker owner is to dumb to make it happen.

I don't doubt that all. LeBron is the most underpaid professional in all of sports in terms of everything he brings to a franchise. However, there is no way LeBron has made the decision (no pun intended) to go to LA with the playoffs right around the corner. Not to mention, him and DWade are best friends and of course close with Bosh too. I just don't see any way that all these moving parts have been figured out.

Now, could it happen? Sure, it could. But, I think it is a lot of speculation and people trying to make things stick right now.

Lebron, Wade and Bosh made the decision to play together with the Heat a year or two before it happened. I think the only way Cal to the Lakers happens is if Lebron is coming. And that would be something that would have WWW's fingerprints all over it. For all we know it could be a #donedeal but we won't know until the NBA season is over and Lebron opts out to take his talents to LA. Until that happens Cal should stay right where he is.

Lebron, Wade and Bosh made the decision to play together with the Heat a year or two before it happened. I think the only way Cal to the Lakers happens is if Lebron is coming. And that would be something that would have WWW's fingerprints all over it. For all we know it could be a #donedeal but we won't know until the NBA season is over and Lebron opts out to take his talents to LA. Until that happens Cal should stay right where he is.

Yeah I know they did, that's the players though not a coach and a player. For as good as Cal is, LeBron is going to win titles with a good coach, but more importantly, with a good supporting cast. No one can do it alone.