Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cal to the Lakers?

Featured Replies

Here's the bottom line, he's not taking the Lakers job until he knows Lebron is for sure going there IMO. That's not going to happen for a few months so this isn't going away anytime soon.

 

THIS!!!!!

  • Replies 215
  • Views 22.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's the bottom line, he's not taking the Lakers job until he knows Lebron is for sure going there IMO. That's not going to happen for a few months so this isn't going away anytime soon.

 

 

I am convinced this is the situation and now I am doing a complete 180 on the situation. Cal to the Lakers!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

I am convinced this is the situation and now I am doing a complete 180 on the situation. Cal to the Lakers!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

 

You've just reached Randy Parker status as far as I'm concerned. Get out.

I also think UK will pay whatever it takes to keep him too.

 

If the number were actually 10-12 million to have to keep him? Stranger things have happened I guess, but I'd say no way would that happen.

If the number were actually 10-12 million to have to keep him? Stranger things have happened I guess, but I'd say no way would that happen.

 

I could see UK doing that pretty easily honestly. I also don't think he is going to be the Lakers coach nor would they offer him that much money either.

You've just reached Randy Parker status as far as I'm concerned. Get out.

 

You give me Lebron in LA and I'll be whatever status you want me to be. :lol2:

I just don't see this as a good job for Calipari. The Lakers have lots of roster issues, an aging superstar who has missed much of the last two seasons, who also doesn't play nice with his coaches. They'll be expected to win immediately with Cal there, and that ain't gonna happen. Kentucky is a pretty plum gig, although the fans were close to turning on him late in the season when they were struggling. Of course the good run in the NCAA's turned that around.

I could see UK doing that pretty easily honestly. I also don't think he is going to be the Lakers coach nor would they offer him that much money either.

 

Have to look at it his way. I'm not saying I buy the story but this is the scenario. If Cal/WWW can land Lebron then Cal is worth every penny. Lebron will be the most underpaid player in the NBA no matter how big his contract is the next time. Paying Cal to land Lebron is a good ROI.

 

Now I don't buy that Cal can land Lebron. But if it were true if I'm the Lakers I'm opening up the bank account.

Have to look at it his way. I'm not saying I buy the story but this is the scenario. If Cal/WWW can land Lebron then Cal is worth every penny. Lebron will be the most underpaid player in the NBA no matter how big his contract is the next time. Paying Cal to land Lebron is a good ROI.

 

Now I don't buy that Cal can land Lebron. But if it were true if I'm the Lakers I'm opening up the bank account.

 

I don't doubt that all. LeBron is the most underpaid professional in all of sports in terms of everything he brings to a franchise. However, there is no way LeBron has made the decision (no pun intended) to go to LA with the playoffs right around the corner. Not to mention, him and DWade are best friends and of course close with Bosh too. I just don't see any way that all these moving parts have been figured out.

 

Now, could it happen? Sure, it could. But, I think it is a lot of speculation and people trying to make things stick right now.

Have to look at it his way. I'm not saying I buy the story but this is the scenario. If Cal/WWW can land Lebron then Cal is worth every penny. Lebron will be the most underpaid player in the NBA no matter how big his contract is the next time. Paying Cal to land Lebron is a good ROI.

 

Now I don't buy that Cal can land Lebron. But if it were true if I'm the Lakers I'm opening up the bank account.

 

The sad part is that the Laker organization is deteriorating rapidly before our eyes and would likely turn down a Cal/Lebron /Lakers scenario.

The sad part is that the Laker organization is deteriorating rapidly before our eyes and would likely turn down a Cal/Lebron /Lakers scenario.

 

That is the other reason I don't buy the rumor. I think the current Laker owner is to dumb to make it happen.

I don't doubt that all. LeBron is the most underpaid professional in all of sports in terms of everything he brings to a franchise. However, there is no way LeBron has made the decision (no pun intended) to go to LA with the playoffs right around the corner. Not to mention, him and DWade are best friends and of course close with Bosh too. I just don't see any way that all these moving parts have been figured out.

 

Now, could it happen? Sure, it could. But, I think it is a lot of speculation and people trying to make things stick right now.

 

Lebron, Wade and Bosh made the decision to play together with the Heat a year or two before it happened. I think the only way Cal to the Lakers happens is if Lebron is coming. And that would be something that would have WWW's fingerprints all over it. For all we know it could be a #donedeal but we won't know until the NBA season is over and Lebron opts out to take his talents to LA. Until that happens Cal should stay right where he is.

That is the other reason I don't buy the rumor. I think the current Laker owner is to dumb to make it happen.

 

The only way I'll get over Phil to the Knicks is Lebron to the Lakers.

The only way I'll get over Phil to the Knicks is Lebron to the Lakers.

 

I hope you never get over it then. I don't think I can take Lebron to the Lakers.

Lebron, Wade and Bosh made the decision to play together with the Heat a year or two before it happened. I think the only way Cal to the Lakers happens is if Lebron is coming. And that would be something that would have WWW's fingerprints all over it. For all we know it could be a #donedeal but we won't know until the NBA season is over and Lebron opts out to take his talents to LA. Until that happens Cal should stay right where he is.

 

Yeah I know they did, that's the players though not a coach and a player. For as good as Cal is, LeBron is going to win titles with a good coach, but more importantly, with a good supporting cast. No one can do it alone.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.