April 8, 201412 yr Lakers Rumors: Team Leaning Toward Parting Ways With Mike D'Antoni? | Lakers Nation
April 9, 201412 yr ^ That's been a rumor for 3 months. I was thinking for 11 months, but yes, that is like reporting water is wet.
April 9, 201412 yr Does the resigning of Mitch Kupchak mean anything? Los Angeles Lakers renew GM Mitch Kupchak's deal - ESPN Los Angeles It makes me inclined to say Cal isn't going to the Lakers. I would think Coach Cal wants to go to a place where he could get total control.
April 9, 201412 yr Does the resigning of Mitch Kupchak mean anything? Los Angeles Lakers renew GM Mitch Kupchak's deal - ESPN Los Angeles It makes me inclined to say Cal isn't going to the Lakers. I would think Coach Cal wants to go to a place where he could get total control. Why? He thinks he's going to be a great GM? I would think he would only want to go somewhere that is serious about competing for titles. I don't think the Lakers can compete with Kobe's contract, but the Lakers are for sure serious about competing for titles.
April 9, 201412 yr I guess if the majority of the freshmen decide to leave it will give us some indication that maybe Cal is letting them know he isn't going to be here. If players like Dakari and Marcus decide to go I think that puts the writing on the wall. I don't think Cal will announce anything until the Lakers season is over.
April 9, 201412 yr Does the resigning of Mitch Kupchak mean anything? Los Angeles Lakers renew GM Mitch Kupchak's deal - ESPN Los Angeles It makes me inclined to say Cal isn't going to the Lakers. I would think Coach Cal wants to go to a place where he could get total control. You think he's getting control of the Lakers? Phil Jackson didn't even get that. Come on...
April 9, 201412 yr You think he's getting control of the Lakers? Phil Jackson didn't even get that. Come on... Phil was sleeping with his boss- he had all the control he needed.
April 9, 201412 yr Why? He thinks he's going to be a great GM? I would think he would only want to go somewhere that is serious about competing for titles. I don't think the Lakers can compete with Kobe's contract, but the Lakers are for sure serious about competing for titles. I think Calipari has the leverage and would want a job where he would have significant control over player personnel. It isn't like the NBA is going to trounce UK on dollars, so I would think that control would be significant.
April 9, 201412 yr Phil was sleeping with his boss- he had all the control he needed. Jeanie has about zero say in what goes on.
April 9, 201412 yr I think Calipari has the leverage and would want a job where he would have significant control over player personnel. It isn't like the NBA is going to trounce UK on dollars, so I would think that control would be significant. If he wants that he'll never get a job offer IMO.
April 9, 201412 yr Jeanie has about zero say in what goes on. Jeanie Buss says she's boss of Los Angeles Lakers, will empower others - ESPN Los Angeles She likely has some say.
April 9, 201412 yr If he wants that he'll never get a job offer IMO. I think he'll get it if he was openly courting the NBA. Some team would offer AT LEAST significant say in player personnel decisions to secure him.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.