Cal to the Lakers?

TheDeuce

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does the resigning of Mitch Kupchak mean anything?

Los Angeles Lakers renew GM Mitch Kupchak's deal - ESPN Los Angeles

It makes me inclined to say Cal isn't going to the Lakers. I would think Coach Cal wants to go to a place where he could get total control.

Why? He thinks he's going to be a great GM? I would think he would only want to go somewhere that is serious about competing for titles. I don't think the Lakers can compete with Kobe's contract, but the Lakers are for sure serious about competing for titles.

I guess if the majority of the freshmen decide to leave it will give us some indication that maybe Cal is letting them know he isn't going to be here. If players like Dakari and Marcus decide to go I think that puts the writing on the wall. I don't think Cal will announce anything until the Lakers season is over.

Does the resigning of Mitch Kupchak mean anything?

Los Angeles Lakers renew GM Mitch Kupchak's deal - ESPN Los Angeles

It makes me inclined to say Cal isn't going to the Lakers. I would think Coach Cal wants to go to a place where he could get total control.

You think he's getting control of the Lakers? Phil Jackson didn't even get that. Come on...

Why? He thinks he's going to be a great GM? I would think he would only want to go somewhere that is serious about competing for titles. I don't think the Lakers can compete with Kobe's contract, but the Lakers are for sure serious about competing for titles.

I think Calipari has the leverage and would want a job where he would have significant control over player personnel. It isn't like the NBA is going to trounce UK on dollars, so I would think that control would be significant.

I think Calipari has the leverage and would want a job where he would have significant control over player personnel. It isn't like the NBA is going to trounce UK on dollars, so I would think that control would be significant.

If he wants that he'll never get a job offer IMO.