Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Massiello To USF?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 138
  • Views 18k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gotta believe there's been more than just one or two ex-pro players over the years who have moved from the pro coaching ranks -- where a degree is unnecessary -- to the college ranks.

I understand that is Resume is not accurate and if that is the reason you dont want to hire him I understand.

 

But a degree does not make him a better coach.

I understand that is Resume is not accurate and if that is the reason you dont want to hire him I understand.

 

But a degree does not make him a better coach.

 

Right, and that's not really the underlying issue here IMO. If he's willing to lie about that, what else is he willing to compromise his ethics, character, and integrity for?

Last I saw Massiello was trying to figure out what he had to do to get his degree from UK. I wonder if UK would allow him to re-enroll to finish up whatever he needs based on their 'Code of Conduct' (lying on his resume) and (he stirred up the mess over Eric Bledsoe's transcripts as a UL Asst Coach).

My understanding is that USF only terminated the pending offer after it was discovered that his resume could not be confirmed, which was a requirement of the offer. They did not disparage him or express any other harsh sediments towards him or his character. The fan base might have, but read this thread.

 

As far as I am concerned, he could have honestly not known that he did not have a degree from UK, though I wounder how that could happen.

 

Correct me if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that the background check could not be done prior to the offer being made, because they needed his permission to do so.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that the background check could not be done prior to the offer being made, because they needed his permission to do so.

 

Isn't that what an interview is for?

It's not really difficult. I had to apply for verification of my degree thru the registrar's office every time I'm licensed in another state. UofL charges you 5 bucks. I don't understand how they extend an offer without confirmation.

He lied, plain and simple is why he wasn't hired. There is no fault with anyone but him IMO. I don't care if he didn't know, he should have known. No way any university doesn't notify you some way when you meet requirements for a degree.

 

It is possible that he walked in graduation still needing a few hours to get the degree. I had one son that needed 3 hours and walked, but he did not get his degree until he finished the course work in the summer.

 

I never thought about a college coach needing a degree, although it does make sense.

I believe when I was at Murray, you had to apply to graduate, meaning, you could have complete all the courses necessary to graduate but if you didn't complete your graduate packet, you didn't get your degree regardless of your credits. I guess that could have happened?

I believe when I was at Murray, you had to apply to graduate, meaning, you could have complete all the courses necessary to graduate but if you didn't complete your graduate packet, you didn't get your degree regardless of your credits. I guess that could have happened?

 

But how would he not know this?

No clue, but it's the only logical explanation I can think of if he truly thought he graduated.

There's no way to mistake that IMO. I knew exactly what I needed to graduate, then has to apply and do an exit interview. Then I received a degree and several letters.

  • Author
My prediction is he continues the "I swear I thought I graduated" mantra and Manhattan uses that as a reason to bring him back.

 

"Hey, well make mistakes. His having a degree has no impact on his ability to coach and we're moving forward."

 

Like I said....

 

 

Manhattan Jaspers to keep coach Steve Masiello - ESPN

Manhattan president: "Masiello executed poor judgment but did not intentionally misrepresent himself in applying to the college."

 

OK. Fair enough I guess.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.