Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Massiello To USF?

Featured Replies

From my experience with athletics some grad assistants didn't even have classes scheduled during the season or at all. Bein a grad assistant is more asiastant than graduate student. It's really interesting how some schools have blurred those lines

  • Replies 138
  • Views 18k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is a report Massiello contacted the UK administrative offices to check on this after he was told; he was in grad school at UL ... I think it is possible. What if he was a credit or two short and thought he had completed all requirements? Yes, I think it is possible.

 

But if he has no diploma, I've got to think he did not graduate.

I am curious as to you guys perspective. Is it small because you feel like coaches do not need to have the degree? Is it small because you feel like he unintentionally deceived? Is it small because misleading on the resume is small?

 

I do not think this is a small thing. I think that this is a fine reason to terminate a deal, especially if he lied intentionally. I am fairly certain all head coaching gigs at the collegiate level require a college degree; I am 100% certain this will be the case for a basketball coaching gig at the Division 1 level.

 

I don't feel like a college head coach should have a degree. I never knew it was required so that changes my perspective.

This is just bizarre. How does a university hire someone for a position without verifying that they in fact graduated? I think Manhattan looks worse than anyone, well other than Masiello, that is.

This is just bizarre. How does a university hire someone for a position without verifying that they in fact graduated? I think Manhattan looks worse than anyone, well other than Masiello, that is.

 

You would be surprised how many major corporations don't check for some high level positions.

I don't feel like a college head coach should have a degree.

 

Really? A highly external employee for an institute of higher learning not having a college degree? That doesn't seem odd to you? If nothing else, just try to see the PR nightmare angle of it, costs go up, they continue to say how important a College Degree is, but one of their most external leaders doesn't have one? Will never happen.

I wonder if Rick Pitino ever wondered why he wasn't invited to Massiello's graduation? And if he was is he pissed that he got him a gift?

Really? A highly external employee for an institute of higher learning not having a college degree? That doesn't seem odd to you? If nothing else, just try to see the PR nightmare angle of it, costs go up, they continue to say how important a College Degree is, but one of their most external leaders doesn't have one? Will never happen.

 

The uncoupling of university life from sports is on the way. Once amateurism goes, all we'll need is a few massive antitrust suits against the NBA, MLB, NFL, NHL and MLS and we'll be on our way to a democratized, free-market, system of sustainable sports leagues in this country.

I wonder if Rick Pitino ever wondered why he wasn't invited to Massiello's graduation? And if he was is he pissed that he got him a gift?

 

:lol2:

I wonder if Rick Pitino ever wondered why he wasn't invited to Massiello's graduation? And if he was is he pissed that he got him a gift?

 

Nice. :lol2::lol2:

  • Author

Manhattan has placed him on leave.

Wow, on top with a new job one minute and the next no job at all.....

  • Author

My prediction is he continues the "I swear I thought I graduated" mantra and Manhattan uses that as a reason to bring him back.

 

"Hey, well make mistakes. His having a degree has no impact on his ability to coach and we're moving forward."

Really? A highly external employee for an institute of higher learning not having a college degree? That doesn't seem odd to you? If nothing else, just try to see the PR nightmare angle of it, costs go up, they continue to say how important a College Degree is, but one of their most external leaders doesn't have one? Will never happen.

 

 

Never crossed my mind. I assumed that if someone like Mark Jackson didn't have a degree and wanted to coach at St. John's then it wouldn't be an issue.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.