Kentucky vs. Wichita State (NCAA 3rd round)

oldrambler

Who advvances to the Sweet 16 ?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who advvances to the Sweet 16 ?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be Cals last game as coach! UK is going to get spanked!

So Cal should be fired?

You gotta realize...He thinks Travis Ford should be their next coach, so clearly take his posts with a grain of salt.

I don't even know how to respond to such foolishness.

:idunno: I would rank UK's play last night as one of their best games of the year. It was in the top 2 or 3 defensive games they played all season. Offensively, they are moving the ball better than they have all season. They are playing with more intensity and much more physical than they have all year. Last night was an extension of the play we saw in the SEC tournament. They had a few too many turnovers and few too many moments of lacking intensity that plagued them all year, but I like the way UK played last night and it gives me hope they can beat Wichita.

I realize that I watch UK with a super critical eye. I'm never comfortable when watching them play, losing or 20 points up. To me, last night's performance was not one of their best games of the season.

Defensively, I'll agree, they played with intensity and they rebounded well. They've been playing defense like that since the start of the SEC tournament.

However, from my point of view, 38% from the floor and 15 turnovers is not playing well. I'm not a fan of passing the ball for the sake of passing the ball and burning the shot clock up. IMO, they missed several scoring opportunities, passing when a drive or shot was there for the taking.

If they play that way against the Shockers, I may go insane.

:idunno: I would rank UK's play last night as one of their best games of the year. It was in the top 2 or 3 defensive games they played all season. Offensively, they are moving the ball better than they have all season. They are playing with more intensity and much more physical than they have all year. Last night was an extension of the play we saw in the SEC tournament. They had a few too many turnovers and few too many moments of lacking intensity that plagued them all year, but I like the way UK played last night and it gives me hope they can beat Wichita.

They couldnt shoot last night to save their lives. If they play defense like last night and can make a few more shots then it will be a toss up.

They couldnt shoot last night to save their lives. If they play defense like last night and can make a few more shots then it will be a toss up.

But that is who they are. UK is not a good shooting team. That isn't going to change. They have improved their shot selection so that is the only hope to improve shooting percentage. I think their defense is getting into what I expect out of a Coach Cal team and that can win you games. Overall, I think this team has improved a heck of a lot over the season but I just don't think they are good enough yet to beat Wichita. If they win, it will be because of defense, rebounding and getting out on the break to get some easy baskets. That has to be the game plan.

Maybe we looked at things different last night. I thought the offensive ball movement was stagnant last night. Too many times only one player without the ball was moving, everyone else just standing around. Harrison missing too many guys rolling off a screen, I can't tell you how many times Cauley stein was wide open in the lane after rolling off a pick only to have Harrison nt even look at him.

Their ball movement is too predictable. Dribble the ball from the top of the key taking 3 steps and pass it back out top for a poor shot. They need to look at the baseline on some of those dribble drives or at least look toward the basket.

Andrew Harrison is being listed as doubtful. Gotta think that's a big blow. Shame on such a fluke play.

Didn't realize the NCAA gave an injury report. According to some posters UK should be much better off tomorrow with Polson at the point. Perhaps Jim Schue will lay a cool grand down on the Cats tomorrow. :lol2: