Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rockcastle County 48 Somerset 38

Featured Replies

Rockcastle pulls a major upset by beating one of if not the top team in the 12th Region. Somerset had beaten Rockcastle the previous two meetings this year. Rockcastle outscored Somerset 19-7 in the 4th period. Go Rock!

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Brown led Rockcastle with 24, Childress 12, Mullins 8, Stallsworth 3, and Riddle 1.

I don't know what happens to us down here in Somerset. We always do very real in the regular season. We play good and show signs of a team at Rupp. Until All A then after that it seems are team goes down a little bit. We certainly do not play well in the regional games. I don't know when the last time we won a region. However I think with the growth and development of 2 sophomores John Cole and Corey Price getting to start most of the season. Also a good Junior class we should be solid next year. Hate it for the Seniors though Ray Norman and Nathan Holton carried this team all season really made it there team.

Glad to see the Rock win this won!

WAY TO GO ROCK!!!!! :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa

 

If I decide to come home for spring break next week, I'm definitely going to show up at their regional game!!!!!

I don't know what happens to us down here in Somerset. We always do very real in the regular season. We play good and show signs of a team at Rupp. Until All A then after that it seems are team goes down a little bit. We certainly do not play well in the regional games. I don't know when the last time we won a region. However I think with the growth and development of 2 sophomores John Cole and Corey Price getting to start most of the season. Also a good Junior class we should be solid next year. Hate it for the Seniors though Ray Norman and Nathan Holton carried this team all season really made it there team.

It's because the SHS community builds their whole season up for the All-A Classic and can never recapture that energy again the rest of the season. It happens to other teams as well (see Bardstown).

 

I know the All-A is great, and it's a big deal to those schools who make it to EKU, but teams that have designs on more important trophies (the 12th Region title, for example) should not place such an emphasis on the All-A.

Uh Oh!

 

Look for Rockcastle to be shipped back to the 13th now. :lol:

12th Region can be won by almost any team that shows up at region

It's because the SHS community builds their whole season up for the All-A Classic and can never recapture that energy again the rest of the season. It happens to other teams as well (see Bardstown).

 

I know the All-A is great, and it's a big deal to those schools who make it to EKU, but teams that have designs on more important trophies (the 12th Region title, for example) should not place such an emphasis on the All-A.

 

 

You hit the nail on the head. It's always been this way for the boys and the girls. I thought this year might be different.

 

:fight:

Uh Oh!

 

Look for Rockcastle to be shipped back to the 13th now. :lol:

 

 

I am for it!! I liked the 12th the way it was! :irked:

 

:fight:

My hats off to coach thacker on a great year. However I thought the briar jumpers have been overrated all year. Holton is a good high school center and norman has moments of being a good player. But outside of cory price they did not have a consistant outside threat. This somerset team lost alot in the graduation of Bray and Jamison, and couple that with the injury to cole they had alot to overcome. I do think somerset has better days ahead of them with this years soph. class.

 

As for the all A let down, I dont buy into it. Last year the jumpers made an all a run but ran into a pretty good team in the first round of the district.

 

Lets see we could send Rock back to 13th region, and get South and North Laurels back in the 12th? Nah, we will keep rock.

 

Congratulations Rock on a good win.

It's because the SHS community builds their whole season up for the All-A Classic and can never recapture that energy again the rest of the season. It happens to other teams as well (see Bardstown).

 

I know the All-A is great, and it's a big deal to those schools who make it to EKU, but teams that have designs on more important trophies (the 12th Region title, for example) should not place such an emphasis on the All-A.

 

 

Jim Schue first off I am not trying to pick at your comments because I have heard these same statements from several fans over here in Somerset. But I have 2 questions. 1) How does Somerset place an emphasis on the All A? They are in a tournament and they strive to win each and every game in the tournament. If they were not in the the tournament and playing regular season games wouldn't they strive to win those games just as well? With the same effort? And question #2 If you had a choice to win the All A state championship or the 12th region title, Which would you choose? just curious

Wow, this is why you play the games. Somerset had to be a solid favorite in this game.

Jim Schue first off I am not trying to pick at your comments because I have heard these same statements from several fans over here in Somerset. But I have 2 questions. 1) How does Somerset place an emphasis on the All A? They are in a tournament and they strive to win each and every game in the tournament. If they were not in the the tournament and playing regular season games wouldn't they strive to win those games just as well? With the same effort? And question #2 If you had a choice to win the All A state championship or the 12th region title, Which would you choose? just curious

 

I would take the 12th region title.

 

 

:fight:

Somerset has got to find a way to play better after the All A Classic.They do place a lot of emphasis on it and seem to be flat the rest of February and March.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.