Rockcastle County 48 Somerset 38

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what happens to us down here in Somerset. We always do very real in the regular season. We play good and show signs of a team at Rupp. Until All A then after that it seems are team goes down a little bit. We certainly do not play well in the regional games. I don't know when the last time we won a region. However I think with the growth and development of 2 sophomores John Cole and Corey Price getting to start most of the season. Also a good Junior class we should be solid next year. Hate it for the Seniors though Ray Norman and Nathan Holton carried this team all season really made it there team.

I don't know what happens to us down here in Somerset. We always do very real in the regular season. We play good and show signs of a team at Rupp. Until All A then after that it seems are team goes down a little bit. We certainly do not play well in the regional games. I don't know when the last time we won a region. However I think with the growth and development of 2 sophomores John Cole and Corey Price getting to start most of the season. Also a good Junior class we should be solid next year. Hate it for the Seniors though Ray Norman and Nathan Holton carried this team all season really made it there team.

It's because the SHS community builds their whole season up for the All-A Classic and can never recapture that energy again the rest of the season. It happens to other teams as well (see Bardstown).

I know the All-A is great, and it's a big deal to those schools who make it to EKU, but teams that have designs on more important trophies (the 12th Region title, for example) should not place such an emphasis on the All-A.

It's because the SHS community builds their whole season up for the All-A Classic and can never recapture that energy again the rest of the season. It happens to other teams as well (see Bardstown).

I know the All-A is great, and it's a big deal to those schools who make it to EKU, but teams that have designs on more important trophies (the 12th Region title, for example) should not place such an emphasis on the All-A.

You hit the nail on the head. It's always been this way for the boys and the girls. I thought this year might be different.

:fight:

My hats off to coach thacker on a great year. However I thought the briar jumpers have been overrated all year. Holton is a good high school center and norman has moments of being a good player. But outside of cory price they did not have a consistant outside threat. This somerset team lost alot in the graduation of Bray and Jamison, and couple that with the injury to cole they had alot to overcome. I do think somerset has better days ahead of them with this years soph. class.

As for the all A let down, I dont buy into it. Last year the jumpers made an all a run but ran into a pretty good team in the first round of the district.

Lets see we could send Rock back to 13th region, and get South and North Laurels back in the 12th? Nah, we will keep rock.

Congratulations Rock on a good win.

Jim Schue first off I am not trying to pick at your comments because I have heard these same statements from several fans over here in Somerset. But I have 2 questions. 1) How does Somerset place an emphasis on the All A? They are in a tournament and they strive to win each and every game in the tournament. If they were not in the the tournament and playing regular season games wouldn't they strive to win those games just as well? With the same effort? And question #2 If you had a choice to win the All A state championship or the 12th region title, Which would you choose? just curious

Jim Schue first off I am not trying to pick at your comments because I have heard these same statements from several fans over here in Somerset. But I have 2 questions. 1) How does Somerset place an emphasis on the All A? They are in a tournament and they strive to win each and every game in the tournament. If they were not in the the tournament and playing regular season games wouldn't they strive to win those games just as well? With the same effort? And question #2 If you had a choice to win the All A state championship or the 12th region title, Which would you choose? just curious

I would take the 12th region title.

:fight: