Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's your least favorite Red ever

Featured Replies

Really? Why? Bruce has always been very fan friendly from what I've seen.

 

I've just never been impressed with him.

  • Replies 118
  • Views 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really? Why? Bruce has always been very fan friendly from what I've seen.

 

I have heard that hes not so friendly out in public on his own time.

Milt Pappas, Jack Baldschun, and Dick

Simpson. Who knows why? :rage:

 

Could it be a little thing called the Frank Robinson trade?

People have such revisionist memories when it comes to Eric Davis and Paul O'Neill, both weren't all that popular in their playing days. Eric was incredibly fragile ("must be Italian") and Paulie would step in the bucket so badly against lefties it made your eyes hurt. Plus, the latter had some famous plays in the field that weren't exactly Gold Glove-esque. Once Paul went to the Yankees and became a star everyone "loved him" and wondered why they ever dealt him. Cracked me up.

 

Agreed.

 

And :lol2: on the bolded.

Could it be a little thing called the Frank Robinson trade?

 

Bingo!

You can expound if you like.

 

Mine is Dante Bichette. His numbers weren't actually atrocious. His defense was. Worst I've ever watched in person. Made me unbelievably cranky just watching.

 

Just to help justify your feelings about Dante Bichette I had some dealings with him outside of him playing with the Reds and he might go down as one of the biggest jerks of all time regardless what he is doing.

People always crush me for this, but it's easily Eric Davis.

 

Went to a game when I was a kid. Riding in the car with my Dad & a couple of family friends. Davis was my favorite player. We're listening to the pre-game & Marty says that Davis will miss the game because of a hangnail. I've hated him ever since.

 

That is pure blasphemy, I can still remember my little league coach yelling at me for trying to copy his stance and swing! He is my favorite Red ever.

Ray Knight. Can't freakin' stand him.

Ray Knight. Can't freakin' stand him.

 

Did that hatred start before he left the Reds, or after?

I really was not a big fan of Johnny Gomes. I am presently not a big fan of Johnathon Broxton. Willie Greene was pretty bad.

 

I have met Griffey Jr a few times and found him to be a very funny and childish guy. I don't know why he had the rep of being arrogant.

 

I have seen Barry Larkin be very unfriendly in public. But was a good guy when he was at a Reds function.

 

Least Favorite: Jim Bowden. Old leather pants himself.

Easy, Jim Edmonds.

 

My favorite Red

My favorite Red

 

Where is that Dislike button? I know it's here somewhere.

Don't know that I could name a least favorite.

 

But as an old Oriole fan, my favorite just might be Milt Pappas.

Don't know that I could name a least favorite.

 

But as an old Oriole fan, my favorite just might be Milt Pappas.

 

Pappas was a good pitcher and pitched pretty well for the Reds. He just wasn't anywhere close to being worth giving up Frank Robinson.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.