March 5, 201412 yr Joey Votto. Selfish,pompous, and little to no interest in interacting with fans, and parlayed a couple decent seasons into numbers that this town can't afford. Not his fault on the later, but IMO he will be the cause this franchise loses over the next 10 years because of what it does to roster composition. Great case of analytics gone bad. He is a cyber metric all star, but those don't take into account the rest of the team around him. Votto seems extremely cerebral, maybe with quirk or two, but cerebral, nevertheless. I like cerebral. Yeah, I'd say he's had a decent season or two. Looking for big numbers from him this year as well.
March 5, 201412 yr Adam Dunn and it isn't close. What a colossal waste of talent that guy was. Look at his career numbers boss. His career OBP is higher than Ichiro's and Jeter's. If he decides to play until he is 38, he will have over 600 homeruns. He already has over 100 rbis and over 1100 runs scored. Never being tied to steroids. How is that not a Hall of Fame career?
March 5, 201412 yr Dusty Baker. Can't believe I'm the first on to mention him Once again, look at his career numbers. As a player and as a coach you could say he is one of the top twenty most successful baseball people in history.
March 5, 201412 yr Look at his career numbers boss. His career OBP is higher than Ichiro's and Jeter's. If he decides to play until he is 38, he will have over 600 homeruns. He already has over 100 rbis and over 1100 runs scored. Never being tied to steroids. How is that not a Hall of Fame career? Wow, never would have guessed that
March 6, 201412 yr Votto seems extremely cerebral, maybe with quirk or two, but cerebral, nevertheless. I like cerebral. Yeah, I'd say he's had a decent season or two. Looking for big numbers from him this year as well. Cerebral is cool. I like to think I am cerebral. For 225mm, I will trade cerebral for dumb as a box of hammers if the statue will give me .280/30/110
March 6, 201412 yr Dusty Baker. Can't believe I'm the first on to mention him If we are including managers/front office, Dick Wagner and Bob Boone are on the list.
March 6, 201412 yr If we are including managers/front office, Dick Wagner and Bob Boone are on the list. Dusty has taken every team he has been in charge of to the post season. Even the Cubs. Look at his playing career, pretty impressive. Name twenty other baseball people that have been more successful than he. Try and name ten baseball people that have been more successful than he in the past fifty years. Go ahead, post a way. I was actually wrong about Dunn and Jeter. Jeter is 381 OBP and Dunn 366 OBP. Three years ago Dunn was in the mid 380s, the last three years in Chicago have dipped him to a measly 366 career OBP. Numbers don't lie. He could be in the hall if he decides to play five more years.
March 6, 201412 yr Adam Dunn and it isn't close. What a colossal waste of talent that guy was. You're dead to me.
March 6, 201412 yr Dusty has taken every team he has been in charge of to the post season. Even the Cubs. Look at his playing career, pretty impressive. Name twenty other baseball people that have been more successful than he. Try and name ten baseball people that have been more successful than he in the past fifty years. Go ahead, post a way. I was actually wrong about Dunn and Jeter. Jeter is 381 OBP and Dunn 366 OBP. Three years ago Dunn was in the mid 380s, the last three years in Chicago have dipped him to a measly 366 career OBP. Numbers don't lie. He could be in the hall if he decides to play five more years. Baker couldn't coach in the postseason to save his life. Besides the one year he took the Giants to the World Series he is like 1-8 or something atrocious. I think he has the record for most post season appearances without a World Series. No thank you
March 6, 201412 yr Baker couldn't coach in the postseason to save his life. Besides the one year he took the Giants to the World Series he is like 1-8 or something atrocious. I think he has the record for most post season appearances without a World Series. No thank you I'd rather lose in the postseason than not be there.
March 6, 201412 yr Dusty has taken every team he has been in charge of to the post season. Even the Cubs. Look at his playing career, pretty impressive. Name twenty other baseball people that have been more successful than he. Try and name ten baseball people that have been more successful than he in the past fifty years. Go ahead, post a way. I was actually wrong about Dunn and Jeter. Jeter is 381 OBP and Dunn 366 OBP. Three years ago Dunn was in the mid 380s, the last three years in Chicago have dipped him to a measly 366 career OBP. Numbers don't lie. He could be in the hall if he decides to play five more years. Adam Dunn has about as much chance of making it to Cooperstown as Dave Kingman does.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.