Winless teams 2005/2006

It's that time of year again to check down in the basement to see what teams have not won a game yet this year. :cry: :sleep:

Region 2 - Lyon County 0-23 0-16

Region 15 - David School 0-27 0-16

The following 9 teams have not won a game in their respective regions:

Region 1 - Community Christian (Paducah) 1-19 0-15

Region 2 - Lyon County 0-23 0-16

Region 6 - St. Francis 3-21 0-6

Region 9 - Conner 6-18 0-11

Region 9 - Covington Latin 1-11 0-2

Region 12 - Kentucky School f/t deaf 1-19 0-2

Region 13 - Williamsburg 2-16 0-12

Region 14 - Riverside Christian 3-19 0-9

Region 15 - David School 0-27 0-16

We will be keeping a close eye on these teams to see if they can turn things around come tournament time. :p

Don't be surprised if there is a Cinderella team among those teams listed in the above list. Conner from the 9th Region has a history of staying quiet most of the season and then making noise come tournament time. Last year they stayed pretty quiet all the way to the Regional final after knocking off CovCath in the semi's to eventually lose to Holmes. In 2000 when Ronnie Dawn of Newport Catholic was a junior, Conner lost to them by 1 point in the regional semi-finals when nobody heard much from them earlier that season. Now 0-11 in the region this year is pretty quiet, but wouldn't it be something if they broke out again this year and turned that ugly record around with a series of important tournament upsets? It wouldn't surprise me if they did, they've actually been playing pretty tough lately. They lost to New Cath by 2 who had just taken down Holmes and Brossart and had also advanced to the semi's of this years State All 'A'. They're a team to keep an eye on. They may be the only team listed who could make it out of the basement.

Yeah, I know. I knew they weren't exactly having a great season, but when I researched this I was dumbfounded to find that they haven't beaten anyone at all in the 9th Region this year. They lost again tonight to Holmes which is not too surprising. Holmes really needed a win to start refocusing again before the districts. What a story that would be though if the Conner Cougers could get hot at just the right time and make some noise in the postseason. For them to do so is not completely impossible and the 9th Region is really tightening up with most of the favorites except for CovCath having some struggles. Wouldn't mind seeing something crazy like this happen.

The season is OVER for all of these teams except for....CONNER who won their first 2 district games to advance to the 33rd District Championship game against Ryle and, win or lose, have won a berth to the 9th Region Tournament. This, I remind you after having not won a game against another 9th Region team the whole season.

The season is OVER for all of these teams except for....CONNER who won their first 2 district games to advance to the 33rd District Championship game against Ryle and, win or lose, have won a berth to the 9th Region Tournament. This, I remind you after having not won a game against another 9th Region team the whole season.

Talk about getting hot at the right time.. :laugh:

It is interesting to see that 6 of the 9 who have not won in their respective regions are private schools. Would the publics say that these 6 need to be reigned in and handcuffed in order to create that "level playing field" for their public opponents?

I will say this - It would be much easier to build a regional contender at ANY of the 6 private schools than at the 3 public ones.

Remember Rose Hill ?

I will defiantly disagree with you on that point. I'll take Conner to be the first one in this group to build a regional contender.

Maybe in this particular case...I know nothing of Conner. However, I KNOW that I could 'Christianise' an AAU championship team and easily transfer them to one of the privates and that it would be difficult for anyone to stop it. In fact, I've talked to a few coaches about it and they all agree that it would be easier to relocate choice athletes to a private school. What is so hard to understand about that? Right now it would place one under the magnifying glass, but its' still not too late. There is a large grey area RE about students who transfer to private schools for religous/academic reasons who also HAPPEN to be great athletes.

I was just responding to your statement that building a regional contender at any of the private schools would be easier than any of the public. As with a lot of things, when you paint with a broad brush you are not very accurate. Conner lost in the regional finals a couple of years ago and has already qualified for this year's regional tournament.

Many conceptions that people have of the private schools are just as inaccurate.

I was just responding to your statement that building a regional contender at any of the private schools would be easier than any of the public. As with a lot of things, when you paint with a broad brush you are not very accurate. Conner lost in the regional finals a couple of years ago and has already qualified for this year's regional tournament.

Many conceptions that people have of the private schools are just as inaccurate.

I agree that broad sweeping statements do not always apply to every situation. However, there does exist a 'loop-hole' with private religous schools.