Congratulations WKU

kypride

His last roster at UL had 35 Kentucky players on it. EKU, which you've called out for not recruiting Kentucky, had 26 Kentucky players on their roster last season.

Joe, I like you and normally agree with what you have to say. I understand why you feel the way you do. I have no dog in the fight other then wanting more Kentucky high school players to get to play, and earn money for their education, at in-state schools. Anyone that wants to ridicule me for that is more then welcome to.

Joe, I like you and normally agree with what you have to say. I understand why you feel the way you do. I have no dog in the fight other then wanting more Kentucky high school players to get to play for in-state schools.

I'd like to see it as well. I think what gets lost sometimes when looking at the FCS teams is that they only get 63 scholarships to fill out a roster vs 85 for the FBS teams. I think that is why you see Murray and EKU try and get the more marginal FCS in state players to walk on. My son was able to get an academic scholarship that covered his tuition, room and board. He was given a partial football scholarship to cover books and other expenses after his freshman season in which he earned a starting spot. I think lots of times they try to find other ways to get them the money, either through need based grants or academic scholarships.

Good luck to your son at Georgetown. I'm looking forward to seeing their transition to D-II. I think they'll do great at that level.

I'd like to see it as well. I think what gets lost sometimes when looking at the FCS teams is that they only get 63 scholarships to fill out a roster vs 85 for the FBS teams. I think that is why you see Murray and EKU try and get the more marginal FCS in state players to walk on. My son was able to get an academic scholarship that covered his tuition, room and board. He was given a partial football scholarship to cover books and other expenses after his freshman season in which he earned a starting spot. I think lots of times they try to find other ways to get them the money, either through need based grants or academic scholarships.

Good luck to your son at Georgetown. I'm looking forward to seeing their transition to D-II. I think they'll do great at that level.

Thanks, he's excited about being part of the transition.

I'm glad your son was able to earn money and play at EKU. That is a great accomplishment.