8 vs 2

7 vs 3

11 vs 16

10 vs 15

1 vs 12

14 vs 4

5 vs 6

13 vs 9

Before the draw I ranked the regions 1-16. Each 1st round game has one of the top 8 regions, and one of the bottom. Should be some ugly first round games, but the quarterfinals should be great.

Friday's quarterfinals look loaded.

Potential games:

Hopkinsville v. Ballard/Trinity

Scott County/Lafayette/Lexington Catholic v. Montgomery County

Lincoln County/Wayne County v. Knott Co Central/Perry Co Central/Hazard/Cordia/Warren Central/Bowling Green

PRP/Doss v. Holmes/NCC/Cov Cath/Dixie Heights

Friday's quarterfinals look loaded.

Potential games:

Hopkinsville v. Ballard/Trinity

Scott County/Lafayette/Lexington Catholic v. Montgomery County

Lincoln County/Wayne County v. Knott Co Central/Perry Co Central/Hazard/Cordia/Warren Central/Bowling Green

PRP/Doss v. Holmes/NCC/Cov Cath/Dixie Heights

This has the potential to be the best Quarterfinal round I can remember. There shouldn't be any major mismatches after the first round. About as good a draw as you could ask for if you're just a random fan of good HS Basketball.

Two first round games I'm most looking forward to are the 4th/14th and 5th/6th.

Agreed. I also think 1/12, 2/8, and 10/15 could be decent games.

3/7 and 9/13 could get real ugly real quick.

The 9th region has got to be liking this draw. Anyone can beat anyone but to be opposite of Trinity/Ballard, Hoptown, Scott Co., Lafayette is nice.

I like the 9th Region representative to get to the finals.

The 9th region winner could have to beat two top 10 teams just to make the tournament, and another two (PRP and Wayne Co (or KCC/PCC)) to make the finals. If they make it, it will be well deserved.

Agreed. I also think 1/12, 2/8, and 10/15 could be decent games.

3/7 and 9/13 could get real ugly real quick.

Agreed.

I do think the 9th/13th could be better than people might think if Clay County gets back and doesn't have to play Holmes though. If it's those two and Holmes, the quickness just runs them out of the gym quick.

If it's NCC, Clay County has a big kid whose around 6'7 to match a body (size wise) on at least one of their bigs, and the Bred's grinding style of play and short bench could keep CC in the game a little longer than they might stay in otherwise (especially given that they were down there last year). I won't be holding my breath if they play either of them though.

I don't think Jackson County had a very good showing at the All A, at least not what I expected of them, which is going to hurt the perception of the region on the whole.

Burns better be Burns of old. But I still think it'll be a tall order with Scott Co or Lafayette

I definitely don't see them beating either of those teams. Just saying I think Fleming (especially if Burns gets healthy) keeps the 16th from being the weakest region.

The 9th region winner could have to beat two top 10 teams just to make the tournament, and another two (PRP and Wayne Co (or KCC/PCC)) to make the finals. If they make it, it will be well deserved.

Yes, but NCC has already beaten PRP (1-1 vs them) so could go either way, and they have beaten KCC and now Cordia twice. I think the bottom half of the bracket is MUCH easier to advance to the finals (that's a good thing) vs. the top half with Ballard/Trinity, Hoptown, Scott Co. or Lafayette, and even Moco or Brossart. That's crazy loaded up there.

and CovCath has shown through their tough schedule that they can play with anyone. I also never count out the Dawgs but I think they are a little light this year, but nothing would surprise me.

Not saying it's easy, but a 9th Region team will play for the Championship.