Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Phil Robertson Suspended From A&E

Featured Replies

A&E needs the Robertsons more than the Robertsons need A&E.

 

Whos says this isn't just a ploy by A&E to get more people talking about the show.

  • Replies 524
  • Views 41.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't say it's offensive, but it's inaccurate, for one (though I imagine if pressed he would be making the No True Scotsman argument). And more broadly it's a bit of attempt to whitewash history, particularly to blame violence and atrocities on non-Christians, which wouldn't stand up to any kind of reason, and is, I think, a fairly contemptible thing to do.

 

Are you trying to make the argument that Hitler and the Nazi regime weren't anti-christian? I would love to debate that any day of the week. Start a thread.

Producers of a "reality" show balking at reality.

 

I'm shocked.

I really liked this tweet last night.

 

@samsteeleponder It's all fun and games til reality stars start quotin scripture. Better off making a sex tape....

I haven't read all 12 pages nor will I. I just find it very interesting that those that preach the loudest about tolerance are the ones that seem to have the biggest problem tolerating an opinion that is at odd with theirs.

I haven't read all 12 pages nor will I. I just find it very interesting that those that preach the loudest about tolerance are the ones that seem to have the biggest problem tolerating an opinion that is at odd with theirs.

 

Are you talking A&E or BGP?

I hope the rest of the family refuse to make another episode without him in it.

Are you talking A&E or BGP?

 

Neither. I'm talking about the people who's protests led A&E to take this action.

I hope the rest of the family refuse to make another episode without him in it.

 

You bring up a good point. My guess is due to a contractual agreements they don't have that choice. But they could very well tell A&E that there will be no new contract unless they let this go.

The way in which he said he said it was probably extremely embarrassing for A&E. The guy drew a straight line from gay people to bestiality. He can believe that all he wants... I guess... but A&E doesn't have to give him a platform for it.

 

A&E didn't. GQ did.

Neither. I'm talking about the people who's protests led A&E to take this action.

 

Gotcha. :thumb:

The Duck Dynasty family should settle out of the contract and go to a Christian station and do their show for less. They dont need the money and it would bring more viewers to a more family values and friendly athmosphere, would also be a way to maybe get more to Christ.

I could care less what Phil Robertson thinks and never watch Duck Dynasty .Stupid Show

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

 

Voltaire

Anyone else notice that for the most part ( I know its not 100%) the people who say they watch the show lean right and for the most part the people who say the show is dumb or Phil is ignorant lean left. So if we use BGP as a small sample size I'm guessing Phil didn't make to many of the viewers mad.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.