Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Phil Robertson Suspended From A&E

Featured Replies

Sure hope they don't stop selling those Chia beards over all this fiasco :loll:.

  • Replies 524
  • Views 41.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not good with implication. I couldn't say what he meant. I'm better with inference. To many readers, that certainly seems how it looks or least it appears he's drawing that connection.

I think the writer was correct in his statement that Phil was paraphrasing scripture. I don't think he was equating the two other than including them in sexual immoralities, which Paul does multiple times in his letters to the church.

My five takeaways from this story/thread so that I can go on to other more important things, like insulting Getslow:

 

1) A&E is free to do what they want, but I see this as pretty strong hypocrisy on their part. I'll never be convinced that they just now became aware of Phil's stance on the homosexuality issue with the release of this interview.

 

2) Phil also has a right to say what he wants, as we all do, but he needs significant improvement in how he says things.

 

3) I am also hypocritical at times, so it would be unfair of me to be too hard on A&E.

 

4) I also need significant improvement in how I say things, so it would be unfair of me to be too hard on Phil.

 

5) Uncle Remus.

The amount of money someone has doesn't determine their intelligence level. A whole lot of rich idiots out there.

True, but he is a self made millionaire, a successful entrepreneur and BTW he does have a Masters Degree in Education...you make think he's stupid but that is a very narrow view that you have.

I think the writer was correct in his statement that Phil was paraphrasing scripture. I don't think he was equating the two other than including them in sexual immoralities, which Paul does multiple times in his letters to the church.

 

And that's perfectly fair. But I think the PR folks over at A&E are more concerned by how that quote appears than what it may actually say. Subtlety is not and has never been a skill of the mass media.

So let me make sure I understand this whole thing....A stupid guy from a stupid show made some stupid comments, and got suspended? Why are we supposed to care?

 

I guess like we are supposed to care about stupid posters posting stupid comments about a stupid guy from a stupid show who made some stupid comments. Just stupid.

My show will be funnier.
I'm thinking it will be like a reality TV version of Grumpy Old Men -- only with an 8-year old and Getslow...
And that's perfectly fair. But I think the PR folks over at A&E are more concerned by how that quote appears than what it may actually say. Subtlety is not and has never been a skill of the mass media.

 

Thank you for your thoughtful responses.

My five takeaways from this story/thread so that I can go on to other more important things, like insulting Getslow:

 

1) A&E is free to do what they want, but I see this as pretty strong hypocrisy on their part. I'll never be convinced that they just now became aware of Phil's stance on the homosexuality issue with the release of this interview.

 

2) Phil also has a right to say what he wants, as we all do, but he needs significant improvement in how he says things.

 

3) I am also hypocritical at times, so it would be unfair of me to be too hard on A&E.

 

4) I also need significant improvement in how I say things, so it would be unfair of me to be too hard on Phil.

 

5) Uncle Remus.

I'm just a blue bird flying through life looking for a shoulder to land on

Subtlety is not and has never been a skill of the mass media.

It wouldn't sell.

You mean like what he did regarding homosexuals?

I can't let this go with only 1 reply so here is another for you

 

 

At least Phil had the Bible to back his beliefs, what exactly do you have to back your belief he is stupid?

Especially if #fatjason gets a guest spot every now and then. He'll always be eating something when being filmed.

 

Is #fatjason kin to #BPitt??

It wouldn't sell.

 

I'm Catholic... no need to convince me of how poorly the mass media covers issues of faith.

 

:lol2:

I can't let this go with only 1 reply so here is another for you

 

 

At least Phil had the Bible to back his beliefs, what exactly do you have to back your belief he is stupid?

 

I've listened to him talk. He's an idiot. His comments about blacks should've given that away.

I'm thinking it will be like a reality TV version of Grumpy Old Men -- only with an 8-year old and Getslow...

 

Randy = Dennis the Menace

 

Me = Mr. Wilson

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.