December 19, 201312 yr I guess like we are supposed to care about stupid posters posting stupid comments about a stupid guy from a stupid show who made some stupid comments. Just stupid. Merry Christmas to you too. :lol2:
December 19, 201312 yr A little off the subject, but did you all know there is a Mountain Man Christmas cd? It's called Mountain Man - Slower than Christmas Sold at Walmart
December 19, 201312 yr I've listened to him talk. He's an idiot. His comments about blacks should've given that away. Glad you are one to label people you don't know. You are right, because he worked side by side with blacks when he was growing up makes him stupid. Keep up the good work
December 19, 201312 yr In America you cant criticize Gays and Muslims. But in America you can criticize Christians and its ok. Are all 3 not a group who has beliefs? Thank God some are still brave enought ot speak what they think.
December 19, 201312 yr They've also marketed them as a conservative, faith-filled family--not just fun-loving southerners who like to hunt. Sure, I think it's clear that's part of it. But, again, it seems to me that this show has a much wider appeal. I mean, do they get into the blacks-were-happy-before-welfare stuff on the show? Or about how Nazi's weren't Christians? Or that homosexuality and bestiality are comparable? This is the kind of stuff that would turn off a wider audience and I imagine it is not scripted or it is edited out. So, what I’m saying is that the unvarnished opinions of the Robertson’s might not be so inclusive or beneficial to A&E, even if they are portrayed as wholesome, religious conservatives on the show. And this is the my other point, why is it that these opinions should be taken for granted as being part and parcel of being a wholesome, religious conservative? Aren't these the kind of opinions what conservatives claim liberals unfairly stereotype them as having? I take offense honestly to comments like yours because I have family members who may be against homosexuality. I find it to be ignorant to call people who may disagree with you on the topic ignorant. It's become to PC to call anyone who may not agree with it ignorant or uneducated. This is why I normally don't like to discuss this topic because it's a non issue with me. But I get so steamed when people on one side of aisle try and take the intellectual high ground. I think fmkyw’s highlights from the interview in post 56 and my reiteration of them in post 73 indicate we are talking about more than simply whether Robertson agrees with homosexuality.
December 19, 201312 yr Randy = Dennis the Menace Me = Mr. Wilson I would've thought your reply would've been more along the lines of: Randy = Damien Me = "All that is good"
December 19, 201312 yr Glad you are one to label people you don't know. You are right, because he worked side by side with blacks when he was growing up makes him stupid. Keep up the good work I form opinions based off information at hand. You know, kind of like you do with your constant negative rantings about Marvin Lewis, Andy Dalton, and every other person associated with the Bengals organization.
December 19, 201312 yr In America you cant criticize Gays and Muslims. But in America you can criticize Christians and its ok. Are all 3 not a group who has beliefs? Thank God some are still brave enought ot speak what they think. Amen!!! hope i'm not in trouble for saying Amen
December 19, 201312 yr So everyone is going to gloss over his comments of pre-entitlement, pre-welfare statements about blacks? That doesn't get page views...
December 19, 201312 yr Amen!!! hope i'm not in trouble for saying Amen Just be glad I'm not longer a mod. :sneaky:
December 19, 201312 yr I would've thought your reply would've been more along the lines of: Randy = Damien Me = "All that is good" I'm going to admit something... and I'm probably going to regret it... I've been accused of having... old-man-ish tendencies. My closest friend taught his stepchildren to call me "Grandpa." I have friends that call me "Granddad". All this despite still being a few months short of my 30th birthday. So being a cast member of "Grumpy Old Men" or playing crotchety old Mr. Wilson seems like a natural place for me.
December 19, 201312 yr I'm going to admit something... and I'm probably going to regret it... I've been accused of having... old-man-ish tendencies. My closest friend taught his stepchildren to call me "Grandpa." I have friends that call me "Granddad". All this despite still being a few months short of my 30th birthday. So being a cast member of "Grumpy Old Men" seems like a natural place for me. :lol: :lol: I've found in life the following equation to be true: "I'm probably going to regret it" = "I'm most definitely going to regret it" Thank ya Grandpa Slow!
December 19, 201312 yr I'm going to admit something... and I'm probably going to regret it... I've been accused of having... old-man-ish tendencies. My closest friend taught his stepchildren to call me "Grandpa." I have friends that call me "Granddad". All this despite still being a few months short of my 30th birthday. So being a cast member of "Grumpy Old Men" or playing crotchety old Mr. Wilson seems like a natural place for me. As long as you date older women who look like Sophia Loren, you're golden.
December 19, 201312 yr For the record, Randy Parker is going to become the statistician at Augusta. The reality show will be Dork Dynasty. I will watch the show either 32.1 or 32.3 percent of the time.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.