Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cordia being investigated by the KHSAA?

Featured Replies

Don't know if this true or not, but I was told that Cordia is being investigated by the KHSAA. Has anyone else heard this, or is this just a rumor? With the Fairview "fiasco" that just got settled, I could see Cordia being on the KHSAA list.

  • Replies 235
  • Views 34.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't heard that. The last I heard was that all if Cordia's players had been ruled eligible except for Hines, the Ohio State commit. They're still waiting on his status. He is a very important part of their team if they're going to have a shot at winning the region.

Somethings I'd like to know on this one:

 

1. IS THIS TRUE OR A RUMOR THROWN AROUND BY A "SOURCE" WHOSE METHODS ARE ANALOGOUS TO THE ACCUSATIONS THROWN AROUND ON JERRY SPRINGER?

 

 

IF there is truly an investigation then I wonder"

 

1. What prompted the investigation? Do those who live in glass houses throw rocks?

 

2. What evidence has been presented other than speculation and hearsay that something is going wrong?

 

3. Does this even matter for kids who've been there nearly one year and have almost fulfilled the requirement of sitting out that year and will be ready to play this year?

 

4. Is this really a can of worms that the KHSAA and surrounding schools wants to open given the totality of the circumstances?

 

5. If the rumor is true, and Cordia is being investigated, is this good or bad for Kentucky High School Ball as a whole?

Somethings I'd like to know on this one:

 

1. IS THIS TRUE OR A RUMOR THROWN AROUND BY A "SOURCE" WHOSE METHODS ARE ANALOGOUS TO THE ACCUSATIONS THROWN AROUND ON JERRY SPRINGER?

 

 

IF there is truly an investigation then I wonder"

 

1. What prompted the investigation? Do those who live in glass houses throw rocks?

 

2. What evidence has been presented other than speculation and hearsay that something is going wrong?

 

3. Does this even matter for kids who've been there nearly one year and have almost fulfilled the requirement of sitting out that year and will be ready to play this year?

 

4. Is this really a can of worms that the KHSAA and surrounding schools wants to open given the totality of the circumstances?

 

5. If the rumor is true, and Cordia is being investigated, is this good or bad for Kentucky High School Ball as a whole?

 

Joker, are you saying there is nothing here that warrants looking into? Surely you jest. (pun intended)

 

As for #5, yes I think it good. Because IF what is thought by some to be happening there IS actually happening, then it's not a good thing for high school basketball.

 

As for #3. I'm not aware of anyone actually having sit out a year to become eligible. Not that it didn't happen but I'm not aware or haven't heard. Problem here is, IF someone played last year that should have sit, then that's an issue. The way I take your comment, you seem of the opinion that since they have been there a year already, even if they played it shouldn't matter. At least that's how I followed your thinking, I might be wrong.

Countdown to club basketball ladies and gentlemen. I know I'm a broken record, but it's at our doorstep.

Heard this but also heard it's just a rumor started by rival schools. Also heard that all are eligible except Hines.

Joker, are you saying there is nothing here that warrants looking into? Surely you jest. (pun intended)

 

As for #5, yes I think it good. Because IF what is thought by some to be happening there IS actually happening, then it's not a good thing for high school basketball.

 

As for #3. I'm not aware of anyone actually having sit out a year to become eligible. Not that it didn't happen but I'm not aware or haven't heard. Problem here is, IF someone played last year that should have sit, then that's an issue. The way I take your comment, you seem of the opinion that since they have been there a year already, even if they played it shouldn't matter. At least that's how I followed your thinking, I might be wrong.

 

Bylaw 6, Section 1, Subsection A addresses the 1 year thing. Same as the situation for Darryl Hicks at Trinity. He came, was initially ruled ineligible and didn't challenge it, sat his year, then suited up.

 

I think there may be some kids at Cordia who are waiting on the one year clock to toll. Not 100% on that, but I'm thinking it's the case.

Joker, are you saying there is nothing here that warrants looking into? Surely you jest. (pun intended)

As for #5, yes I think it good. Because IF what is thought by some to be happening there IS actually happening, then it's not a good thing for high school basketball.

 

As for #3. I'm not aware of anyone actually having sit out a year to become eligible. Not that it didn't happen but I'm not aware or haven't heard. Problem here is, IF someone played last year that should have sit, then that's an issue. The way I take your comment, you seem of the opinion that since they have been there a year already, even if they played it shouldn't matter. At least that's how I followed your thinking, I might be wrong.

 

Not saying that at all. I just threw in the Jerry Springer line because it's easy to get online and throw out some accusations. I was just wondering if anyone had something more substantive than "heard from a friend".

 

Not saying that at all. I just threw in the Jerry Springer line because it's easy to get online and throw out some accusations. I was just wondering if anyone had something more substantive than "heard from a friend".

 

What if they "heard it from a friend who, heard it from a friend who, heard it from another Cordia'd been messing around"?

What if they "heard it from a friend who, heard it from a friend who, heard it from another Cordia'd been messing around"?

 

Hahaha…

 

Well, once upon a time, I did hear from a friend that Billy Donovan was on a plane to Lexington, but he was mad because Lee Todd was showing Steve Spurrier the horse farm that he wanted.

  • Author

 

Not saying that at all. I just threw in the Jerry Springer line because it's easy to get online and throw out some accusations. I was just wondering if anyone had something more substantive than "heard from a friend".

 

Heard it from someone who is more than just the average "man on the street". And before someone asks.....no I'm not naming them.

 

I am in no way just trying to "start some :poop:", I'm just curious if others might have heard the same thing from someone credible.

It would be bigger news if the KHSAA was not investigating Cordia.

 

To think that several D1 caliber athletes enroll in a school in the mountains of Eastern Ky by happenstance is burying your head in the sand.

 

I have no problem with a group of athletes playing together to improve their chances of college scholarships, or to get out of tough neighborhoods, etc. I do have a problem with the expectation to play against and be eligible for KHSAA sanctioned events. The KHSAA has rules and standards that should be enforced for the protection of all member schools. Before the question is thrown out there, yes I believe that other schools should be looked into also, but Cordia is the most blatant case right now since the axe has fallen on Fairview football.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.