November 12, 201312 yr Author Well it is my opinion that you are being dishonest by saying you had as much of a problem with it while he was at UK as you do now. To each his own. :thumb: Maybe I'm just exaggerating.
November 12, 201312 yr If it makes you feel better have at it. I understand its tough to defend a liar. For the 100th time, it was stated at the beginning of this incident that there would be an opportunity for Chane to return. Are you just upset that the time table wasn't what you thought it should be?
November 12, 201312 yr Personally, I'm thrilled that Pitino doesn't leave decisions up to Kentucky fans.
November 12, 201312 yr Pitino is doing what he feels is "Right" for his team and players. I don't think there is any outrage from UK fans over Chane being reinstated, I don't know UK fan that didn't expect him back by no later then mid-December to start with. It is a little disingenuous of some to think that him coming back so soon is no big deal. He repeatedly broke team rules having no regard for his coach, his school, his team or his team mates. Chane broke the rules did what he wanted to do and in the end suffers very minimal repercussions for all because he's one of the top 2 players on a team expected to be very good this season. If Pitino really wanted to punish him follow Ole Miss, make him actually miss some meaningful games in conference play. But just missing a couple of weeks of practice an exhibition game or two and games against Hofstra, Cornell, Hartford and Fairfield...I don't see where that really teaches him any lesson other than do what you want and in the end it doesn't matter. I hope he has changed and turned his life around. I'm glad he is back on the team because from what I've heard of Chane it's more dangerous for him to not be in a structured environment that is Cardinal Basketball. End of the day Pitino needs to do what is best for Chane. I just hope this is it and that he has learned the right lesson from this episode, not that he can do whatever he wants and get away with it in the end.
November 12, 201312 yr I am not a huge basketball fan and really have no allegiance, except to Morehead State, which usually isn't a factor. It looks as if no one is surprised by this and shouldn't be. Perspective has played out as would be expected, depending on whether a Louisville fan or another team, most being UK. History tells us that the vast majority of time, no matter the school, athletic prowess out weighs other measures. This is not the first time, nor will it be the last in big time college athletics. Yawn.:meh:
November 12, 201312 yr Bottom line: Pitino is a dirt ball! He was a dirt ball at KY and is a dirt ball at Louisville. He is a documented liar at both schools. The guy can recruit and coach basketball with the best of them. Also, well documented at both schools. If the player in trouble couldn't help him win ball games he would be gone and truth-be-told Coach Pitino probably wants him gone, but let's face it, other teams probably showed interest in picking him up...If he was kicked off the team and any school wanted him would he have been eligible immediately?
November 12, 201312 yr Who cares? The only issue I have is that Pitino should've never put a set time frame on his return. All it does is make Pitino look like a liar, which unless you've been living under a rock, has been apparent ever since his Kentucky days. I do find it pretty cool that Chane was able to complete 30 days in 25 though. Dude must work fast.
November 12, 201312 yr Who cares? The only issue I have is that Pitino should've never put a set time frame on his return. All it does is make Pitino look like a liar, which unless you've been living under a rock, has been apparent ever since his Kentucky days. I do find it pretty cool that Chane was able to complete 30 days in 25 though. Dude must work fast. I knew there were a few people on the other side with some sense. That's why I like you. :lol2:
November 12, 201312 yr Personally, I'm thrilled that Pitino doesn't leave decisions up to Kentucky fans. No kidding. Luckily he gets to rely upon his moral compass
November 12, 201312 yr Who cares? The only issue I have is that Pitino should've never put a set time frame on his return. All it does is make Pitino look like a liar, which unless you've been living under a rock, has been apparent ever since his Kentucky days. I do find it pretty cool that Chane was able to complete 30 days in 25 though. Dude must work fast. I wish for once a coach would come out and say, "Chane has been busted multiple times for drugs. We are not going to suspend him, we need him in the rotation (pardon the pun), and unless otherwise instructed he will remain on this team. I will have his teammates run some additional suicides for the next 30 days as punishment to Chane."
November 12, 201312 yr Who cares? The only issue I have is that Pitino should've never put a set time frame on his return. All it does is make Pitino look like a liar, which unless you've been living under a rock, has been apparent ever since his Kentucky days. I do find it pretty cool that Chane was able to complete 30 days in 25 though. Dude must work fast. Of course he works fast... he takes after his Coach!
November 12, 201312 yr Does anyone have proof it was drugs? Does anyone know what he did besides a bunch of rumors? Someone give me proof of what he has done? Is he a knuckle head? Yes - most college kids are. I dont care that Rick used the media to get Chane attention. He is good at getting what he needs by using the media.
November 12, 201312 yr Are we discussing UK or Chane? I agree though, Pitino was also a liar when coaching in Camelot I really liked Pitino as a coach when he was at UK, but after about the first year, I refused to believe much of anything that came out of his mouth. He's still the same coach and person.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.